Talking to yourself

famecrazy

Am I going crazy or is it common practise? Seem's to be happening alot. Today when I was walking down the street I started thinking out loud, then when i realised it was happening i told myself to shut the fuck up. What's worse is when i turned around this young kid was starring at me like im some sort of nut-job.

Hey, maybe I am.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I always see black people rapping aloud to themselves. This one dude on the N train only knew the chorus to the joint and whenever a verse would pop on he would quietly mumble hum to himself, the would shout the chorus.

I also work with this dude who has some social problems and he talks to himself. Sometimes Ill catch him in random places in the store talking to himself. Then when I walk by, he backs into a corner and apologizes repeatedly for being in my way and that he is getting back to work, when in reality Im back there wasting time not working too.

keeping secrets --your brother isn't talking to himself, he's just playing with his toys. i think most of us did that. although, if your brother is over the age of 10, it might be something he needs to work on getting over. i found skateboarding, after that, gi joes were kind of boring. although i do remember creating elaborate stories with individual characters, and developments. then making forts, designating areas for water, mountains, woods, and what not. i would dig holes in the back yard, make latters with sticks and tape. then i'd drag these "stories" out over a week or more. i guess what i'm saying, is i got really into that shit as a kid. i didn't have video games and internets. nor did i have a vcr or cable at that time. i'm thankful for that shit, it helped develop my imagination.

famecrazy --"talking to yourself" is a broad thing to say. are you having full blown conversations with yourself? are you arguing with yourself? if you're just thinking out loud, and it's something like this --"ok, i need to get milk, cheese, corn pops, and some celery." that's not really anything to worry about. if you're saying things like this "dude, shut up, why the fuck would you say that.......yeah, i know, but i wouldn't...."

well you might have a condition. are you hearing voices? is your "talking" aimed at anyone? do you feel you are constantly being followed, stared at, or talked about? do you feel your conversations are with different people? even though you might not know they exist, do you find that some conversations are with someone who helps you when your angry, and another with someone who helps you when your sad? i guess what i'm saying is, if you feel that there are some how other people on the other end of your metaphysical phone, you might be a little crazy.

schizophrenia can be in different levels. a few more things to think about:

1. does your family have a history of mental illness?

2. do you ever feel you are a threat to yourself?

3. are your "conversations" on a regular basis, and does anyone close to you recognize it?

4. can you control yourself with this? in other words, can you stop yourself before you start to "think" out loud?

5. are you taking high amounts of drugs?

6. do you find this happening when you're sober?

if this only happens when you're really stoned --don't sweat it. i'll get high as a kite, start drawing, get sucked into, then bounce out and walk around my apartment alone just tweaking out, but in a good way. it's like a personal tension breaker.