Plz tell me what your screen names mean

rocinhajj

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up late one night, and a "greatest hits" album commercial came on and this was one of the songs:

"Mr. Bojangles" is a popular song written and initially recorded by Jerry Jeff Walker in 1968 and covered since by many other artists. The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band took the song to #9 on the Billboard pop chart in 1971.

It was about an obscure alcoholic but talented tap dancing drifter (not the famous stage and movie dancer Bill "Bojangles" Robinson, as sometimes assumed). Bojangles is thought to have been a folk character who entertained informally in the south of the US and California, and some say he might have been one of the most gifted natural dancers ever. His actual name is not recorded. Authentic reports of him exist from the 1920s through about 1965.

In fact, in his autobiography Gypsy Songman,[1] Jerry Jeff states "Bojangles wasn't so much a name as a category of itinerant street entertainer known back as far as the previous century."

According to the lyrics by Jerry Jeff Walker, he met Bojangles in a prison cell in New Orleans (the first precinct jail to be exact). The two began to converse about life. Bojangles began to dance as Walker admired his skill

But here's another great American Bojangles:

Bill "Bojangles" Robinson (May 25, 1878 – November 25, 1949) was a pioneer and pre-eminent African-American tap dance performer.

225px-Bill_Robinson.jpg

333px-Bojangles_%26_Shirley_Temple.jpg

And another:

Bojangles' Famous Chicken n' Biscuits is a regional chain of fast food restaurants based in Charlotte, North Carolina, specializing in spicy, "Cajun" fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits. The restaurants, named for the song written by Jerry Jeff Walker, are also known for their distinctive side dishes (called "fixins") including dirty rice, Cajun Pintos, thick-cut and Cajun seasoned french fries. Bojangles' also offers sausage gravy instead of the chicken gravy offered by most of its competitors. Sandwiches have also been added to the menu. The chain's chicken sandwiches come "Cajun" as well as Southern Fried, and breakfast biscuit sandwiches are served all day.

Founded in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1977 by Jack Fulk and Richard Thomas, Bojangles' grew rapidly to over 200 locations by 1984, only to see its growth rate slow into the 1990s. New management (former Wendy's executive Joe Drury joined the company as CEO in 2001) and an invigorated marketing campaign have seen the company grow in recent years to over 300 locations in 12 states, mostly in the American South (North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Maryland, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas,Virginia) and the Mid-Atlantic States of Pennsylvania, and New York. There are also international Bojangles' locations in Mexico and Honduras. Roughly two-thirds of Bojangles' stores are company-owned, while the remaining 100 are franchise locations.

the name i use on here, is a homage to my father. when i was a kid, my father was away for a little bit. so we started getting all this mail for some guy named Earl Broclo. My mother saved it, and when my father got back he said "oh this is for me." come to find out, it was because my father's penmanship was so bad, that they thought it said "Earl Broclo." So for the past 20 some odd years, my brother and I have called my dad "Earl." So i've taken on the name as my DJ name, and anything else i do, to pay homage to the guy.

this was from the third rail thread on the same topic.

my mainter name meant May Not Enter

Maint= May Not/-er - Enter

the whole name was MainterDigerati

The digerati are the elite of the computer industry and online communities. The word is a portmanteau, derived from "digital" and "literati", and reminiscent of the earlier coinage glitterati ([1], glitter + literati). Famous computer scientists, tech magazine writers and well-known bloggers are included among the digerati.

I hardly ever have the right things to say when relying on my own imperfect human knowledge.

Where everything I've said is completely wrong and just makes things worse.

But sometimes ill pull out every word and arranged language of sounds that completely uplift and benefit all who hear it. Then it becomes an irony. Though I know the words I've said weren't inspired of myself but rather my god, Jehovah.