Grocerys! Help me out (good cooks?)

enigmatic

So with my parents gone for the week and no money to buy/order food I am supposed to make a run to the grocery store, Im cooking for myself this week. Needless to say I was thinking it through and realised it will be harder than I thought. I dont know what to make, and what to buy to make it. Im at square 1 here. SO help me out, any ideas for meals? I really only need 6 breakfasts and 6 dinners.

I dont really want to eat spaghetti every night. SO help me out!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tacos are easy to make.

make nachos with the left over meat.

quesadillas are easy to make.

buy some lunch meats and make sandwiches.

breakfast = cereal, ready mix pancakes, french toast, eggs.

(all with 2 ingrediants)

snacks = grilled cheese sandwiches, ramens, mac and cheese, baked potatoes. etc.

single serve status

Lamb Fillets With Candied Onions Fennel And Canadian Whisky Recipe

• 2 racks of lamb (see header notes)
  • 2 tsps (10 ml) chopped garlic
  • 2 TBSPS (25 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
  • 2 TBSPS (25 ml) Dijon mustard
  • 2 tsps (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1 cup (250 ml) COOKED spinach, chopped (squeezed dry)
  • 8 sheets phyllo
  • 1/4 cup (50 ml) melted butter
  • CANDIED ONIONS AND FENNEL:
  • 2 cups (500 ml) thinly sliced fennel
  • 2 TBSPS (25 ml) butter
  • 4 cups (1 L) sliced Spanish onions
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 cup (50 ml) balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup (50 ml) honey
  • 1/4 cup (50 ml) Canadian Whisky
  • LAMB JUS:
  • 1 TBSP (15 ml) vegetable oil
  • Bones for the lamb racks (above), cut into pieces
  • 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped carrot
  • 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup (125 ml) Canadian Whisky
  • 2 cups (500 ml) lamb or beef stock
  • 2 cups (500 ml) water
  • 1 TBSP (15 ml) tomato paste

Directions

1. PLEASE READ ALL STEPS THROUGH BEFORE STARTING , as you can multi-task here -- and get the lamb jus going. Lamb jus can be set aside; refrigerated, it will keep for 2 weeks.
  2. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
  3. With a sharp knife, remove the meat from the bones, cutting as close to the bone as possible. Reserve the bones for jus. Cut meat in half. Each rack will serve 2. (OR...get friendly with your butcher and have HIM / HER do this for you! It's worth it!)
  4. Combine garlic, rosemary, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix 1 TBSP (15 ml) into cooked spinach (make sure spinach is cooled and squeezed dry!) and brush remaining herb mixture over lamb.
  5. Lay a sheet of phyllo on counter and brush with butter. Lay another sheet on top and brush with butter. Add 1/4 of spinach mixture in the center of the top third of phyllo sheet. Place one piece of lamb on top of spinach. Roll once, brush phyllo with butter, and fold edges over lamb; brush with butter and roll into a package. Brush entire surface with butter.
  6. Repeat for other 3 pieces of lamb.
  7. Place on butter-brushed baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes (or according to header note for thickness), or until phyllo is golden.
  8. To serve, place each Lamb Phyllo package on a bed of onions and fennel. Surround with lamb jus and serve.
  9. CANDIED ONIONS AND FENNEL: Bring a large pot of water to boil and add fennel, bringing it back to boil. Boil for about 1 minute and drain very well.
  10. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat and add onions and fennel. Saute for 5 minutes, until onions are softened. Add balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and Whisky, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat immediately to low and simmer until reduced and thickened, about 40 minutes. The onions and fennel will become caramelized and sticky. Keep warm until ready to serve.
  11. LAMB JUS: Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and add lamb bones. Saute until browned, about 7 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add onions, carrot, and celery; saute another 3 to 5 minutes, until vegetables are tinged with brown. Add Whisky and bring to boil. Reduce liquid until 1 TBSP (15 ml) is left, about 1 minute.
  12. Add stock, water, and tomato paste and bring to boi. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup (250 ml). Remove bones, strain, and season to taste with salt and pepper if needed. Keep warm until ready to serve.
  13. CONGRATULATIONS! You made it...now, drink the rest of the Whisky and serve your masterpiece!

edit: a bit on the expensive side but it should be easy enough...

You don't have money or know what to do by yourself, yet you're going to cook rack of lamb?(which is not cheap)

I can follow instructions.

ANd have a lot of the ingredients.

Lamb+a few ingrediants couldnt be that bad, and its not like id be having it every night.

I dont know, depending on the price factor i might pass on that one.

Nobody could possibly like ramen that much. That can not be healthy.

But were you serious about Ramen with Egg?

hell yeah. when ur ramen is almost done crack an egg in it. you can add just about anything.

hot sauce, slice up some hot dogs like my brother used to do.

oh and he used to make tuna rounds (drain water from can of tuna, make little patties, coat with

egg wash, pan fry, dip in soy/vinegar mix, eat over rice)

oh oh oh... make curry. super easy. will last 897899 days.