Springfield, MA

onesandzeros

Guest jetrok.bfs

Cap'n Bland

chill man i was just fuckin around it not that bland, you just talked shit to me awhile ago its nuthin ....good shit

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/garcia_vega/simon1.jpg'>

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/garcia_vega/simon3.jpg'>

i finally got a godamn scanner. a couple nice ones from simon ssc. i''ll post some more later. i'm trying to find some of the jas and gy flix i have. the young kids hate on those guys but they were up, they had cool throwies, and they got spot-jocked big time by a lot of other writers--kids who were around know they hit a lot of things first.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

From MASS area, live near pretty close to Springfield.... on my own and somewat new to graff scene. lookin for ppl to help me up and to paint wit me or something, if ya can then instant message me - TRiBaL2323 or email me at tribal23@attbi.com

thanks....

Also i got a scanner and dig camera, so if u from Ma area ill show u some of my sketches, just contact me somehow. PEACE

• 1 year later...

FEEEDDDDD BACK!

Originally posted by HAL

Regardless of who's biting who, I like Springfield graffiti, and they're some of the nicest writers I had the pleasure of painting with.

AINT THA THE TRUETH!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Moderators- please close this thread.

Officials declare war on graffiti

Monday, July 26, 2004

By BILL ZAJAC

wzajac@repub.com

SPRINGFIELD - Characterizing it as a war to take back neighborhoods, the city is trying to enlist regiments of volunteers to battle the growing problem of gang-generated graffiti.

Try Our Classifieds

The city is offering training and the materials to neighborhood civic associations, church associations and other groups interested in supplying the elbow grease to remove gang "tagging."

The city's Office of Housing and Neighborhood Services launched the "graffiti remediation" program Wednesday by holding an informational meeting at the McKnight Neighborhood Council.

Another informational meeting will be held at 6 p.m. July 29 at the Raymond Sullivan Safety Complex on Carew Street.

Mary B. Troy of the Hungry Hill Neighborhood Association likes the idea of the city using volunteers to cleanse their neighborhoods.

"Graffiti devastates a neighborhood wherever it is. And there isn't a neighborhood in the city that this isn't a problem," said Troy.

Troy was one of about eight people from various organizations who attended the meeting.

"I'm definitely going to see if we can put together a team. I can only ask," Troy said.

The city has established a hotline for people to report graffiti sites and to enlist a team of volunteers. The number is (413) 787-6145.

"We want to send a message to gangs that these are our neighborhoods, and that their tagging will not be tolerated," said Michael J. Cass, manager of the program.

Cass said the city's graffiti problem isn't simply teenage prankishness.

"It's a crime," Cass said.

Kathleen N. Brown, community police liaison and a graffiti program leader, said most of the city's graffiti is created by people in the 18-25 age bracket.

"These are gang members who are marking off their territories much like dogs mark territories," Brown said.

Sites often need to be cleaned several times before gangs get the message that their crimes will not be tolerated, Brown said.

Benjamin Swan Jr., president of the McKnight Neighborhood Council, said he has seen the effectiveness of fighting graffiti.

"Our neighborhood council has dealt with this. We believe graffiti has not been a big problem in McKnight because we have addressed it. It does work," Swan said.

Brown and Cass demonstrated and discussed removal methods and products when dealing with various surfaces.

"In the best of all possible worlds, property owners would clean graffiti on their properties immediately after it appears. That doesn't happen, so this program is designed to step in and help," said Jennifer L. Kearney of the city's Office of Housing and Neighborhood Services.

it's funny how misinformed people are. seriously---out of all the graffiti you see in the 'field, how much of it is gang graffiti? hardly any. i mean you see a few little things here and there but the vast majority has nothing to do with the gangs. that article is ridiculous. we got a whole village of homeless people living in tents in the middle of downtown, heroin is overunning the streets, the murder rate is doubling since last year, and these assholes are gonna "take back their neighborhoods" by buffing out a few "gang tags." springfield isn't even close to being as heavily bombed as it once was, so why is this even an issue? the same reason bush is trying to make gay marriage an issue in the election--to distract people from the real problems. it's total bullshit. there's plenty of better ways that time, energy, and money could be spent to help the community than this. i just hope this doesn't turn into a witch hunt, and we end up losing the legal wall and our piecing spots because some ignorant vigilantes want to feel good about themselves.

and on an unrelated note i agree with diabloblanco--there's no flix in this thread anymore so it should be closed.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived