good news for mccain

lord_casek

I wanted to look more at this guy and I found this summary funny. Good job McCain:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5193092.stm

His latest book, Jerusalem Countdown: A Warning to the World, interprets the Bible to predict that Russian and Arab armies will invade Israel and be destroyed by God.

This will set up a confrontation over Israel between China and the West, led by the anti-Christ, who will be the head of the European Union, Pastor Hagee writes.

That final battle between East and West - at Armageddon, as the actual Israeli location of Meggido is known in English - will precipitate the second coming of Christ, he concludes.

And if you're interested in getting a Jesus speed internet connection, go here: http://www.jhmonline.com/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I'm talking about his sacrifices in Vietnam, and his loyalty to his country... despite how misguided his recent loyalty may have been. I'm not voting for dude BTW.

He's in a position where if he can get into power he can fuck so much more up than he could ever sacrifice in Vietnam. 100 more years in Iraq, bomb Iran, and who knows what the else. Great American, I can see why you like him.

Did he really say 300 years? I just want a source, since you have been known for being the king of misinformation. 300 years in Iraq is older than the entire current existance of the United States itself. 300 years in Iraq is ridiculously far-fetched and unpredictable (we don't know what the world's political/social/economical situation will be like then). Sounds pretty rambunctious to make such a statement.

Well I don't know about the 300 year quote, but here is the full 100 year one..

Questioner: President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for fifty years…

McCain: Maybe a hundred. Make it one hundred. We’ve been in South Korea, we’ve been in Japan for sixty years. We’ve been in South Korea for fifty years or so. That’d be fine with me as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed. Then it’s fine with me. I would hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where Al Qaeda is training, recruiting, equipping and motivating people every single day.

"as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed" just doesn't have the same ring to it! Funny stuff.

yo, fuck all of you downplaying the POW card.

mccain's a real fuckbag, but don't make light of that fact. 'special treatment' or otherwise, dude made some real sacrifice to be there in the first place and most definitely dealt with real shit.

carry on...

mccain's a real fuckbag, but don't make light of that fact. 'special treatment' or otherwise, dude made some real sacrifice to be there in the first place and most definitely dealt with real shit.

carry on...

yes, he volunteered to go into service at a time in our history that wasn't too great...he deserves credit for that, as do all people who serve.

the rest is shit. he's a gun grabber, an arrogant asshole, etc.

theo: i can't find the source of the 300 year quote. he said it, i just can't recall

if it's video or from a magazine article. i'll keep digging.

on a side note i find it insufferable the way you insist every person that serves in the military somehow deserves respect for no other reason

it's human nature to respect the warrior class. the tribe always holds the warrior class as very high on the proverbial totem.

i find it odd that some people think we are somehow not animals anymore....just because we have neat toys and shave our faces.

silly.

whatever. i don't hate you for your beliefs.

He's in a position where if he can get into power he can fuck so much more up than he could ever sacrifice in Vietnam. 100 more years in Iraq, bomb Iran, and who knows what the else. Great American, I can see why you like him.

Good for you, but as I said already, I'm speaking of his past bravery, heroic sacrifices, etc.

it's human nature to respect the warrior class. the tribe always holds the warrior class as very high on the proverbial totem.

i find it odd that some people think we are somehow not animals anymore....just because we have neat toys and shave our faces.

silly.

I don;t hate you for your's either its just such an irrational thing to do.

silly.

I have to admit I like a lot of stuff I read in crossfire but this glorifying of military service really bugs me.

I am in the UK so am not commenting on US military but my view would still be the same if I was in the US.

I would never fight for this country, I would take jail time over having to join the military. I am no pacifist or anything like that but I am not going to be the slack jawed patsy for a government that is insistant on fighting unjust wars.

I had an arguement with someone the other day about someone that had lost their legs in a war somewhere and they didn't have the same disability rights as someone that was blinded from a career in welding. They said that it was wrong that through someones negligence that they are blind and the person defending their country doesn't get the same benefits. Thaty pissed me off it was the guys choice to join the army so he knew the consequences, so i told they guy as far as I was concerned it was his choice and why should I support him. Not so relevant to the Mccain issue but this mindless support for the military pisses me right off

I have to admit I like a lot of stuff I read in crossfire but this glorifying of military service really bugs me.

I am in the UK so am not commenting on US military but my view would still be the same if I was in the US.

I would never fight for this country, I would take jail time over having to join the military. I am no pacifist or anything like that but I am not going to be the slack jawed patsy for a government that is insistant on fighting unjust wars.

I had an arguement with someone the other day about someone that had lost their legs in a war somewhere and they didn't have the same disability rights as someone that was blinded from a career in welding. They said that it was wrong that through someones negligence that they are blind and the person defending their country doesn't get the same benefits. Thaty pissed me off it was the guys choice to join the army so he knew the consequences, so i told they guy as far as I was concerned it was his choice and why should I support him. Not so relevant to the Mccain issue but this mindless support for the military pisses me right off

well, it's not so mindless on my side. for some it might be and i realize that.

when most young people sign up for the military, they aren't signing up for

a job where they get to live out their weird gta 3 fantasies. they are signing up

because they are (mostly) patriotic people who believe in their country.

granted, the military does let some sick fucks in, but that's how it's always been.

don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch.

what i respect is that they are willingly going in and saying they would gladly give their lives to defend their country and countrymen.

if you understand how military works, they don't make the choices as to where they go or what they do. they just do their jobs. it's a shame that people don't realize that sometimes.

and yeah, it sucks that governments use their soldiers to do some pretty bad things.

the current war is just fucked up in my opinion. and when these boys come home, they don't get very good medical care at all. in vietnam, they got spit on when they came home. like it was their choice to go in and do that shit. that makes me sick.

when knox hauled those big cannons to boston from cambridge to take out the hessians...through snow and ice....when our forefathers, with barely 13% of the nation in support of revolution beat the british out of our country....when we took hitlers army down...when our troops stormed iwo jima and beat the japanese back....

that is the military i like. that is the military i support.

I agree with you Casek, I think if a cause was just then it is worth fighting for, just sadly the governments decide where and when to fight.

So while they may be patriotic and wanting to fight for their country all they are in fact doing is being patsys for their government

silly.

Again with the warrior class obsession?

Being in the military doesn't automatically make you a saint, there are shitty people there just like anywhere else. Regardless if you support the war they are fighting or not, respect for people who are doing incredibly dangerous and difficult work in service of their country shouldn't be too complicated of a concept to understand. The fact that most people look down their nose at service in the military as some sort of manual labor low class job beneath them, the blind hatred or contempt many have of everyone in the military, and an ignorance of what the military is, says a lot about our society.

a job where they get to live out their weird gta 3 fantasies. they are signing up

because they are (mostly) patriotic people who believe in their country..

i don't mean to get nitpicky, but i don't think this opinion is rooted in any factual evidence. i guess 'mostly' is the operative word i have a problem with. it's entirely possible i suppose, but i tend to think that maybe many get into service because they come from a family that's in the service and it's sort of the chosen path, a way to carve out a longterm living that's fairly solid. the patriotism thing is secondary. that along with what seems to me to be a possibly high number of people that enter the military out of necessity rather than some notion of being a splendid american serving the greater good. i could be totally wrong and this opinion is also rooted in zero evidence.

carry on...

Fuck that. I have an uncle who nearly starved to death in Auschwitz (he didn't have a drop of jewish blood in him) and if he was threatening to destroy this country he wouldn't deserve any special status that saves him from criticism. Fuck McCain.

Being in the military doesn't automatically make you a saint, there are shitty people there just like anywhere else. Regardless if you support the war they are fighting or not, respect for people who are doing incredibly dangerous and difficult work in service of their country shouldn't be too complicated of a concept to understand. The fact that most people look down their nose at service in the military as some sort of manual labor low class job beneath them, the blind hatred or contempt many have of everyone in the military, and an ignorance of what the military is, says a lot about our society.

my problem is I cannot respect them because they are knowingly joining a force that is at the disposal of the government to fight the governments agendas. It is nothing to do with defending your nation because the majority of the time you are not defending your nation you are backing up a political decision made by big business and politicians looking to line their own pockets.

The problem is a lot of people are forced into the military due to economic reasons, education and family pressures and the government can utilise these unfortunate souls for their own benefits.

stereotype: i agree. military service doesn't make one a saint. i don't think of anyone in the military as a saint. i think of them as toughened fighting machines. except for the navy. i think of them as faggots on a boat. (i'm only joking, theo. i respect all branches)

larry: different people do it for different reasons. most of them love their country and understand that military service is serving their country and are pretty patriotic people.more so than most americans, anyway.

some do it for college money, some do it because it's in the family, some do it for on the job training.

purple mushroom: listen, mini-noam, you need to back the fuck up. there's no military worship going on. can you differentiate between what is worship and what is respect?

my problem is I cannot respect them because they are knowingly joining a force that is at the disposal of the government to fight the governments agendas. It is nothing to do with defending your nation because the majority of the time you are not defending your nation you are backing up a political decision made by big business and politicians looking to line their own pockets.

The problem is a lot of people are forced into the military due to economic reasons, education and family pressures and the government can utilise these unfortunate souls for their own benefits.

All the radical left wing talking points aside, people in the military are in service of their country. And the argument that everyone in the military was forced in because of financial reasons is bullshit, you make a significant amount more at mcdonalds than you do as a private in the US army.... and even military families are trying to talk their kids out of joining. But it is a waste trying to make this argument, its easier for people like you to think that everyone in the military must have been suckered or forced in as opposed to having convictions they are willing to back up, so whatever floats your boat.

All the radical left wing talking points aside, people in the military are in service of their country. And the argument that everyone in the military was forced in because of financial reasons is bullshit, you make a significant amount more at mcdonalds than you do as a private in the US army.... and even military families are trying to talk their kids out of joining. But it is a waste trying to make this argument, its easier for people like you to think that everyone in the military must have been suckered or forced in as opposed to having convictions they are willing to back up, so whatever floats your boat.

I certainly don't believe that everyone is suckered into the army, some people do have an over inflated sense of pride in their country so are willing to put their lives on the line, other people just generally want to be in the army, others don't have the choice. So like the rest of you I can only talk about my own opinion on the matter, and I would fight for my country if it was a worthwhile cause but so far nothing in my life has been a worthwhile cause to go to war and risk dying for

well, it's not so mindless on my side. for some it might be and i realize that.

because they are (mostly) patriotic people who believe in their country.

granted, the military does let some sick fucks in, but that's how it's always been.

don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch.

what i respect is that they are willingly going in and saying they would gladly give their lives to defend their country and countrymen.

if you understand how military works, they don't make the choices as to where they go or what they do. they just do their jobs. it's a shame that people don't realize that sometimes.

and yeah, it sucks that governments use their soldiers to do some pretty bad things.

the current war is just fucked up in my opinion. and when these boys come home, they don't get very good medical care at all. in vietnam, they got spit on when they came home. like it was their choice to go in and do that shit. that makes me sick.

when knox hauled those big cannons to boston from cambridge to take out the hessians...through snow and ice....when our forefathers, with barely 13% of the nation in support of revolution beat the british out of our country....when we took hitlers army down...when our troops stormed iwo jima and beat the japanese back....

that is the military i like. that is the military i support.

truth right there... someone has to do it, I wouldn't, but I understand that warriors must exist in our society and they deserve our respect for the reasons casek has mentioned.

That being said, being enamored with violence would only seem to be a benefit to a foot soldier rather than a problem. Warriors kill people, that's what they do, so they might as well love their job.

truth right there... someone has to do it, I wouldn't, but I understand that warriors must exist in our society and they deserve our respect for the reasons casek has mentioned.

That being said, being enamored with violence would only seem to be a benefit to a foot soldier rather than a problem. Warriors kill people, that's what they do, so they might as well love their job.

thanks,. and very true, but we don't want dipshits like the jarhead who threw the puppy off the cliff. we want real men who want to take down the enemy and watch their fellow troops backs and maintain on the battlefield. we don't want john rambo, gta, doom 3, psycho billy buttshot there.