MOVIN ON UPPPPPPPPPP!!!

THANKYOU

to the east side, finally got a piece of that pieeeeeeeeeeee.

so, latest update on my lifeola:

i'm in the process of building a new house and I can't be any more excited than i already am. Going to be 3 minutes away from my job, 2 streets away from one of my best friends house. brand new awesome community i'm building in with a lot of promise...

some house details:

-2137+ sq feet (i say plus because i'm adding a retreat to the master and a covered patio).

-tile flooring in wet areas and laundry room / or wood laminate, haven't decided which way to go yet...(my buddy got wood lam.. and it looked pretty damn good).

-silestone kitchen counters

-jetted tub in master

-huge walk in closet in master

-open floor plan to living and dining room from kitchen

-neighbor in front of me's house is $300k+, and to the right $220k+

-2 door garage

-stainless steel appliances

etc etc etc...

right now i've purchased the lot my house will be on, loan is finalizing, and monday i go in to pick all of my stuff out for the house.

so i know this thread's a lil early and i won't have any pictures just yet, but just wanted to share the good news... as well as talk to others on the board who just bought a new home or home period, hear some things i should watch out for, or to expect etc etc...

i'll be doing a fixed rate loan obviously, with a 2-1 buy down... so for example if i get a loan at 5.25% for a 30 year fixed, the first year's rate will be 3.25%, second year 4.25% and the tihrd through 30 year would be fixed at 5.25%...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well tease, even though i think your gay i must give you props on building your own house.

right now is the best time to construct a house, because labor and lumber prices are down.

ive been thinking about going this route as well. fuck paying retail for some house built 15 years ago. you can build your dream house alot less. you can always sell the house you build for a profit too.

the whole headache is in the contractors. if you dont fuck with teh right contractor the whole project can be a expensive mess. i hope your using someone who has maybe done work for the family or friends. if your really sav you will be the one cruising down the street picking up day laborers for 50 bucks a day. "pintura?? ciquenta dollares a dia. pintura??""

for some reason i always thought 200-300k would buy alot more in texas. like serious ranch type shit.

i was gonna make a crack like niggas buying a 250,000 dollar house but can't afford a suit that costs more than 200 bucks. but i wont.

so is this austin? rooms/bath?

for some reason i always thought 200-300k would buy alot more in texas. like serious ranch type shit.

i was gonna make a crack like niggas buying a 250,000 dollar house but can't afford a suit that costs more than 200 bucks. but i wont.

so is this austin? rooms/bath?

my house is like $179k before customizing it / upgrades.

and yes, you people in cali or nyc are fucked... its way cheaper here in texas. (atleast for now, people started coming here and buying up property / land...)

and pistol- the big ranch style house or whatever you're referring to, you can probably get if you move further outside of city limits, but i'm in the city to an extent.

my house is, master, 2 kids rooms, living room, dining room, and a 4th bedroom that is a miniature den / office space. i went with this floor plan so that if and when i sell a few years down the line, a family with 2 kids would still have that 4th room for an office or play room for the kids. i'll be using it for a media room.

2 full bathrooms....

be extra cautious when you look over that contract from your homebuilder. most major homebuilders are including manditory arbitration clauses in the contract. Meaning if you have problems after the home is built that are directly related to the shoddy job the company has done, you cant take them to a civil court, you are bound by the contract to persue arbitration. Considering how flakey alot of new home builders are these days, its something to take seriously.

http://consumerist.com/consumer/complaints/tremont-homes-sells-rotten-lemon-provokes-victimized-homebuyer-into-five+year-consumer-crusade-291500.php

Is your house on a concrete slab? If it is get the laminate because prefinished glue down is shit in my opinion...It looks cheap and in most cases shows wear and tear faster than a nice laminate.. If it isn't you should get the real deal 3/4 prefinished or unfinished nail down hardwood. I personally would go with unfinished and get 4 coats of one of the newer water based finishes like Streetshoe or Bona's water based poly. The reason I say that is beacuse real hardwood last longer than enigineered glue down and it looks better..Plus it will increase the value of your house when ever you go to sell it.

be extra cautious when you look over that contract from your homebuilder. most major homebuilders are including manditory arbitration clauses in the contract. Meaning if you have problems after the home is built that are directly related to the shoddy job the company has done, you cant take them to a civil court, you are bound by the contract to persue arbitration. Considering how flakey alot of new home builders are these days, its something to take seriously.

http://consumerist.com/consumer/complaints/tremont-homes-sells-rotten-lemon-provokes-victimized-homebuyer-into-five+year-consumer-crusade-291500.php

thanks for the heads up, i'll have to ask my realtor about that.

i'm building with KB HOMES. theyve been around forever, so hopefully i wont have any issues.

i believe from what my kb contact said, they cover everything for up to 10 years. (as far as structural issues)

KBHomes worse builder alive. Not to be negative

But they cut corners like crazy.

And why are you building a new home with so much inventory out there right now.

You know the home builders are paying the highest commissions right now to realtors. There is a reason for that.

Is your house on a concrete slab? If it is get the laminate because prefinished glue down is shit in my opinion...It looks cheap and in most cases shows wear and tear faster than a nice laminate.. If it isn't you should get the real deal 3/4 prefinished or unfinished nail down hardwood. I personally would go with unfinished and get 4 coats of one of the newer water based finishes like Streetshoe or Bona's water based poly. The reason I say that is beacuse real hardwood last longer than enigineered glue down and it looks better..Plus it will increase the value of your house when ever you go to sell it.

yes sir, concrete slab....

my buddy got the laminate, and it really looked good. plus easy to clean, and helps with people with allergies.

ive always had carpet though, but we'll see.

T;6270308']KBHomes worse builder alive. Not to be negative

But they cut corners like crazy.

And why are you building a new home with so much inventory out there right now.

You know the home builders are paying the highest commissions right now to realtors. There is a reason for that.

i've heard good and bad things about them. i plan on watching them like a hawk though on my shit.

different areas also build better than others im sure. i figure if some rich folks that seem to be in my neighborhood are dropping $250-350k plus, i'll be okay.

but honestly, i feel like everyone now a days is somewhat shady or trying to cut corners...

i plan on being in there for about 5-7 years unless i get married earlier, which i dont see happening anytime soon. and if worse comes to worse, i'll just keep this property and rent it out when the time comes to upgrade. the best thing about this neighborhood is it's location. it's got shit popping off all around it. area is blowing up...

this niggas house so dirty you gotta wipe your feet before you step outside

i went over this niggas house and pressed the doorbell, this nigga tease stuck his head out the window talkinbout "ding dong!"

i went over this niggas house and asked him what's for dinner, this nigga pulled out a shotgun and said "next mothafucka that moves"

i went over this niggas house and had to use the bathroom, i saw three roaches sittin on the toilet talkinbout "wait yo turn"

this nigga threw a party at his crib, and i told everybody the drink's on the house, and this nigga tease got a ladder

this niggas cooking is so bad that the flies got together to patch a hole in the screen door

this nigga so stupid he left his house for the home shopping network

this nigga so stupid that he has a glass door with a peephole

this niggas house so small when i stuck a key in the door, i stabbed every mothafucka inside

this nigga so broke i went over his house and grabbed a paperplate, this nigga told me "don't use the good china"

just kidding tease congratulations.

my house is like $179k before customizing it / upgrades.

Goddamn, I gotta move to where you're at. You can't even get a condo around here for less than $400k. Forget about building a house unless you've got a cool 500-700k to drop. I'll be renting for the rest of my goddamn life. :(