it may be old, but its new to me, and awesome.

PLEZO1SON

http://graffitiresearchlab.com/?page_id=85#video

Graffiti writer, artist, and friend of the G.R.L. AVONE has recently been incarcerated on charges of vandalism. We haven’t used this site as platform to raise money in the past but if we can gather $2,000 $4,000* bail ASAP then we can keep our friend from having to spend the next 3 weeks in jail. If found guilty he faces a sentence of at least 9 months.

If you live in New York City and keep your eyes open when you walk around then you have seen AV’s work. I have been shooting photographs of his tags for 3 years and was lucky enough to collaborate with him on Graffiti Analysis and the Drip Sessions (video, video, photos).

If you have enjoyed any of these projects and are able to make a donation towards his bail and legal fees please do so by clicking the button below. People willing to make donations of $150 or more can choose from any of the remaining ink on paper tags used in the creation of the Drip Sessions. Click here to view archive (dimensions are roughly 5′ x 2.5′). If you live in NYC and would like to make a donation in person and get a tour of the lab please contact us at freeavone(at)ni9e.com

Thank you.

We have already raised about 1/2 of the the bail money, please keep them coming. Big thanks to:

Bennett 4 Senate, Ed V., Ben Reyes, Lee C., Ben E, Mark F, Florian H, Eyebeam, Amanda M.C. ….

*UPDATE

After raising close to $2,000 and spending an afternoon in the detention center downtown I have come to find out that the city thinks the bail is set at $4,000 (not $2,000). His council from Legal Aid (who has been wonderful) is looking into to the discrepancy, but until then we will keep trying to raise the full amount here.

**UPDATE

Thanks to everyone that donated, bail has been raised and we are awaiting trial first week of May.

^^^^wtf? bail has been raised?????^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What's the deal with people getting busted for graffiti then running to the internet for bail money? You broke the law and got busted, deal with it like everyone else does.

And I don't know how NY is when it comes to bail, but down here you only have to come up with 10% of the actual bail to get out.

have you ever went to jail? probably not, shut the fuck up, things don't work that way.

yea if u ever been through the system it does work that way. punk ass. i been locked and aint proud of it but its done.

i guess you run ur mouth alot tho with a name like cracked teeth

internet tough guy

Yeah, it's pretty fucking good man!

They also drink Chivas and Iced green tea here too. Now I don't usually do the green tea thing and I like a good scotch and coke. But, as I first thought green tea and scotch sounded weird and disgusting, they too think the same about scotch and coke. So I gave it a shot..., and you know what, not too bad either!

Can you get iced red tea where you are? If not, I'd assume the other assorted iced tea flavours will also suffice.

And cheers to you!