Opinion on best city to bench freights....

desism_ktc

I live in Houston and its huge but i sit down by washingtn ave. waiting for west bounds to move out the englewood yard heading to san antonio. But that spot sucks balls. its better in the afternoon but is there some certain spot i should know about. Rolling Nowhere would maybe know. I want to see trains every 15-30 min. I like Howell WYE in Atlanta. big railfan area and they got an actual bench you can sip 40s and chill its tight. I never down it but the Bailey yard would be sweet as fuck to bench. Maybe ill do that this summer.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'll got nothing on Dirty Deschler Ohio......Make the trip..... Camping and beer allowed AT THE BENCH SPOT!!!!!!!! top that.... C&o and the B&O intersect with another csx crossing down a little further..Bother have CREEPER STYLE speed restrictions...Make the trip...

Might be setting up sum kind of event there this summer...I'll keep posting the info.....

Make the drive even if it takes you a few hours...we drive 3 hours just to get to the joint...

• 3 weeks later...
freight hound is moving to houston .. sweet. Its a shit hole of a city but i love it. Our city seal is a train.. its on all the dumpsters. Its an old school team engine. and yeah there plenty yards here.

what he said.

without actually counting id say there are at least 10 good sized yards in the houston area.

,maybe more. i dont know.

now i want to make a list.

there are all kinds of little things everywhere as well.

trains all day everyday.

I live in Houston and its huge but i sit down by washingtn ave. waiting for west bounds to move out the englewood yard heading to san antonio. But that spot sucks balls. its better in the afternoon but is there some certain spot i should know about. Rolling Nowhere would maybe know. I want to see trains every 15-30 min. I like Howell WYE in Atlanta. big railfan area and they got an actual bench you can sip 40s and chill its tight. I never down it but the Bailey yard would be sweet as fuck to bench. Maybe ill do that this summer.

washington is bunk. that shit will be dead for hours and hours.

i know a spot. ill let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

bethlehem penn has some pretty chill yards,dallas has some cool spots,jacksonville and tyler texas if your willing to go to the ghetto has some pretty dope spots to bomb in i hear. and in and around kansas city.kc has mad freights like chicago but is alot easier to access.ive never been benching in chicago but i heard that alot of the yards our locked up tight.atleast from what i remember.wichita ks has some nice lay ups..thats with most of kansas.you can go to anywhere in kansas and find mad freights and no hassle from the workers or rr cops at all.your able to walk right into most of them with no problem.midwest has the best yards in my opinion.i lived in a town of 30k in KS and had atleast 10 trains go by my house every day and alot mad frequent stops.

the yard in tyler that has the best spot is from what i heard one of the worst parts of the city.your getting robbed with a quickness.i mean its texas for christs sake.everyone has a gun..its not la or anything but theres alot of robberies and carjackings up there.

also north carolina has some crazy good spots.i stayed out there by fayetteville for a while and had trains goin through daily.nice spot to crush some tankers down there...

Texas is great, Houston and DFW for sure. Also, some of the best lines I ever caught were in places like Lubbock or the little towns of Hearne.

hearne is pretty busy for sure.

valley junction more so. all those subdivisions end/start in that area. always some trains. ive ridden through there 1000000 times. blah blah blahhhhh

texas is the shit

I STAND BY MY STATEMENT.[/color][/font]

just depends on where you live and what options you have. also what you know. maybe you see some trains in the ghetto and thats the only spot you know so thats where you go. personally id rather be in a spot where i dont have to worry about motherfuckers shooting at me. thats no fun at all. although in most cities the big busy yards are in the ghetto. but i hate painting at yards too. haha. of all the trainis ive painted probably 105 was done in a yard. because i know where to go.

PAINT PAINT PAINT BENCH BENCH BENCH

• Like 1

painting in yards is pretty sketchy.id rather catch them laid up somewhere.but im in the midwest so those kinda spots are easy to find haha.

i agree with rolling. if i had a choice between having to duck gang members to paint a yard as opposed to going to a place that i can walk to without worrying about watching every car that passes by then id take that.unfortunately all the good yards are in the hooood.so yeah.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...