RIP Frosty Freeze

GLIK$

This was written by Liquidteks Magazine but we share our condolences:

OnApril 3rd, 2008 at approximately 7:50am, Wayne "FROSTY FREEZE" Froststarted his journey in to the next life. Our condolences go to hisfamily and friends and all who knew of his great legacy. Frostyacknowledged those of us who came to visit him and was in good companyduring his last moments on this earth. For those of you who had thehonor of knowing him, we all know that Frosty had a very celebrativespirit. He was constantly educating people and helped preserve the richhistory of urban and Hip Hop culture. He was "the walking Hip Hopencyclopedia" and was one of the few brothers who had almost totalrecall in terms of history. We ask that you remember him as this greatpositive light who cared and loved many of us just as we loved andcared for him. On this day, we ask that people continue to keep him intheir prayers. God willing, we will post any new information withregard to the wake and his memorial on April 11th.

RIP FROSTY FREEZE

harvilla.jpg

\breaking.gif

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the pleasure of hanging out with Frosty a few times at bboy jams in the northeast... dude was a riot. He'd be walking around taking pictures of everyone with this bright yellow underwater disposable camera and sharing laughs, he would light up any circle or group of friends he approached. Dude was seriously an awesome guy, and really inspired a loose, have-as-much-fun-as-you-can attitude for dancers, me included, that really made bboying worthwhile beyond the pleasure of dancing as serious craft.

We were tracking his health and outlook on another site, with Fabel giving us updates on his condition, and we were all hopeful that he'd recover. Real sad to hear he has passed on.

1980-001.jpg

RIP Frosty Freeze

• Like 1

Dude was seriously an awesome guy, and really inspired a loose, have-as-much-fun-as-you-can attitude for dancers, me included, that really made bboying worthwhile beyond the pleasure of dancing as serious craft.

EXACTLY!! i used to do a sunday night, and nobody ever came down. then one night, a group of bboys/girls started showing up every week for us. i've never had as much fun playing records, as i did with them. it wasn't just because i was playing for breakdancers, it was the fact that all they were doing was cutting up and having fun. it was a matter of doing what they did, and not being 100% serious --just having a good time. i think that is the true essence of the culture.

is this supposed to be funny? show some respect.

No, this was not meant to be funny, I think you taken it out of context. And I do have respect for him and those before me that made a large impact in the B-Boy/Hip-Hop community. How did I not show respect when I already said Rest In Peace? I just posted a picture with his name, because I knew people was going to post actual pictures of Frosty.

if anyone hears about any public get together to celebrate this dude's life --post it up or PM me.

98a8a620.jpg

This was supposed to be a fund-raiser for Frosty, but I'm guessing it'll go on as a memorial/tribute event. haven't heard any additional news, but I'll keep you posted.