YANKS... U and your freights

stapler

I respect dude for havin an opinion but damn

do you really have to make a thread about it? Its

like me making a thread wondering why chix in Europe stink like my asshole

and have hairy underarms like my asshole.

Point is, we are 8 billions miles away so why give a fuck.

So what,you ran thru a swap,assassinated 3 ninjas, killed

54 lions and 3 anaconda to paint a passenger car.

Wow, youre cool. Ill sucka ya dick when I get there.

And if i doan see shit killed when I get there Ill

stick a montana can up your ass cause Ill be pissed!!!!:mad:

Everyone is out to paint, be seen

and to be 'rebel' (iGuess) against the system.

Its all good cause its all hated by the "norm"...

thats funny

well after a night out ducking for cover for paramilitary security in men in black choppers, being xrayed with out knowing entering the yard AND waking up after piecing with an anal probe up my butt (just ask for DNA goddamn why so rough??) i needed some amusement, thanx.

serious besides being hunted down as a dog with rabies in this topic i got some insight from some people that could actualy strike a proper conversation via PM. i understand you people a bit more now. hell i would do em if there was no alternative available. ...

but they still look like garbage cans to me ;-)

1st:all my respect goes out to the true inventors and innovators from NY from the 1st & 2nd generation.

2nd: all your real writers here black, white, brown, yellow or purple painting freights walls dogs and cows with the right attitude: rock on.

for all hillbillies here that picked up graffiti simultaneously with beeing mc hammer fans that think they are gods gift to the graffiti world i have one little message for you: stick one of my $7 euro designer paint up your bigheaded arse and go eat your inbreed sister as you always do on saturday night.

i am out of here: gonna buy some paint because i am rich enough not to rack :p

"freights; so easy euros cant be bothered but americans love em"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Texas Madman
thats funny, well after a night out ducking for cover for paramilitary security in men in black choppers, being xrayed with out knowing entering the yard AND waking up after piecing with an anal probe up my butt (just ask for DNA goddamn why so rough??)

Kinda' X-Files related Dude!

hell i would do em if there was no alternative available. ...but they still look like garbage cans to me ;-)

Very true, and many of them ride like Garbage Cans, [or as some Brits call them DUST BINS, or the other U.S. version Dumpsters, often they smell like them too!] be that as it may 95% of the U.S. Railroad Freight Cars will be rolling the rails from the U.S. to Canada, to Mexico for the next 15 years without being either scrubbed clean, sand blasted and repainted, or scrapped, meaning the art work will be an continuous moving display covering several hundred thousand miles in a 15 year time span.

You may quote to me that this would also happen on Euro Passenger Rail, or Metro Transit in your country, but I'm confident that Interpol and Scotland Yard would view this idea as someone who has their brains up their ass!

Guest The Texas Madman

Big thing for me is to watch the URBAN-ART Display as I ride cross country on what you refer to as "Rolling Garbage Cans", the art work is A LOT BETTER than viewing Gang Graffitti, but like one person said earlier in this thread you're redesigning something that was done by Hobos or Tramps from the late 1800's to early 1900's!

For an example of this go to North Bank Fred's website and look at the tags he's collected on his section page!

Kinda' X-Files related Dude!

ha! i went to bed early after sitting in front of my mac all fucking week & it was raining

Very true, and many of them ride like Garbage Cans, [or as some Brits call them DUST BINS, or the other U.S. version Dumpsters, often they smell like them too!] be that as it may 95% of the U.S. Railroad Freight Cars will be rolling the rails from the U.S. to Canada, to Mexico for the next 15 years without being either scrubbed clean, sand blasted and repainted, or scrapped, meaning the art work will be an continuous moving display covering several hundred thousand miles in a 15 year time span.

You may quote to me that this would also happen on Euro Passenger Rail, or Metro Transit in your country, but I'm confident that Interpol and Scotland Yard would view this idea as someone who has their brains up their ass!

that part i understand. besides some sweet spots like rome's subway, some eastern european countries most of the stuff is buffed quickly and thats pretty dissapointing so yes having your shit run for years counts for something i dont blame you. you have 1 week/2 weeks if you are lucky 4 but that s about it most stuff even vanishes without being see.

Guest The Texas Madman
you have 1 week/2 weeks if you are lucky 4 but that s about it most stuff even vanishes without being see.

Once again this all depends on where you are, plus what single RR Line, or multiple RR Lines to Tag!

Guest The Texas Madman
"being seen" for all you college professors that hammer on my grammar :P

Maybe there are College Professors [or acting like it] on this board, probably 1 or 2 "Miss Manners" types too. But I'm doing this at age 52 on an 8th grade education!:D :scrambled: :D :scrambled:

[quote

Keep your subways, theyre about as played out as our freights are. I'd rather walk up on a STAK or a PRE from 94 in a freight yard than 98% of the garbage that gets done on your continent today.

wow thanks for the compliment lol ... i think ...

freights are for us what cleans are for you my friend. trust me the transit system got hurt alot last year where i'm from, personally on 6 attemps on cleans, I have only one completed. do I want to get bust, the answer is no. do I paint alot, the answer is yes. and let me tell you that freights are not always easy. and you know what, I dont even take a picture of most of my shits because i'm sure someone else is gonna take one months or years after, so keep masturbating on your cleans pictures archive.

The same feeling you get from seeing your piece roll into the station is the same feeling I get seeing my piece on a freight car get caught on the other side of the country, knowing people have seen it all along its journey, and will continue to see it for years.

Also, there arent extensive metro systems in the States. But there are vast amounts of freight lines and millions of freight cars.

This argument is apples and oranges. Both are good in their own right but are two different things.

I came late, and I've hashed it all out before, but I'll give one new angle that's just mine...

My feeling is that NYC subways were the shit. When they ran.

I personally don't care nearly as much about FLICKS as most writers. I do a little. But I would WAY rather have a fleet of freights RUNNING for all to see than a picture book of passenger train panels that don't exist anymore, and existed at most for a couple days. It's like the difference between having living children and having photos of children that were stillborn.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy benching, OR piece longevity, OR large distances traveled, OR going all-continent without leaving your area - but we're back to "to each his own", because those are the things that get me amped to paint trains.

Guest The Texas Madman
there arent extensive metro systems in the States.

So very true, with an interlinked commuter system that runs from south of Maine to around North Carolina, and the main section being AM-TRASH it leaves very little cars to tag without getting arrested by RR Police [btw AM-TRASH Police are the same thing as U.S. Marshals.

And on the west coast there's ONLY Cal-Trans to try to tag - Long Beach to San Francisco, but with over 3 million miles of Freight Railroads, and 3-4 hundred million Freight Cars the masterpieces will be rolling for several years giving the artist more publicity than someone taking a picture and posting it on an internet site, only to have the original washed or sand-blasted off within a month!

because its completely irrelevant.

there is no surface graffiti is "supposed" to be on. its one of the dumbest ideas ive ever heard.

your opinion. you are allowed to have one.

so do i.

you people made your point. and after wading through hundreds even thousands of flicks of freights. explain me something else.....

WHY do most look like 8 minute back jumps and dont show the time you obviously have to put in the piece?

Quality issues now...

Couple of reasons why most freights look like quickies:

1) There are about 1,700,000 freight cars in circulation in the system. At some point in your career, usually the beginning, you realize you have to do a shitload to get noticed at all. So you bang out many quick ones in a night instead of one burner. Some heads have chosen to do quality every time, but have no numbers, and later got frustrated that their few cars seemed to have dropped off the earth.

2) Chill, easy freight spots are outnumbered by hotter, harder spots. But freights are addictive. If there's nothing at your chill spot, you may have to settle for some quickies at a hotter spot to get your fix. If you try to do a burner at a hotter spot, well - you know how that can go. Waste a few cans of fill, have to run, never see that train again to finish it.

3) The northern half of the US and all of Canada have gnarly ass winters - snow, subzero cold, wind, sleet, and other forms of misery. But as I said freights are addictive, and dedicated heads don't want to stay off the steel for 4 or 5 months till the weather improves. So we go out in those conditions just to get up, something, anything. Quality suffers. As for those from the south and SW US and Mexico, they don't have that excuse, I'll let them defend themselves.

After eight serious years of doing freights (I don't count anything before 2000, it was all wack) my fleet looks like this: ten wholecars, 75 end to ends, 200 nice panels, 500 OK panels, 800 quickies, and then a bunch of fills, hollows and tags I don't count, for about 1,650 freights. Which is less than one tenth of one percent of the railcars out there. That should underscore the need for numbers.

Finally there's the typical mission profile: you arrive at the spot with X amount of paint. It's chill. You do one or two nice ones. Then you're out of colors A and B but it's still chill and there's more trains available so you cobble together some simple stamps with whatever color scheme is left. Then you're down to scraps, just doing fills and tags till you're out of paint. Final tally 1-2 burners, 3-5 quickies. If that's an average night, then your quickies are always going to far outnumber your burners.

• Like 1

Quality issues now...

Couple of reasons why most freights look like quickies:

1) There are about 1,700,000 freight cars in circulation in the system. At some point in your career, usually the beginning, you realize you have to do a shitload to get noticed at all. So you bang out many quick ones in a night instead of one burner. Some heads have chosen to do quality every time, but have no numbers, and later got frustrated that their few cars seemed to have dropped off the earth.

2) Chill, easy freight spots are outnumbered by hotter, harder spots. But freights are addictive. If there's nothing at your chill spot, you may have to settle for some quickies at a hotter spot to get your fix. If you try to do a burner at a hotter spot, well - you know how that can go. Waste a few cans of fill, have to run, never see that train again to finish it.

3) The northern half of the US and all of Canada have gnarly ass winters - snow, subzero cold, wind, sleet, and other forms of misery. But as I said freights are addictive, and dedicated heads don't want to stay off the steel for 4 or 5 months till the weather improves. So we go out in those conditions just to get up, something, anything. Quality suffers. As for those from the south and SW US and Mexico, they don't have that excuse, I'll let them defend themselves.

After eight serious years of doing freights (I don't count anything before 2000, it was all wack) my fleet looks like this: ten wholecars, 75 end to ends, 200 nice panels, 500 OK panels, 800 quickies, and then a bunch of fills, hollows and tags I don't count, for about 1,650 freights. Which is less than one tenth of one percent of the railcars out there. That should underscore the need for numbers.

Finally there's the typical mission profile: you arrive at the spot with X amount of paint. It's chill. You do one or two nice ones. Then you're out of colors A and B but it's still chill and there's more trains available so you cobble together some simple stamps with whatever color scheme is left. Then you're down to scraps, just doing fills and tags till you're out of paint. Final tally 1-2 burners, 3-5 quickies. If that's an average night, then your quickies are always going to far outnumber your burners.

f•ck me. great reply.

f•ck me. great reply.

CRACK good answer. i think your numbers that you gave are on a lower estimate ( saying that i thought you had more out there). its still good to see that my numbers are still ahead, but you got me on the wholecars and e2e's. anyways the weather is better down here but the law enforcement (on freights) at least in my part of the country is alot heavier. so you can say that it kind of evens out.

aw, fuck it....i'll keep it open. bitch and moan all you want....

modgod the bitchin was on page one. i actually got educated a bit more and i might even adjust my opinion. although i could choose between freights and subs tonite...well i picked the obvious one for me.....

but i am getting WAY to old for this little adventures.....

cities with subway systems

most of these cities only run on one line. north to south. or east to west etc. the yard if you can even call it that. are relatively small, holding mostly 5 lines tops.

people who paint these subways do not wish to share with other people their flicks because it is a underground scene, reason being. if toys find out these things are being painted often they will blow up what little scene there already is.

americas.gif

light rail systems also get hit but again the number of cars in a yard are small.

Baltimore, MD MTA (Maryland Transit Administration)

Boston, MA MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority)

Buffalo, NY Metro (Niagara Frontier Transit Metro System)

Charlotte, NC CATS (Charlotte Area Transit System)

Cleveland, OH RTA (Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority)

Dallas, TX DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit Authority)

Denver, CO RTD (Regional Transportation District)

Houston, TX Metro (Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County)

Los Angeles, CA MTA (Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority)

Minneapolis, MN Metro Transit (MT)

Newark, NJ NJT and NJT River LINE (New Jersey Transit Corporation)

Philadelphia, PA SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority)

Pittsburgh, PA PAAC (Port Authority of Allegheny County)

Portland, OR Portland Streetcar (PS)

TriMet (Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District of Oregon)

Sacramento, CA SRTD (Sacramento Regional Transit District)

Saint Louis, MO Metro (Bi-State Development Agency)

Salt Lake City, UT UTA (Utah Transit Authority)

San Diego, CA SDT (San Diego Trolley)

San Francisco, CA Muni (San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency, San Francisco Municipal Railway)

San Jose, CA VTA (Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority)

Tacoma, WA Sound Transit (Central Puget Sound Regional Transit Authority)

high speed rail

corridor.jpg

commuter rail lines

1 MTA Long Island Rail Road New York 359,400 Fourth quarter of 2007 700[2]

2 Metra Chicago 311,700 Fourth quarter of 2007 495[3]

3 MTA Metro-North Railroad New York 289,400 Fourth quarter of 2007 384[4]

4 New Jersey Transit New York 276,000[5] Fiscal year 2007 951[6]

5 MBTA Commuter Rail Boston 143,700 Fourth quarter of 2007

6 SEPTA Regional Rail Philadelphia 128,600 Fourth quarter of 2007

7 Metrolink (Southern California) Los Angeles 40,400 Fourth quarter of 2007 512[7]

8 Caltrain San Francisco and San Jose 35,100 Fourth quarter of 2007 77[8]

9 MARC Baltimore and Washington 30,100 Fourth quarter of 2007

10 Virginia Railway Express Washington DC 14,200 Fourth quarter of 2007

11 NICTD South Shore Line Chicago 13,600 Fourth quarter of 2007

12 SFRTA Tri-Rail Miami 12,600 Fourth quarter of 2007 72[9]

13 Trinity Railway Express Dallas and Fort Worth 9,100 Fourth quarter of 2007 34

14 Sounder Commuter Rail Seattle 8,800 Fourth quarter of 2007 80

15 NCTD Coaster San Diego 5,300 Fourth quarter of 2007 41.1

16 Altamont Commuter Express San Jose 3,100 Fourth quarter of 2007 86

17 Shore Line East New Haven 1,900 Fourth quarter of 2007

18 New Mexico Rail Runner Express Albuquerque 1,600 Fourth quarter of 2007 45 (est.)

19 Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Harrisburg 1,400 Fourth quarter of 2007

20 Music City Star Nashville 600 Fourth quarter of 2007 32

21 UTA Frontrunner Salt Lake City Service to begin April 2008 N/A 44

remeber who our president is. remember what type of country this is, i am not saying your laws arent strict, but people WILL do hard time for paintg these things under a so called "terrorist threat" another reason as to why flicks are not highly publicised.

this is the rail roads of the US

rr_cont2004.gif

where i live, there are security guards there are pigs with copters, there are stray dogs, crazy homeless people. but just as there is that, there are also chill areas to paint these "garbage carrying hunks of metal" and if caught each frieght is a felony offense. i dont know if you know what that means but its a minimum 5 yrs sentence if the judge decides to actually give that sentence to you. they also like to use tewrms like "tampering with the economy of the united states, or tampering with the movement of goods."

now if anyone feels like ive posted way too much info please feel free to deleted the links and maps.

just doing this so this guy could see a bigger picture.

i also in no way say this is better than that or that is better than this.

CRACK good answer. i think your numbers that you gave are on a lower estimate ( saying that i thought you had more out there). its still good to see that my numbers are still ahead, but you got me on the wholecars and e2e's. anyways the weather is better down here but the law enforcement (on freights) at least in my part of the country is alot heavier. so you can say that it kind of evens out.

Since early on I tried to pick up whatever knowledge of the system I could, and that led to shrewd choices of which cars to hit for maximum play. So I've made my fleet look bigger by choosing trains that work it harder. Nowadays I'll hit anything, local or distant, common or rare, but those years that I focused on non-locals paid off as far as getting my name out there.