PREGNANT RANKNESS TRANSGENDER

Alcoholica

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By James Macintyre

Thursday, 27 March 2008

A man who used to be a woman before having gender reassignment surgery claims he is five months pregnant and expecting a baby girl in July.

Thomas Beatie, who is married and from the US state of Oregon, has written an article in the gay magazine Advocate, saying it feels "incredible" to be a "pregnant man". He adds: "Despite the fact that my belly is growing with a new life inside me, I am stable and confident being the man that I am."

Born Tracy Lagondino, Mr Beatie kept his female organs when he changed genders. He turned to home insemination after what he says was discrimination from doctors. He says he is carrying a child on behalf of his wife, Nancy, because she has had a hysterectomy. The couple have been together for 10 years.

"Doctors have discriminated against us, turning us away due to their religious beliefs," Mr Beatie explained in the article.

"Healthcare professionals have refused to call me by a male pronoun or recognise Nancy as my wife. Receptionists have laughed at us. Friends and family have been unsupportive; most of Nancy's family doesn't even know I'm transgender," he added. "Sterilisation is not a requirement for sex reassignment, so I decided to have chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy but kept my reproductive rights," he said. "Wanting to have a biological child is neither a male nor female desire but a human desire."

The couple, who manage a custom screen-printing business in the town of Bend, lived a normal life "until we decided that I would carry our child," Mr Beatie wrote. A previous insemination ended in a life-threatening ectopic pregnancy with triplets, requiring surgery, resulting in the loss of all his embryos and his right fallopian tube.

"I will be my daughter's father, and Nancy will be her mother. We will be a family," Mr Beatie wrote. Advocate says it has confirmed with Mr Beatie's doctors that he is indeed pregnant.

oregon-man-pregnant.jpg

An Oregon man is pregnant according to The Advocate; they have said “we have verified the pregnancy with Mr. Beatie’s gynecologist”. The man (Mr. Beatie) is expecting a baby girl around July 3, 2008 and the catch is he used to be a woman but now is a transgender male. Legally Mr. Beatie has changed sex to a male, so that does mean this Oregon man is pregnant…how weird is that?

He married Nancy Beatie legally but because she cannot carry a baby, they decided Mr. Beatie would have the baby because when he changed sex the vagina was kept (the breasts were surgically removed).

He is a Transgender pregnant male, but what do you make of this and do you think keeping a vagina still classes you as a man?

Also see the story of Mr. Lee Mingwei who apparently is the first born male to give birth to a baby from his body

i dont know if you are calling me out for what you think is a lie or just on some super internet fad bandwagon level 3 type ish...

so i'm just not even going to bother.. but that would be great if this thread actually had a decent discussion about transgender life .. then again welcome to 12oz eh?

you sir tresixo need to take a good long nap and possibly reflect on what it is you need out of life...possibly a puppy...or a breathmint .. i dont know

I need a puppy that shits breathmints on a bed of sleepytime... that would be awesome

But seriously, I believe you, Im just relaying random images sent to me by unnamed sources

And I also need a nap. You want a serious discussion, tho? Thats words you need top take up with Crossfire, here you get nothing but "pee in her butt" all day, and nerds with glasses

rbv0150048.jpg

so i guess "his" wife identifies as a "hetero woman?"

i will never understand this shit.

i wish people could just keep it simple & stop at "gay."

the complexities of transdom be mine-bogglin.

Pretty much my take.

There is a male to female post op that comes to my work who is super nice and always has some really nice clothes on, yet the man hands always get me.