Opinion on best city to bench freights....

desism_ktc

It's getting to be that time again when I take some trips to some new cities and meet some new writers etc and bench. Last year I visited a few cities but of all those I hit - the windy city seemed to be the best for variety of lines, cars, writers for me to bench during the daylight hours... I have thought about heading out West to the big UP Bailey Yard or somewhere in the Southwest but was wondering what everyone thought about what city they considered the best to "bench" for flicks??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chicago seems like it would be great.

i got word of cheyenne wyoming being a hot spot

and ive seen a thread on here about the mainline in and out of florida that is jam packed with lines coming anywhere between 2 and 10 minutes apart, not bad, not bad.... anyone know what thread that was?

chicago seems like it would be great.

i got word of cheyenne wyoming being a hot spot

and ive seen a thread on here about the mainline in and out of florida that is jam packed with lines coming anywhere between 2 and 10 minutes apart, not bad, not bad.... anyone know what thread that was?

i would guess j-ville, looking forward to this summer... :)

thanks for the info...

selkirk would be dope... ft worth/dallas is pretty busy. houston too..texas is good period

bailey would be nuts. so many trains going through there...

i ve never been to chicago but i bet its at the top of the list for benching variety because every company has a yard(or a few) there and number of trains coming through...kc mo is definitely good.

i was just in new orleans and it was pretty busy

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...