Olympic Torch Extinguished

TheShaneCo.

China will never let go of Tibet no matter what happens. Just like they'll never let go of Xinjiang, Inner Mongolia or Taiwan. They are a strategic buffer against India, Russia, Europe/Middle East and ocean attack. China has had a history of invasion from outside its borders (Mongols, Manchurians, Japanese and border conflicts with Vietnam, Russia and India) and has its fertile region at its core (yellow, pearl and yangtze rivers). It uses these buffer zones to protect its core. It will never give them up without first being completely destroyed in its defence.

skirmfirm, thanks for the concern dude, I know where the limits lay. ;)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

All the recent demonstrations in Tibet were not peaceful protests. They were violent in nature and organized in in such a way to get a violent reaction from the Chinese. Which is exactly what happened. Which ultimately painted the Tibetans being violently treated by the Chinese.

I choose not to go into specifics (that's the limit right there) but there is a little more too it. Both sides are playing dude.

there are some people that are always looking for a cause to rally against. I think it just makes them feel important, like they're a part of something bigger than themselves. I don't think protesting in the streets does anything but create a mob of angry idiots trying to get something off their chests.

I choose not to go into specifics (that's the limit right there) but there is a little more too it. Both sides are playing dude.

Thats cool. I know both sides are playing.

It just seems like this..........

China gets the "China is good, Tibet bad" story

Rest of the world: "Tibet good, China evil" story.

And it's hard to pick out the truth.

there are some people that are always looking for a cause to rally against. I think it just makes them feel important, like they're a part of something bigger than themselves. I don't think protesting in the streets does anything but create a mob of angry idiots trying to get something off their chests.

Protest are antiquated idea at this point in time.

And co-signed.

3,500 Chinese Babies Named “Olympics”

There has been a lot of crazy stuff going on in China in anticipation for the 2008 Olympics. None quite so strange as this story.

Nearly 3,500 children, since the year 2000, have been named after the 2008 Olympics.

olympics-2008.jpg

3,500 were named “Aoyun”, meaning Olympics, in 2000 when the bid first came up to have the Olympics in China.

Additionally, more than 4,000 people have been named after the “Five Friendlies.” The Five Friendlies are 5 different animated characters that play in Chinese Olympics commercials.

five-friendlies.jpg

five-friendlies 3,500 Chinese Babies Named Olympics picture

The names are Bei Bei (880 people), Jing Jing (1,240), Huan Huan (1,063), Ying Ying (624) and Ni Ni (642). When put together, the phrase translates to “Beijing welcomes you!”

3,500 Chinese Babies Named “Olympics”

There has been a lot of crazy stuff going on in China in anticipation for the 2008 Olympics. None quite so strange as this story.

Nearly 3,500 children, since the year 2000, have been named after the 2008 Olympics.

olympics-2008.jpg

3,500 were named “Aoyun”, meaning Olympics, in 2000 when the bid first came up to have the Olympics in China.

Additionally, more than 4,000 people have been named after the “Five Friendlies.” The Five Friendlies are 5 different animated characters that play in Chinese Olympics commercials.

five-friendlies.jpg

five-friendlies 3,500 Chinese Babies Named Olympics picture

The names are Bei Bei (880 people), Jing Jing (1,240), Huan Huan (1,063), Ying Ying (624) and Ni Ni (642). When put together, the phrase translates to “Beijing welcomes you!”

I'm sorry but that's really odd. I'm just trying to picture myself running around calling people "Olympics"...what the fuck?