Muay Thai

SukiSukiNow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's all yours dude.

Judo's fun and all but in a brawl that shit's as useful as knowing roman greco buttsex positions.... which ironically you see in UFC all the friggen time so what do I know..

Few of my friends are fourth degree black belts in karate and my good friend became fifth degree at 21.... which if you know whats up then you know that's fucking crazy. Anyway they're taking up aikido next which I think is more like the shit they use in army combat training and less like wrestling throw moves.

But seriously: just thumb in the eye and walk away.

saw some knockouts in bankok. got a bloody nose in this crazy fucking atmosphere of older thai business men and such yelling bets and shit. i didnt speak a word of thai other than classic hello goodbye. the bathroom didnt have toilet paper for my nose it was fucked. they use this ass sprayer to clean after shitting in this fucking cutty arena.

are there women in your class? i want to take classes but i dont wanna make a fool out of myself.

There's a couple women in my class. One of the most beautiful women I've ever seen is in my class, but that's beside the point.

While learning the technique of a proper thai kick will most likely land you on your ass a couple times, within 2 weeks you should be able to keep your balance while throwing knees/kicks/etc. However, feeling foolish and getting help from more experienced people is a big part of any martial art, I feel.

My suggestion is to go to your nearest MT gym and test out a class or two for free- anywhere worth it should allow you to do so. See if you like it, since it's surely not for everyone.

Have fun with it and don't quit when you feel like you're going to puke.

Also, in downtown SF is the Fairtex MT gym. I'd imagine they're pricey, given the name and lineage of Fairtex fighters, but you'd be hard-pressed to find better instruction. I'd start at a cheaper school then once you're better, transition into the Fairtex gym if you can afford it. There's no point in paying $150/month (or more) in order to punch/kick a bag all day, like many do with beginners.

No no..., by saying that I prefer to hand out the love of Krishna I mean that I like to have sex with Indian and to a lesser extant, Sri Lankan, woman.

I was born on Krishna's birthday. Well, Gopal's birthday, which is Krishna when he was a confection and butter stealing kid.

im hopefully going to start taking mui thai classes this year.... but im going to skip the whole 'change into a man-girl' part. lol

last year while in bali, i randomly ran into my freind from hawaii while walking around kuta looking for spots to paint. he was on his way to thailand to train mui thai and enter a tournement while there.

the homie didnt know anyone there or where to go, he just picked up some books, saved his loot and went on the adventure. when i spoke to him back at home he said it was a success and a great time. he found a camp, trained with the locals and won a fight in an actual event.

so if you're lookin to learn how or want to imerse yourself in the culture...get the loot together, some free time and just venture up there.

id love to do something like that, but i got to much responsibilites here at home. ill just find a school down here, lol.