where the wild things are

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I can't see Spike Jonze directing this. It seems more like a Tim Burton movie. I agree with christo-f...if he tries to make it too cute it won't work.

Whatever, he's a good director. I'm sure it will be well done regardless of the tone.

Also, it's co-written by Spike Jonze and Dave Eggers; Eggers also wrote A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius, which is easily one of the best books I've ever read, hands down.

My first thought was that the book might take 10 minutes to read, so the movie is going to have to do a lot to stretch itself out to feature length. Hearing Eggers is hooked up with the project gives it a lot of promise...

Somehow I can't see Spike Jonze directing this. It seems more like a Tim Burton movie. I agree with christo-f...if he tries to make it too cute it won't work.

I think the fact that spike jonze fought to avoid watering down the movie is a good sign. I gotta disagree with you on Tim Burton however. I love alot of what the guys done in the past, but its simply gotten to the point where he cant make anything other than a "Tim Burton Movie", ya feel me? theres a visual identity to all his stuff that would overshadow the story.

I think the fact that spike jonze fought to avoid watering down the movie is a good sign. I gotta disagree with you on Tim Burton however. I love alot of what the guys done in the past, but its simply gotten to the point where he cant make anything other than a "Tim Burton Movie", ya feel me? theres a visual identity to all his stuff that would overshadow the story.

And Johnny Depp would have to be in it. :)

Just thinking out loud. I think Tim Burton's style would suit the story well, but I'm interested to see what Spike Jonze and Dave Egger will come up with.

i love the girl video he made. koston's part was awesome and the invisible skateboards were pretty tight,

He actually made all of the old Girl videos, as well as the Chocolate video. That and some music videos (like Sabotage) are what put him on the map. But yeah, it was cool when he came back and applied some of the shit he learned making features to a skate video. The ultra slow motion shit at the opening is fucking incredible.

Incidentally, I heard that Scarlet Johannson's husband in Lost In Translation was based on him, and that the whole movie was kind of about the end of Sofia Coppola's relationship with him.

I read that during test screenings, kids rejected the movie cause it was so dark, which made the studio threaten a whole reshoot, which made Spike Jonze threaten to quit. Not sure what the outcome was.

Yeah what parklife said

whose knows what they're doing with the movie now, pussy ass kids can't take a little darkness

what was the studio expecting? a happy kiddy film for a slight dark over toned book

hollywood:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...