long trip ---- advice?

ubejinxed

the city hall is pretty nice. my girls uncle was secretary to the mayor. exclusive tours, what!

oh, the graveyards are something to see, too. if i had to compare it to something i'd say they're like the one in new orleans for style, but they have mansion sized mausoleums that individual families own and are taken care of by families that live in the graveyard

yeah. those are fucked. careful where you go in those. but worth seeing.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah pack light and get your visas in thailand or vietnam.

i was going to get a visa for vietnam from the consulate in japan and it would cost $80-100

i got it in thailand for $5

just make sure they have the embasssies of the countries you want to go to in thailand or vietnam first.

and seeks i agree with chiang mai but its just a bitch to get there

oh yeah pack light and get your visas in thailand or vietnam.

i was going to get a visa for vietnam from the consulate in japan and it would cost $80-100

i got it in thailand for $5

just make sure they have the embasssies of the countries you want to go to in thailand or vietnam first.

and seeks i agree with chiang mai but its just a bitch to get there

i'm going to try to make it to chiang mai.... somehow and down to the south..

and i'm getting my visa's before i leave. i live in DC so we have all of the embassies and consulates here. i figure get all the ones i need before i leave..

i'm going to need one for thailand, israel and turkey... figure why not get them now.

i'm going to bring two bags with me to asia and the other person i'm traveling with is going to take one home with him when he goes and i continue on with a small single bag after thailand. i'm a fashion loving girl so i have a high clothing requirement. or i can just shop in dubai..

those grave things sound interesting.

macau ? we're not in hong kong for very long but the person i'm traveling part of the trip is from portugal so i'm sure he would love to go over. on a hover craft?! hell yes.

pack light on the clothes. girls who bring their whole warddrobes piss me off. would it SERIOUSLY kill you to wear the same shorts or dress twice?

i really wanna go to thailand southeast asia, maybe vietnam. homies got a condo in thailand and they are going this summer but im caught up in some shit. im thinking about planning a two weeker, one in thailand one in nam, i want to smoke some buds in the mountains and look over the rice patties. i would probably go in winter/spring too, i cant handle that asian humidity.

can you rent those scooter things without a license? whats the average daily cost for a hotel? i read in maxim it should be like 30 a night with 1 dollar beers everywhere.

Eilat is awesome. Beautiful city, the beaches are nice, and to women are pretty. I spent most of my time hanging out on the boardwalk. If you have a chance go to Massada, Ein Gedi, and the Dead Sea, they are all right next to each other. Massada is amazing to climb in the early morning. Seeing the sunrise as I reached the top was a very amazing experience for me. The pools in the Ein Gedi oasis are lots of fun. And well the Dead Sea is just super fun/cool, just make sure you dont have any cuts, it burns like crazy.

Israel is a tiny country, you could easily get anywhere in less then 4hrs, except maybe the Chermon, that might take you 6-8 depending on how you go, but the skiing season maybe over by then.

If you have time The Old City of Jerusalem is a very spiritual place. I lived there for 2 years. If you can go, you wont regret it. Take the tunnel tour, the archeology in Jerusalem is neat.

Thats what I got for you, if you give me a sense of how long you are there for I will give you more locations to visit.

Eilat is awesome. Beautiful city, the beaches are nice, and to women are pretty. I spent most of my time hanging out on the boardwalk. If you have a chance go to Massada, Ein Gedi, and the Dead Sea, they are all right next to each other. Massada is amazing to climb in the early morning. Seeing the sunrise as I reached the top was a very amazing experience for me. The pools in the Ein Gedi oasis are lots of fun. And well the Dead Sea is just super fun/cool, just make sure you dont have any cuts, it burns like crazy.

Israel is a tiny country, you could easily get anywhere in less then 4hrs, except maybe the Chermon, that might take you 6-8 depending on how you go, but the skiing season maybe over by then.

If you have time The Old City of Jerusalem is a very spiritual place. I lived there for 2 years. If you can go, you wont regret it. Take the tunnel tour, the archeology in Jerusalem is neat.

Thats what I got for you, if you give me a sense of how long you are there for I will give you more locations to visit.

yeah i loved israel.. i was there for a month last summer.. saw masada, dead sea, sea of galilee, stayed in jerusalem, went to tel aviv, ein gedi.. and even over to Petra Jordan but never made it to eilat so i'm going back, i hear they have amazing diving...... and the men are hot.. another reason. :)

i backpacked europe this summer and this is the best advice i can give:

pack half of what you're planning

and take twice as much money

also, i hear morocco is nice

yeah i'd like to hit morocco, but that's planned for next year when i go to portugal..

but yeah i always seem to run short on money... but bring less??? usually i end up not bringing enough and kicking myself. i'm going to start off with more, and send some back when i determine what is traveling better. :)

Where are yall booking flights at? I looked at a few flights to Bangkok and would be leaving from an Int'l airport in the southern US and it's like 2 grand per person. I'm not sure if that's the normal rate but I just want to make sure.

i got mine from an around the world ticket sales place.... my ticket price was no joke... 2k sounds high though.. i would guess more like $1400 for one destination but maybe i'm wrong.

Try and time your stay in Thailand so you can check out a Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan. Insanely huge beach party. If you do go, though, make sure you get there a day or two before the actual party, or finding a place to stay will be tricky.

The Full Moon Party is on a beach called Haad Rin, but I suggest taking a boat (literally a 2 min boat ride) over to the next beach called Haad Yuan. It's WAY quieter during the party, and a good place to chill during the days when the main beach is over crowded. Big Blue Bungalows is usually a good bet. They have a restaurant that will sell you individual joints, as well as shroom shakes, which are always fun.

I wish I could spend my parents' money on traveling to said places (though I'm sure it's her money).

I'm simply jealous of the fact that she's going to Instanbul. It's so rich in history.

Please be sure to go to the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque for me.

edited because I figured she wasn't spending her parents' money anyway.

You must get mad ulcers and headaches and all sorts of nasty shit from being so bitter all the time. Nega props.

LMAO!!!

Are you fucking serious???

Because I know for a fact that there's better places for some rich kid to be spending their parents money on seeing rather than Dubai and other assorted 3rd world countries? :lol:

LMFAO!!!

Negaprops right back at you ya fag! :lol:

it's not my parents money... thank you..

i'm in grad school my parents haven't had anything to do with funding me for 8 years..

Well my bad then let me change that to there's alot beter places that you could be spending YOUR money on visiting.

Is there a reason why you'd rather go the 3rd world route that's over my head?

Not talking shit or nothng, just wondering where you're comming from.

Suck a dick you fucking homo.

sweet, good one.

its not like i'm singling you out. you completely stepped out of line and called someone out just because you felt like being a cocksucker.

did you really have to add your shitty two cents just because your little man syndrome acted up?

p.s. don't forget to reply and make yourself seem even more ignorant.

sweet, good one.

its not like i'm singling you out. you completely stepped out of line and called someone out just because you felt like being a cocksucker.

did you really have to add your shitty two cents just because your little man syndrome acted up?

p.s. don't forget to reply and make yourself seem even more ignorant.

Because I felt like sucking cocks?

I said that there's alot beter places to go rather than Dubai because that was my secret code for propositioning a cock to suck? For real? Is that what you thought?

I'll keep that in mind for future reference.

Cause the last thing in the world I want to do is to suck a cock.

Good looks on letting me know what's up though.

Does this only apply to telling someone that there's better places to visit than 3rd world countries -vs- other countries, or is there more fag slang that I don't know about that you might be qualified to hip me to?