my theory on: CSI, LAW&ORDER, NCIS, the first 48, crime 360, all these damn shows

KILZ FILLZ

i think these damn shows are a form of brainwashing to get people to think that there is no way that they could possibly get away with a crime

fuck, i have been in the room with the tv on in the background for the last few hours and these types of shows are all that has been on

any takers?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

there is a big difference between all those other bullshit shows and the first 48. that one is real and shows you a lot about police interrogation tactics. you can see how they trick people into talking by bluffing etc.

CSI and L&O are just terrible shows that only morons watch. i'd rather be dead than have to watch either. incredibly phony and unrealistic.

It's funny you bring this up. I watch Law and Order as my junk food TV when I just want something on but don't want to focus on it. I don't beleive it's a conspiracy, but it is interesting how the cops and lawyers on the show are the good guys, and of course the criminals always the bad guys, so when the cops or prosecutors do something illegal or unconstitutional it is always for the greater good. The hot woman prosecutor is always against it, but the ends justify the means, and like a mother she is shown as too weak to survive in a mans world (where protections are meant to be broken!).

I hate these shows.

L&O is one of the few shows on network TV I'll watch, for much the same reasons as MRL. Entertaining, but not totally mindless.

Interesting theory, Creamy. I really have no idea. You should watch "Iron Eagle" and "Red Dawn" sometime...two classic examples of propaganda from the eighties.

the first 48 is my shit. and if you learn anything from watching it, its shut the fuck up. 90% of the time the cops really dont have shit, and if you shut your mouth and wait for your lawyer, youll be sitting on your porch drinking coldies in no time.

For all you that watch the first 48, I think its great but I dont get how they show all these people ratting eachother out. I mean, do the people that rat know they are on national TV? Am I missing something obvious? Do the people that snitch get witness protection? It is funny to see how stupid some of the suspects are, everytime I watch it Im yelling at the TV... "Shut up"

• 1 year later...

if they put shows on tv about ''the day in the life of pork'' where it shows how many people actually get away, the government or sum lame ass fucker wud flip out and prolly take it off the air...tv is ran i believe mainly by the government and they have more say than ud think on wuts aired...but if a show did come out bout homies juicing the police,i believe that people wud watch it...fuck it i wud...if it was done right it cud b a comedy....like sum dope ass martin lawence type shit

i watch cops because sometimes the bad guy gets away.

only seen it once... but still.

this same theory could be applied to childrens television. maybe.

all the shows are super cheery nothing bad animated nice color programs to distract children from realizing what a shit world they are growing up in.

no, that doesnt really make sense.

oh well.

i think these damn shows are a form of brainwashing to get people to think that there is no way that they could possibly get away with a crime

fuck, i have been in the room with the tv on in the background for the last few hours and these types of shows are all that has been on

any takers?

Anyone familia with Marxist thinking, might argue that this is an example of cultural hegemony. A form of persuasion aimed at the subject class in order to maintain the status quo.

Its clear that the overall message projected by these kinds of programs, is one that suggests forms of authority have the technology, time and resources to catch you if you decide to break the law.

They also tend not to recognise compelling justifications for committing criminal acts, more focusing on social dysfunctions or psychological disorders, ie character flaws, as the reasons that someone might break the law.

It would be hard to argue against the idea that exposure to these kinds of television shows skew the way the viewers think about criminal acts and view their relationship with authority. Particularly if they have little exposure to authority and crime in their day to day lives.

It is also important to recognise the asymmetrical power relationships that the television executive and the viewer have to choosing what is shown on television. Although demand, or popularity, is a neccessity in order for a type of show to have longevity. The ultimate decision over what is aired and what is not rests with the executives.

Although high drama is one key element for popularity in a television show, and this is easy to acheive in a story involving police due to the very nature of their work.

High drama could also be achieved by focussing on the criminal as the protagonist. There are a lot of popular 'Heist' type films that use this method, but it is definatley not as common on television.

I would be intersted to see some data on the number of films and television shows with some form of authority as the hero, by comparison to where the hero is a criminal.

Overall I would have to say that telvision executives have a vested interest in not showing too many films that send anti authoritarian messages because it would undermine the position that they hold in society. If, for example, 75% of television content showed strong messages that people should steal from large corperations and share the loot with their friends. This would reduce demand for advertising on television and therfore reduce the executives wages.

• Like 1

its police state entertainment. is a police state entertaining hahaha no not at all. dont watch tv AT ALL<--------------------- get dvd's of seasons and movies. play ps3 and wii not xbox and you should be fine

and most of all dont waste your time indoors too much. Go outside!

i hate those shows but most of all they can be used to PERFECT your crime as a response to the first guy. so you know what not to do

How to get away with murder:

Wear an all spadex suit.

Put bags or hair nets (ones the nurses use in surgery) on your shoes.

Shave your head, or put a hair net over it.

Put fingers in acid to destroy fingerprints, or wear gloves.

Kill victim by knocking them out and injecting them with an empty needle filled with air so their vein will explode.

Rent a boat and go out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Dump the body with weights into the ocean, and you're done!

Pretty sure CSI wouldn't find you.

I kind of agree, most cops have no access to that kind of equipment and resources.

I'm sure it just makes the story more entertaining to watch though, no conspiracy.

That show cops on the other hand purposely edits footage to make it look like if you run you will always get caught.

I can't even guess how many times I ran as a kid and didn't get caught once, on the show they always get caught.

any takers?

its the truth trust me, homie i rent from switched from cable to a reaaaaalllly shitty directTV plan that doesnt even get basic channels so pretty much i have the choice between shitty cartoons or these crime shows where niggas get put away hard time and shit like "why i ran" so after a nigga ODed on cartoons to the point i dont want to see anything animated, i went on to the crime shit, and it really has fucked with my quality of life and the thing is i know better but im all fucked up now....

It's funny you bring this up. I watch Law and Order as my junk food TV when I just want something on but don't want to focus on it. I don't beleive it's a conspiracy, but it is interesting how the cops and lawyers on the show are the good guys, and of course the criminals always the bad guys, so when the cops or prosecutors do something illegal or unconstitutional it is always for the greater good. The hot woman prosecutor is always against it, but the ends justify the means, and like a mother she is shown as too weak to survive in a mans world (where protections are meant to be broken!).

I hate these shows.

I have the same relationship with Law and Order as you Liver. Something about the formula makes me want to watch it. I love how the issue that the producers want to rally against any particular week becomes a morality play in Law and Order. It makes me laugh when I hear people rally against the liberal media, and then I see NBC propagandizing populist conservatism through Law and Order. SVU is even more pernicious in a way, by constantly propagating the monster myth of criminality.

i shoudl have included COPS and americas wildest police chases in the title

on a side note:

the reason they are called cops is, back in the day their badges were made out of copper ie 'coppers' and 'cops'

droppin knowledge up in hea

I think cops was a deliberate propaganda move by ultra conservative rupert Murdoch to gain sympathy for police abuse post rodney king.

By presenting us with endless reams of police footage on location it makes the original abuse tapes fade into a sea of police footage.

Now when we see police abuse footage the average person psychologically writes it off as another epeeode of cops