Extinctions of the Gingers

IrishCarBombs

Gingers extinct in 100 years, say scientists

August 23, 2007 02:00am

Article from: h14_thecouriermail.gif</IMG>

<!-- END Story Header Block -->Font size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

REDHEADS are becoming rarer and could be extinct in 100 years, according to genetic scientists.

The current National Geographic magazine reports that less than two per cent of the world's population has natural red hair, created by a mutation in northern Europe thousands of years ago.

Global intermingling, which broadens the availability of possible partners, has reduced the chances of redheads meeting and producing little redheads of their own.

It takes only one red-haired parent to produce ginger-headed babies, but two redheads obviously create a much stronger possibility.

If the gingers really want to save themselves they should move to Scotland.

An estimated 40 per cent of Scots carry the red gene and 13 per cent actually have red hair.

Some experts say that redheads could be gone as early as 2060, but others say the gene can be dormant for generations before returning.

National Geographic says the gene at first had the beneficial effect of increasing the body's ability to make vitamin D from sunlight.

However, today's carriers are more prone to skin cancer and have a higher sensitivity to heat and cold-related pain.

The Daily Mail, in The Courier-Mail

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Extinction

A popular myth is that red hair is likely to die out among the population in the near future.[21] This is untrue and stems from questionable research and publicity by a hair products company.[22] The National Geographic article that started the rumor in fact states that "while redheads may decline, the potential for red isn't going away".[23]

Red hair is caused by a recessive gene that can skip generations before reappearing, and it is also relatively rare. But it is not likely to disappear any time in the foreseeable future.[22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

Children of a Redhead parent, could be a carrier for the recessive gene of redhead even though the dominate genes are expressed. Essentially, a couple who are carriers for the gene but do not express it could produce a child that will express this recessive gene of redhead.

basicpunnetsquare.JPG

http://www.gnxp.com/MT2/archives/001371.html

Just when I thought we were winning the war omnicent had to drop that barrel of bad news. I didn't know that my total hatred for the day walkers was known publicly...

Haha fuck you fag.

Now im going to have to make it my personal mission to carry on the gene! ONLY SECKS WITH THE GINGER LADIES FROM NOW ON. MAKE TEH BABE-UHS.

]

I was wondering how long it was gonna take you to learn that secksing ginger dudes wasn't going to get you anywhere...

Just when I thought we were winning the war omnicent had to drop that barrel of bad news. I didn't know that my total hatred for the day walkers was known publicly...

]

I was wondering how long it was gonna take you to learn that secksing ginger dudes wasn't going to get you anywhere...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh my god this shit had me fallin over!! :lol:

this is dumb. come one people. think. its easy.

i'm a redhead--skipped a couple generations--my great great grandfather was the last redhead in my family line. my nephew is a red head (his mother is chinese) so thats another generation for him... shits not going away..

GINGER.

cold-related pain? are you kidding? my old man has the ginger curse, as do two of my brothers, and those fuckers are practically cold blooded.

Gingers also have thicker hair, unless youre my cousin who's 19, ginger, and bald.

Studies have also shown that ginger women have a higher pain tollerance, especially during child birth.

i was watching sex in the city the other day and i saw the red-headed character's red-headed baby son, and it dawned on me that i have a total aversion to the idea of procreating with a red head, i just really would hate it if my kid was a ranga.

sleeping with a hot red head is on my to-do list though.

Extinction

A popular myth is that red hair is likely to die out among the population in the near future.[21] This is untrue and stems from questionable research and publicity by a hair products company.[22] The National Geographic article that started the rumor in fact states that "while redheads may decline, the potential for red isn't going away".[23]

Red hair is caused by a recessive gene that can skip generations before reappearing, and it is also relatively rare. But it is not likely to disappear any time in the foreseeable future.[22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

Children of a Redhead parent, could be a carrier for the recessive gene of redhead even though the dominate genes are expressed. Essentially, a couple who are carriers for the gene but do not express it could produce a child that will express this recessive gene of redhead.

basicpunnetsquare.JPG

http://www.gnxp.com/MT2/archives/001371.html

damn i hated genetics....fuckin homozygous recessive