Hippies Scale Golden Gate Bridge to Post "Free Tibet" Banners

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when has a movement moved anything? If I believed I could fly and jumped off a 10 story building cause I believed I could, would I get a commendation or would you call me a dumbass?

is that an attempt at a comparison?

and as far as movements are concerned:

the US only exists because of 'movements'.

period/end/i wont continue because chances are you won't understand.

Since when has a movement moved anything? If I believed I could fly and jumped off a 10 story building cause I believed I could, would I get a commendation or would you call me a dumbass?

I would call you a fucking idiot, because we do not have the ability to fly. At least without some sort of equipment. So you jumping off of a 10 story building wouldn't be able to change anything, ever no matter how many times you are able or how many people did it.

However the ability to change how humans treat other humans is highly plausible, and if achieved would affects the lives of thousands if not more. It could be the difference between a life of imprisonment, a life of freedom, or no life at all.

So when your able to change something of that significance for that amount of people even if it is only temporary that is an unbelievable accomplishment. You falling to your death though, that would be quite comical.

However the ability to change how humans treat other humans is highly plausible, and if achieved would affects the lives of thousands if not more. It could be the difference between a life of imprisonment, a life of freedom, or no life at all.

Good luck with the next 20 years of your movement homie.

*publicity

I hate protesting usually, i think its pointless and redundant. That being said, when people do things like put out the Olympic Torch and hang a giant banner on the Golden Gate Bridge, these are actions that demand attention on a global scale. What will come of it remains to be seen, but its a refreshing change of pace from the usual protest march and subsequent giant hippy beatdown by riot police.

(Ok I like the beatdown part)

Here's a comparision of ideals/priorities as viewed by some of Channel Zero-

1885209815_9aa9b86411_b.jpg

"Yo, dude that's fucking tight! Those are some serious bombers killing shit!"

sanesmith.jpg

"Damn, the Brooklyln Bridge? That nigga was craaaaaaazy.....RIP SANE TRUE NYC KING"

capt.3f2d190613fb419dae0d0c5899410554.olympic_torch_san_francisco_caps101.jpg?x=212&y=345&sig=kFTrUq.DdCuv5vobLRxyRA--

"Fucking hippies...what difference does that shit make? Stupid glory hounds."

:huh:

As far as I am concerned, at least these crazy hipsters did something interesting, instead of standing on a streetcorner bitching at traffic. So they get props.

Word.

And at least they're actually doing something with themselves other than bitching on the internet.

I agree that it aint gonna change shit though.

And they'd be better served to focus more on shit that's going on over here. But whatever.

More power to them.

I just don't care about Tibet or what's going on over there, It's not my problem...I don't care.

Call me self centered, stupid, uneducated, heartless or what ever you want, shit won't bother me...I got enough shit to worry about over here in my own neck of the woods.

Do I think the banner hangers will make a difference? No, I don't. Sure it took balls, they got on the news and now the whole world will know where they stand on Tibet.

Big wow, those guys are awesome.

1885209815_9aa9b86411_b.jpg

"Yo, dude that's fucking tight! Those are some serious bombers killing shit!"

sanesmith.jpg

"Damn, the Brooklyln Bridge? That nigga was craaaaaaazy.....RIP SANE TRUE NYC KING"

capt.3f2d190613fb419dae0d0c5899410554.olympic_torch_san_francisco_caps101.jpg?x=212&y=345&sig=kFTrUq.DdCuv5vobLRxyRA--

So true!

It's mad hipocrites in Channel Zero. :biglaugh:

I'd give you props for that but I already propped you today.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=74893

The dude on the cable actually calls into the TV station. Sounds like a douche but thats pretty G'd up.

Normally I talk mad shit on hippies because it's too easy. It's hard not to.

But I can respect what these cats are doing.

Dude didn't really come off as a stereotypical hippy/crusty type protestor. Just one of those super liberal cats who gives a shit about what's going on in the world.

More power to them.

Now that I've thought about this a little more, I want to clarify what I said and where I really stand.

Protesting the Olympic torch amounts to a proxy protest of the PRC in the US....which isn't going to do anything to help the people of Tibet. It raises awareness in the US, but the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) is not exactly known for bending to the will of the international community when it comes to human rights in its occupied frontier areas.

If you want to get up to date on the CCP, check out this site-

http://ninecommentaries.com/

Also, find out if your bank/S&L has large investments/holdings in Chinese held companies. If so, consider closing out your account and starting an account at a smaller bank or local credit union. If they ask you why, tell them you don't want to indirectly fund oppression and you'll be willing to bank with them when they stop doing business in the PRC.

<edited so i don't quote all the images>

wrong.

just because its doing some on a similarly 'extreme' level doesn't means it demands equal respect.

when a rollerblader does a 15 stair should i be as impressed by that as the kids on skateboards? when a roller blader hits the S rail should i be as impressed?

NO.

they're different fucking games.

sure they're ballsy, but you can't compare the brooklyn bridge work to banksy's shit, would you????

your argument just pulls on the 'heart strings' of the graf kids. i don't disagree w/ their actions or your support, just your argument.

i wholly support people making a serious issue of politics. i think the attention being brought upon china and tibet right now is awesome

I just don't care about Tibet or what's going on over there, It's not my problem...I don't care.

Call me self centered, stupid, uneducated, heartless or what ever you want, shit won't bother me...I got enough shit to worry about over here in my own neck of the woods.

Do I think the banner hangers will make a difference? No, I don't. Sure it took balls, they got on the news and now the whole world will know where they stand on Tibet.

Big wow, those guys are awesome.

I think it's so funny the way certain people take it so personally when someone protests, especially for a leftist cause. Even here, no one is going at you with a real attack, no one is even jumping up yelling free Tibet in here, no one is asking you to care, yet you write as if though you're under attack.

And for those saying it won't change anything, you're right that by itself it won't. However, China is not getting to use the Olympics to build up their "brand" but instead are getting hammered with negative press across the world. This makes it harder for our leaders to work with them, and makes the media focus on their flaws rather than their accomplishments. So, long term the more this continues the more it hinders their ability to cover up the problems and puts pressure on them to fix it. Might work, might not, but it makes sense that the protests collectively can potentially have an impact..

• Like 2