Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kill Ugly Radio

JJ Abrams Star Trek

don't know if anyone cares but the last few days they have been setting up sets and giant blue screens all over csun. so today i go to the library to work on a project *loser* and there are all kinds of people in red and blue jump suits walking around and some futuristics cars driving around the school. after talking to some people i find out its for the new j.j. Abrams star trek movie. the set looks real cool i got some shirty camera phone pix/vid from one of the buildings before a PA yelled at me. if i go back im going to bring my real camara and get better pix

IMAGE_00071.jpg

IMAGE_00065.jpg

IMAGE_00066.jpg

IMAGE_00068.jpg

IMAGE_00070.jpg

enjoy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i like star trek but i wouldn't call myself a trekkie or anything like that, but i do find myself referencing it often.

Props for the photos.

Star Trek fan here.

I had no idea there was a new one on they way though.

I was going to be some kind of Vulcan 'cadet' in the movie but they wanted me to shave my eyebrows off. I said 'naw.' I've never even seen Star Trek, I'm not gonna save my eyebrows off, wtfuckk.

Next Generation ftw...

I saw a really short trailer for this in the theatre, but i didnt realize it was JJ Abrams.

That kind of disapoints me.

Ya, i saw the trailer too. What irked me (and the rest of the internet) was that it shows someone working on the first Enterprise on Earth yet canon story (is that how you use 'canon'?) states it was built in orbit.

Mammero is right. I'm willing to bet that this is one of those movies that they're trying to keep ultra top secret status.

You should shave off your eyebrows and pretend to be an extra, then steal a copy of the script. The internet fans will go crazy and you'll be a nerd cult hero.

Ya, aside from announcing it with simply a poster like a year ago, all we've gotten i think is the trailer, which was a surprise for Cloverfield viewers.

THe next generation was the only one i can watch...i hate the new ones...and the original

fukc just looked it up...its based on the original

I made an honest attempt at watching TOS, but just...couldn't. Just too old.

I tried watching Deep Space Nine a few years back, but that shit was too political. Thats not Star Trek.

I was able, though, to watch the newest series Enterprise, and thought it was really good. Minus the whole very sudden change in main plot and flow during the like last 6 episodes that made it super apparent that the show got canceled and they were trying to tie up as many loose ends in 6 episodes as possible.

^star trek was always political wasn't it?

i think i like it better as an idea than i like watching it at all. because it usually has some sort of social metaphor going on, like most science fiction.