POWER METAL!

autoteller

I know most of you heads are into hip hop and punk, but dude. Power metal....fucking power metal.

God knows i have my dragonforce tickets for this summer already set up :cool:

Thank fuckin god my girlfriend knows about my power metal addiction or else i'd have no sex life.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finntroll isn't even slightly power metal

its "demons and wizards" not "wizards and demons"... ugh...

which was a project between:

blind guardian and iced earth

power metal has been around since the early 80s, its not a new genre: next 'too many metal genres' comment gets negrapropped.

helloween

iced earth

blind guardian

demons and wizards

kamelot

avantasia

edguy

hammerfall

manowar

rhapsody (i don't like personally, but most people do, if you like dragon force you will like probably, completely over the top)

falconer

gamma ray

lost horizons (metal against drugs, lolololol, awesome band though)

sonata arctica (also over the top)

symphony X

dream evil (amazing talent)

these next are bands that are power in style, but aren't vocally so

children of bodom (first 3 albums are power metal)

nevermore

some older soilwork

most dethklok songs are power.

arguably stratovarius, though they fall into progressive a lot as well

opeth does a lot of power stuff as well, though also fall more into prog

dark tranquillity has started using more and more power parts since damage done/character, but are still primarily 'melodic death'

thyrfing is somewhere between power and sludge and something else...

power doesn't mean 'clean/melodic vox' over fast , technical guitars, though that is a fairly common trait

i've been listening to dragonforce since highschool.

sure, most kids that are into it at this point are hipsters, but don't discount the band because their fanbase is fucking bullshit. you're going to rule out just about every musician with that line of reasoning

moral: hipsters lose, dragonforce are pretty rad.

excuse meeeeeeeeeeeeeee i apologize for the error

-2 metal points

does this mean i can't grow my hair to my ass anymore?

the fuck should i do with my 200 spike gauntlets, now too?

and dragonforce is fucking great, hipster metal or not, their guitarists are amazing. their drummer is fucking lightning (not to be matched by cryptopsy though), and keytar has never before been used so well.

aswell, i added finntroll because a lot of the time power metal has to deal with fantasy situations, and i think songs sung through the point of view of a fucking troll would put it pretty goddamn close to that.

• 1 year later...

PLEASE do not lump Iron Maiden in with these other bands, they can only hope to be half as good as Iron Maiden, or at least older Iron Maiden. As for Dragonforce, to each their own but I think they suck. Sounds like a bunch of guys spent way too long smoking pot while playing Dungeons & Dragons and listening to metal, it's like nerd metal or something.

PLEASE do not lump Iron Maiden in with these other bands, they can only hope to be half as good as Iron Maiden, or at least older Iron Maiden. As for Dragonforce, to each their own but I think they suck. Sounds like a bunch of guys spent way too long smoking pot while playing Dungeons & Dragons and listening to metal, it's like nerd metal or something.

dragonforces guitar is off the fucking hook, r-e-s-p-e-c-t