YANKS... U and your freights

stapler

USA the country that gave birth to graffiti but descended down to a scene that paints (mostly crappy) pieces on rolling garbage cans....

With thousands and thousands of passengertrains available all over the country, several subway systems waiting to get properly bombed and you guys focus on freights?

Taking the piss at euros and their designer paints....

If you look deep down dont you agree you people just lost the plot??

Why all this above??

I think if you are a REAL writer at heart you should be fucking ashamed hitting those rolling pieces of shite.

graffiti is about getting up and getting know on rolling stock that transports people not rolling stock that transports crates of rice....

yes i am euro and yes there are places in europe that are so chill to hit you can bring 20 friends and a BBQ but the majority of the systems that are hit, being local trains, national trains or subway systems are guarded, heavily guarded and still EVERY day phatt e2e's are done, WC's are done, and plain panels... i dont even mention those.

How many of your crew mates can say they hit over 15 different subway systems? How many of your friends travel EVERY year to various countries to do what they have to do? How many of your friends have done hundreds even thousands of PROPER FC pieces on trains...

When was the last time you saw a guard sitting in a tree overlooking a yard spotting for paint fumes? when was the last time dogs were set loose on you? when was the last time you were shot at while painting?

Dont gimme this BS about "beanching freights" so get you fucking act together and put your money where your mouth is because the days of US hegemony on graffiti are long gone

and beforehand: dont reply with fucking euro toy this or that because i started painting before most of you were even born :-)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not this same shit again. here we go. I have been to europe and hit cleans with a fellow euro crewmate. I have also lived in the states for the most of my life and DONT give a shit about cleans. A bunch of my crew members have hit more cleans on the mainland and abroad then most euros have period. Freights run for years through every city in the US Canada and a good part of Mexico with out that much buff. As i said before i have been to Europe a few times and a respect the movement ( i can not believe i used that word) and the scene. Then for you to come on here and talk about something (the northamerican freightscene) which your ignorant statement says you know nothing about makes you look like a fool. Also i bet that you werent painting before me and most of my crew so put your money where your mouth is. Oh is guess that is hard to do behind the computer screen!

USA the country that gave birth to graffiti but descended down to a scene that paints (mostly crappy) pieces on rolling garbage cans....

With thousands and thousands of passengertrains available all over the country, several subway systems waiting to get properly bombed and you guys focus on freights?

Taking the piss at euros and their designer paints....

If you look deep down dont you agree you people just lost the plot??

Why all this above??

I think if you are a REAL writer at heart you should be fucking ashamed hitting those rolling pieces of shite.

graffiti is about getting up and getting know on rolling stock that transports people not rolling stock that transports crates of rice....

yes i am euro and yes there are places in europe that are so chill to hit you can bring 20 friends and a BBQ but the majority of the systems that are hit, being local trains, national trains or subway systems are guarded, heavily guarded and still EVERY day phatt e2e's are done, WC's are done, and plain panels... i dont even mention those.

How many of your crew mates can say they hit over 15 different subway systems? How many of your friends travel EVERY year to various countries to do what they have to do? How many of your friends have done hundreds even thousands of PROPER FC pieces on trains...

When was the last time you saw a guard sitting in a tree overlooking a yard spotting for paint fumes? when was the last time dogs were set loose on you? when was the last time you were shot at while painting?

Dont gimme this BS about "beanching freights" so get you fucking act together and put your money where your mouth is because the days of US hegemony on graffiti are long gone

and beforehand: dont reply with fucking euro toy this or that because i started painting before most of you were even born :-)

we created this plot and we are expanding it to a new medium

Not this same shit again. here we go. I have been to europe and hit cleans with a fellow euro crewmate. I have also lived in the states for the most of my life and DONT give a shit about cleans. A bunch of my crew members have hit more cleans on the mainland and abroad then most euros have period. Freights run for years through every city in the US Canada and a good part of Mexico with out that much buff. As i said before i have been to Europe a few times and a respect the movement ( i can not believe i used that word) and the scene. Then for you to come on here and talk about something (the northamerican freightscene) which your ignorant statement says you know nothing about makes you look like a fool. Also i bet that you werent painting before me and most of my crew so put your money where your mouth is. Oh is guess that is hard to do behind the computer screen!

werd

freights forever

You are probably really into 2PAC, and do throwups that look like REMIO tried a new word out. You dont paint your city you only paint cleans, when people visit your city they do not see you up. Your peices look like 70's new york styles commonly misconceived as "euro style" and you claim to be a real writer but your name is as temporary as the surface you put it on.

America made the game, and dont be mistaken for one second cleans are getting rocked in every city that has a system, we just dont post them as they are being done like cough cough europeans. Yeah we suck but we still have the most prized possession in your little world an MTA Subway car that countless numbers of Europeans have failed to get in their big adventure to America because of a cocky attitude and a well equipped vandal squad.

Keep your subways, theyre about as played out as our freights are. I'd rather walk up on a STAK or a PRE from 94 in a freight yard than 98% of the garbage that gets done on your continent today.

hahahaha did you have to create a new account for this reply??

standard reply dude. enlight me, explain it to me WHY you are focussing on freights and dont gimme that BS on cleans and not being seen on the net because there are millions of people out there with cameras so why is it so hard to find/see stuff in mags and on the net on regular sites like flickr. maybe because there isnt so much done on cleans in the USA as you, newbie, state??

You dont know shit about me you dont know where im from so cut the crap and gimme proper answers if you are willing.

And those MTA cars.... well i guess i hang with the wrong people than because most of them do them every year. do empire state building, do statue of liberty do a sub kinda like that.

but thanks for the reply

the aging euro TUPAC fan :P

"You dont know shit about me you dont know where im from"

well, you dont know shit about us so quit fronting. take your 7$ cans and stick em in your ass. im sure they would fit too you fuckin fagot. people paint clean trains in the us, but it doesnt fuckin matter because we have something better. and who cares what the trains are hauling. they travel all over north america. do your 15 different subway systems travel that far? do your pieces run for 15 years? do average joes getting on and off the transit give a shit about your ugly graffiti? the answer is no asshole.

great comment. can you gimme something without foul language?

"we have something better" hahahahahah give me a break.

nice disscussionboard.

i havent received one proper reply that gives me a PROPER explanation.

but thats fine you are just plain old prejudgemental.

I might be born in europe but i also might be lives in the states for a while... so who are you to judge me based on some letters on a screen???

you sound like a parody of a typical self righteous moralistic german asshole. it's always so funny to see some germanic europeans taking america popular/youth/street culture so deadly serious, like they take every thing else. you need to lighten up and be more like the latin people. spanish and french writers are savage as fuck when it comes to hitting steel, but they don't feel the need to come on the internet and criticize people on another continent for not pulling their weight.

it's been explained why US writers do freights a million times, so you aren't really asking a question, but just trying to stir up shit. i'll play along with you though:

-most US cities have no passengers trains at all or like a single trolley line. only 5 or 6 US cities have a real subway system. only 5 or 6 have real commuter systems too.

-most americans never ride on trains, unlike europeans

-freight pieces travel all across north american and run for years

-freight trains have an important symbolic place in american culture that europe does not have.

-more american trains get hit than you think. chicago has an ill scene, its not easy to paint there at all but writers get over almost every night. some of the other systems on the east coast get hit a lot too, but the writers who do it mostly don't show their pictures. also, there have definately been a lot more hits this decade than in the 90's, the clean train scene has been increasing every year here for at least 5 years now. your also wrong to assume that we don't have yards and lay ups with very heavy security that don't still get hit.

i hope this thread doesn't get closed because i want to read more of stapler's poor attempts to write in english.

i know you never "be lives in the states" for more than a week or two or you would have learned to speak better english.

hahahaha touche.

i make typo's. it is not my native language but i think i make myself pretty understandable.

Sure i like to stir things up and seeing the reactions i still think i touched a sweet spot.

i understand SOME of your reasons but what i just dont understand is the dedication and the fact that you people rate painting freights simular to that of cleans.

i could have used a simple "why"? but i have done that a few times over the years and 9 out of 10 i got a BS answer.

dont patronize me with your "a parody of a typical self righteous moralistic german asshole".

taking everything 2 seriously. gimme a break we are on a forum DEDICATED to this "hobby"...

its just the "online" attitude of american writers in general. if the sun shines outof your asshole... well it doesnt.

next please.

stapler you're a twit!

to each his own

who cares?

I think this attitude might be a reflection of some one who has painted no trains at all.

show flicks of something new then bitch about the scene

people in europe paint trains so do people inthe usa, australia japan, africa whoopy doo!

I'm from the UK and don't paint trains but do love the idea of painting freights and having them roll for years. I regularly catch passenger trains and am yet to have a train pull into the station with any graf on it whatsoever, maybe you can see where it has been buffed but it just doesn't run. I think painting freights is better as the pieces last you can catch some history

People in the know, know, that in the past 5 years there has been a huge push of clean train piecing. You don't see the flicks because:

1. You don't deserve to

2. We have something called Vandal Squads here, that database and track writers

3. Most times they don't run, though people have gotten them to run in some major cities.

4. People like to keep the shit close and safe, savor the moment type of shit.

Also, our freight system is completely different from the one in Europe. We rely on it more, there are millions of cars, and they go from Mexico to Canada and back. Shit don't get buffed and some of the cars are actually really nice surfaces to paint.

People in the know, know, that in the past 5 years there has been a huge push of clean train piecing. You don't see the flicks because:

1. You don't deserve to

thats your choice i can handle that.

2. We have something called Vandal Squads here, that database and track writers.

our cops still rid pigs to work. fucking hell you think there are no VS's in europe?? where i am from flicks & info have been kept on records and in databases for more then 20 years so this is NO argument.

3. Most times they don't run, though people have gotten them to run in some major cities.

bomb harder. be inventive. my subway system, a small one, had training & advice from anti graffiti personel of the MTA even in the early 80-s with one simple advice: notthing marked leaves the yard period. they kept it pretty much clean, running that is, but still it gets hit and stuff does go in traffic. how? be inventive

4. People like to keep the shit close and safe, savor the moment type of shit.

understandable

Also, our freight system is completely different from the one in Europe. We rely on it more, there are millions of cars, and they go from Mexico to Canada and back. Shit don't get buffed and some of the cars are actually really nice surfaces to paint.

ok thanx for the reply without swearing at me ;-)

not only are freights better. But we are hitting the streets hard in the USA. Streets are not getting crushed in Europe.

my personal experience (germany, holland and england) streets do get crushed in europe. the commuterlines are crushed in parts of europe like the northeast usa. but the freights are crushed here and will be most likely be crushed forever. so instead of dissing them you might want to jump on them now. oh by the way i have heard that a few to the europe clean legends are cough uzi cough are starting to hit them. also i have met a few europe commuter dudes that have recently come here. and their trains experience has not been to great (alot of running for their lives)!

yeah if youre into graffiti for the rush of getting chased by dogs and shot at then i guess thats cool. But as for myself i like to not die and live a normal life except for the fact that id rather paint walls and trains than play video games. so my ideal spot to paint is probably a little different than yours. but i dont hate on you do i. you need to calm down because technically were all doing the same shit. so why hate

if there was a crazy freight system in europe euros would be painting them too. this argument is stupid and pointless and its been done like 4000 times since this forum started...

if all i feel like doing is sharpie tags on garbage cans then you can all go eat a dick. paint what you wanna paint and whats available to you. there are no passenger trains near me or in any city ive lived in so you know...yeah!

if i went to some european city id be down as fuck to get on some trains and youd be a fool not paint any frieghts if you came to the us... they run practically forever.

my personal experience (germany, holland and england) streets do get crushed in europe. the commuterlines are crushed in parts of europe like the northeast usa. but the freights are crushed here and will be most likely be crushed forever. so instead of dissing them you might want to jump on them now. oh by the way i have heard that a few to the europe clean legends are cough uzi cough are starting to hit them. also i have met a few europe commuter dudes that have recently come here. and their trains experience has not been to great (alot of running for their lives)!

dam my english in that post was pretty bad.

I probably hit more American clean trains last year than you did in your own country. Im not talking 10 or 20 either, real writers do real things. Would I ever in a million years post any of them on the internet for people like you no, you are not in my crew you dont need to see what I do.

For many of US its not about whether or not the train runs its about the actual mission itself and about the honing of the craft to the point where you can execute a full peice in under 8 minutes. Would you agree that once you get to that point, you lose the feeling that you have to prove yourself to anyone else. For me personally the trains are private, the fact that they get cleaned off is actually a bonus because it means that me and whoever i was with and whoever cleaned it are possibly the only people who ever saw it, which makes my shots so much more valuable to me, which is the reason why I do not water them down by releasing them to public forums like this one.

This conversation is stupid and your not the first to bring it up, nobody cares how you really feel, the fact of the matter is that the only reason you write graffiti is because some AMERICANS way before you started writing their names on trains, and you judge real or not real based on who still does what those AMERICANS did 30 years ago.

they should change the name to the pacman forum. jesus how snappy can you get ;-)

first of all: i dont hate i just dont understand.

second of all there is a freight system in europe actually i live like 15 km away from one of the biggest yards in europe but i just cant be bothered.

he your piece was spotted in milan. O is that so?? i couldnt care less.

third: i am not in it for the thrill of being chased or have dogs napping at my arse i am way too old for that. i try (and mostly fail) to do proper pieces on passengertrains because i feel that is the medium it was and is supposed to be on. i see painted freights everyday i see painted regular trains almost everyday and i just cant get excited seeing a bombed freight just doesnt work for me thats it.

But everytime i see a nice FC end 2 end on the bridge near the station it makes me smile.

Everytime one of my own little things pulls in the stations it makes me happy. always did always will be. NOTHING comes close to that feeling.

And i dont care if i see a fucking Dondi WC on a freight.

it is not the real deal.

doing a full piece in under 8 minutes.... a 2 windows maybe but not a full proper filled proper backgrounded and proper outlined one.

i dont need to see your pictures i understand the privacy but what i just DONT understand is that people here talk about doing freights as if this is natural progression because in my eyes it just isnt and i am entitled to my own opinion......

Graffiti on freights is and never will be a substitute for graffiti on a passengertrain. and if i am biased because i still focuss on what americans did 20 or 30 years so be it because thats my own generation ;-) and i can easily say that i speak for 99% of the euros.

maybe opinions on american graffiti & american writers in general would change if you people wouldnt respond so fucking uptight if someone brought this up and excuse me for not digging through thousands and thousands of topics to see if it was mentioned before.

any typos or grammar faults: fuck it

i understand that, but WE take our freight culture very seriously. different cars, different companies, different merchandise, different priorities and so on. the NA freight system is the life of the continent and reaches every writer in every city. it is as equal a playing field as there is in this game period. that is the excitement in it: that any kid in a small town has ALMOST OR MORE an equal shot as any big city head. I know some heads are going to argue with me at that last statement but that is my opinion. ITS REALLY HOW BAD YOU WANT IT!

Just one last point.

Some writer's who paint freight, paint them because they are completely addicted to graffiti.

They paint 5 or 6 times a week, sometimes more if they're the really up guys. Freights are not only a medium that can be concentrated on, but they can also be a substitute for the times you can't get into the yard and spots are hot. People paint freights because they are easy, plain and simple, and even freights can be super hot depending on what part of the US you're from.

Also, I didn't mean to imply that Europe didn't have VS's. You don't hear about them in the US. New Yorks Vandal Squad is legendary. My city has one hell of a Vandal Squad as well, somewhat notorious in their own right, pulling shady shit, lying, doing whatever it takes to make an arrest. Now they've started smearing suspects names in the media as well, trying to make sure there's convictions by using the press to create additional outrage. I haven't really heard of anywhere in Europe having vandal squads as bad as this. Only thing I can think of was when France cracked down a few years back and was about to charge a lot of dudes who did damage with almost terrorism related charges, which is nuts.

Seriously, give the whole argument a rest. If you lived here for a while you would probably see why there is a focus on the freights. This topic has been done to death.

You dont even paint anymore and you talk shit about the active generation, give me a fucking break. Your just another salty old douche bag hating on the Now, times have changed we cant go to the yards anymore 15 deep with food and 40's. Who here is not pissed off about that? We do what we can and some of us do way more than others.

Im not a punk kid I have respect for the dudes who came before me and you probably did your thing for a long time, but you came at this country real hard with that bullshit. No matter where you are from or what year we are in NYC will always be the graffiti capital of the world, and American writers will always be on top of the game, thats why you are on our forum not the other way around.

The game here is bigger than a city's system, the Freight trains have connected American graffiti the same way the tracks connected American cities when they were laid down. Freight train graffiti has lead to the Networking of writers from all different parts of the continent Canada and Mexico included. Kids might not be painting as many panels these days, but every single freight line in the country is running smashed out right now with layers of paint on them.

And finally, when the subways were really getting destroyed it was because they were running and people expected their names to run across the city forever or until they got capped. They dont run anymore, most people moved on to things that do, we dont rage on our systems because we hate our oppressive governments, for the most part we are as lazy as you are, so whats your problem.

P.S. A DONDI blaclbook sketch is better than the best thing European graffiti has ever produced. Who the fuck are you Dondi is graffiti.

this arguement is stupid, lame and without merit. the guy who created this thread is either dumb as a bag of nails, some toy from europe that recently watched style wars and cant move past that, or someone consious of both and started this thread for shits and giggles.

if it is not the ladder, then as a toy you are perhaps you should learn more about this AMERICAN cultre before you make febile attempts to dis it.

europen writers get props for doing what they do. no question. and american writers who rock freights get equally, if not more props for rocking freights. if you dont live here then you cant understand this freight shit so just leave it there.

descended down to a scene that paints (mostly crappy) pieces on rolling garbage cans....

and for the record, even though i give europe writers props for rocking the trains in their countries, and i love their paint. no europe writer will ever be able to touch the likes of Dondi, or Sent, or Kwest. and no belton or montana will ever be able to hang with a can of gloss black rusto and a can of harbor blue. just like the latest wutang album will never be better than the first one.

common fucking sense dude. c'mon.