Road Trip 101

SukiSukiNow

I'm thinking about going on a road trip alone.

I would like to go with a buddy and share hotel and gas bills, but I don't know anyone who can take

2 weeks off.

The route I'm mapping out:

leave san francisco and head up to

santa rosa (see friends)

chico

redding

eugene

portland

seattle

vancouver

spokane

boise

salt lake city

while i'm in utah i plan to go south to visit dogtown. its the biggest no kill animal sanctuary in the us.

i watch dogtown on national geographic and fell in love with john garcia the dog trainer. sigh. i have to go hunt him down and kidnap him.

las vegas

los angeles

i have never traveled this long or far by my lonesome. last time i took a road trip it was with a friend and we drove from la to arizona, new mexico, across texas to houston.

just wondering if anyone has traveled alone, im a little concerned because i'm a woman and i don't know shit about cars.

any tips/suggestions would be totally bitchen.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thats sounds dope. i've always wanted to do something like this. it's probably not gonna happen now that im married.

solo trips sounds hella expensive.

i got about a month let's roll suki.

from the pics i've seen your car looks new. just take it to your mechanic and get a tune up and have everything inspected. make sure your tires are good to go. make sure you have the mandatory road emergency bag. it might sound gay/overkill but maybe take a little motorola type radio since your probably gonna go through some places where cell signals are non-existant.

personally i'd feel weird if my chick was gonna go solo. i mean i'd be paranoid some weirdo hitcher is gonna snatch her up at a gas station trying to sell her infinity bracelets or something.

yeah, cocaine and the dead hookers are hard.

don't bury them too close to the roads would be my advice.

only a couple of mine have popped up, but the bodies were too far gone for me to get popped.

but seriously, get something for self defense. guns, knives. macex1000.. something

try out the pepper sprays. i got a couple pepper sprays so when me and the ms. ride bikes just in case random dogs or zombie bums try to eat our brains. so i tried one out and the spray was similar to the spritz bottles for you hair. so you have to wait for the rabid dog or zombie bum to actually take the first bite in order to be within range to spray hit. which by then is too late you're now a rabid zombie.

I make 5-10 hour drives all the time and I don't get oil changes that often or know what exactly a tune up is. You'll be good. Also: bring duct tape. You never know what might happen. One time I crashed into some dude and my hood was all fucked up and I was on the highway and that shit flew up and I couldn't see. Luckily I had duct tape to tape it down.

• Like 1

$500? For the whole trip? Slammin'.

I'd do it but (CAVEAT!) I snore and I have to take care of some bidniz here in town over the next couple weeks.

You know how to reach me, though. Maybe you can pick different people up along the way....you never know, people always need rides.

i think its a good thing im going alone. 2 weeks with the same person... i would have to unleash the pms monster on them. plus i have lots of people to visit along the way. it'll be a good time for me to reflect, regroup, and figure some shit out. if there's a notary in the house please note that if i die i leave everything to my dogs.