Certifications (A+,MCSE,ETC)

GucciCondom

So who has any computer certifications and what do you make?

I have been looking into HelpDesk and Network Admin jobs around the PA/NJ/DE area and the market for these skills is high. I can make anywhere between 50 to 90k a year depending on where I get a job.

I'm trying to pick out which certifications I want to get, start brushing up on my skills and get them within the next month.

Right now I'm thinking A+ and a Microsoft Server will do me good.

LOL MONEY

MONEY LOL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

gucci: a+ net+ then start on the road to big certs.

you can make 80k - upwards of 200k a year if you specialize.

fuck being network jockey, man. that shit is the pits. go for something specialized.

certified ethical hacker, pen testing, etc. is gonna be big(ger) money soon.

people need security experts.

a+ is trash do not waste time no companies care about yer basic certs like a+ net+ they want you to have experience and thats ( what will make you stand out from alot f others is getting yer MCSA,MCSE Cisco certs)

im making 120k with my a+ net+ server+ mcse, mcsa, and working towards cisco ( which my job is paying for

a+ is trash do not waste time no companies care about yer basic certs like a+ net+ they want you to have experience and thats ( what will make you stand out from alot f others is getting yer MCSA,MCSE Cisco certs)

im making 120k with my a+ net+ mcse, mcsa, and working towards cisco ( which my job is paying for

for a beginner a+ and net+ are a must. otherwise, one wouldn't understand....

no, they are truly a waste noone cares if you got the a+ paper anymore because anyone with basic computer knowledge can pass them test in their sleep

when you go into an interview for a position you need experience! because 99.9% of the time they will take someone the hand-on experience over the paper because this job is more about dealing with people not technology

no, they are truly a waste noone cares if you got the a+ paper anymore because anyone with basic computer knowledge can pass them test in their sleep

that's not true. how many people do you know (non tech field) that know what pcmcia stands for?

and how many non techs do you know that understand irq functions?

that's not true. how many people do you know (non tech field) that know what pcmcia stands for?

and how many non techs do you know that understand irq functions?

in how many cases do you even need o know about these things?

all yer jobs want is for you to fix the problems not understand them

I've just been looking at jobs and the basic ones at 45k a year just ask for A+.

So it is definitely worth having because it is the only thing keeping me from the jobs.

A lady said she loved my resume and experience but to hit her up when I have my A+

I'm going to get Net+ and MCSA sometime soon with the A+

Then from there I guess I'll start heading into a certain direction.

I've just been sleeping on this shit and realized that if I want to get out of this 12 dollars an hour bullshit that I have to be able to prove what I know beforehand instead of just saying I know this shit.

Yeah i want to get my a+ cert too. I got this big ass book "A+ Certification for Dummies" but a lot of that shit is really hard to remember from just reading it. (voltages of motherboards, bus speed of pentium2 motherboards, etc) I'm thinking about taking the class because it might be better in a structured environment.

Yeah i want to get my a+ cert too. I got this big ass book "A+ Certification for Dummies" but a lot of that shit is really hard to remember from just reading it. (voltages of motherboards, bus speed of pentium2 motherboards, etc) I'm thinking about taking the class because it might be better in a structured environment.

find "test king"

My dad is a fucking systems NERD. All that certification crap. He has a masters in computers / IT / whatever, and is working on a useless PhD in the field too. He works for the IRS and he's not making more than 30 bucks an hour.

haha. gummint making him suffer.

usually they treat their people well.

• High school diploma

• College degree or some college coursework preferred

• Industry certifications such as Network+, Security+, CCNA, CEH, CSSA, and MCSA/MCSE highly preferred

• Project+ or similar certification required

• If candidate does not have MCSE or equivalent certification, must be able to get certification within six months of hire

65k salaried

this looks like the other 100s of posting i am seeing

i'm all over this shit

cha chinggggg

is it really just memorizing one of those 'for dummies' books that will get you enough info to get certified?

shit i might as well spend a year studying in my free time if that creates a back-up 45 g plan

damn. good lookin

the CompTIA A+ certification for dummies book is over 1000 pages long, not exactly a walk in the park.