Breaking Bad

japillahan

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

IMO Opinion its better than The Wire.The wire was cool when I was into shows about thugs selling drugs on a street corner (still one of the best shows that was on tv) This has the best actors/acting/writing/cinematography on tv hands down. If you liked The Wire, this show has a lot of character building, deep layering, and an amazing complex story.Which about a man who went from just a regular person trying to provide to his family, who overtime just changes into psycopath. I've never watched a show that has scenes/episodes that leave you on the edge of your seat, with every episode ending, making you want more. Watch it!

While BB is good and I recommend it, I don't think the two don't even come close to each other. The Wire was a crime series with unprecedented social and political viewpoints. No one knew about white working class polish community working at the docks in Baltimore. Or how they thrive and how personal conflicts can affect the lives of hundreds/thousands of people. The Wire made a serious effort to display all these various effects and consequences that corruption and crime have on society. The credibly portrayed dope dealing stuff was extra.

In that sense Breaking Bad has just been a playground for TV fiction writers. I still think it tried for a while to be some kind of a family/crime hybrid series with conflicting, blatant scenes in each episode trying to appeal strictly to young/male/female audiences. Too bad they're ending it now that they finally made their mind about it.

@ Viperface - Well put. I haven't watched The Wire in years, so i kind of forgot all about that. It's just been remembered to me (a great show) as just dope dealing, and everything that comes with it. I know that it is a good portrayal of what happened in Baltimore. Yes. Some of the characters were the real deal which was cool. As far as fiction tv goes, Breaking Bad is definitely, without a doubt, a show you should watch.

The Wire's best season was the first one. The second one was not as exciting with the whole "docks" situation and the rest of the seasons were more politically driven mixed in with more of the same stuff from season 1. I rewatched every season last month. Breaking bad is on a whole other level than The Wire. Hopefully they can end it just as good as The Wire did.

tumblr_m9e8xyxeTT1rahft8o1_500.gif

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIKE!

tumblr_m9e9ypjHWf1qczhyvo1_500.jpg

I got a lot to say, but I'm not going to post any pictures or say anything becuase of the people who haven't seen it yet, or atleast till its available online.

This just sums it up for tonight............

tumblr_m9e8ue2AMX1qcvjbpo1_500.png

check here chestnut. should be up in the next few minutes.

http://www.watchseries.eu/new

Here is a sneak peak still from an amazing ending........

tumblr_m9e8rueCoq1qm6d5ao1_500.png

*** SPOILER!!!!********

tumblr_m9edyeb4FI1qdrcyyo1_250.giftumblr_m9edyeb4FI1qdrcyyo2_250.gif

tumblr_m9edyeb4FI1qdrcyyo3_250.giftumblr_m9edyeb4FI1qdrcyyo4_250.gif

tumblr_m9edyeb4FI1qdrcyyo5_250.giftumblr_m9edyeb4FI1qdrcyyo6_250.gif

tumblr_m9edig0e0a1rbkqvlo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m9ed38yJ0b1qdrcyyo1_250.giftumblr_m9ed38yJ0b1qdrcyyo2_250.gif

tumblr_m9ed38yJ0b1qdrcyyo3_250.giftumblr_m9ed38yJ0b1qdrcyyo4_250.gif

tumblr_m9ed38yJ0b1qdrcyyo5_250.giftumblr_m9ed38yJ0b1qdrcyyo6_250.gif

tumblr_m9eeizuyUb1r6epc2o1_500.png

tumblr_m9eeizuyUb1r6epc2o2_500.png

"shut the fuck up and let me die in peace" -Mike

tumblr_m9ecy74lqT1ruf1umo1_400.jpg

This episode was insane! So many things to talk about.

1. This is the first episode where I truly HATED Walt. He just went on a complete psychopathic power trip and the whole scene where Jessie kept insisting he was out and wanted his money made me furious.

2. I feel really bad for Mike, he was on his way out the game but he, "overstepped his boundaries and got his throat cut." At least that's how Walt will view it. The last thing Walt said to him was hilarious though. "I just realized Lydia knows the names of your men." LOL

3. The scene where the DEA raided Mike's house stood out to me as a possible foreshadow. He was watching a movie on TV and the guy on TV says, "When a cop kills himself they want a full report." So I'm guessing maybe Hank or Gomez might go out like that maybe? Who knows...

4. Now that Todd is the new "Co-cook" he will manipulate him anyway he can and the first thing on his agenda is to have his connections in jail kill Mike's men in jail. But something will ultimately go wrong as it seems in the trailer for the final episode that Hank has struck a deal with one of the men and he will probably be in protective custody or something.

5. I'm thinking now that no one is paying Mike's men they are gonna get money hungry and they know who Walt, or Heisenberg rather, is. My guess is they will be coming after him with Jessie's assistance and he will no longer be able to cook for whatever that guys name is he made the distribution deal with because he will be running for his life. That will cause the distribution guy to also put a hit out on him. Basically Walt is fucked.

This is the best episode yet for me, it was simply brilliant!

This episode was insane! So many things to talk about.

1. This is the first episode where I truly HATED Walt. He just went on a complete psychopathic power trip and the whole scene where Jessie kept insisting he was out and wanted his money made me furious.

2. I feel really bad for Mike, he was on his way out the game but he, "overstepped his boundaries and got his throat cut." At least that's how Walt will view it. The last thing Walt said to him was hilarious though. "I just realized Lydia knows the names of your men." LOL

3. The scene where the DEA raided Mike's house stood out to me as a possible foreshadow. He was watching a movie on TV and the guy on TV says, "When a cop kills himself they want a full report." So I'm guessing maybe Hank or Gomez might go out like that maybe? Who knows...

4. I'm thinking now that no one is paying Mike's men they are gonna get money hungry and they know who Walt, or Heisenberg rather, is. My guess is they will be coming after him with Jessie's assistance and he will no longer be able to cook for whatever that guys name is he made the distribution deal with because he will be running for his life. That will cause the distribution guy to also put a hit out on him. Basically Walt is fucked.

1. Yeah.

2. Mike man- Feels! ( he was the best)

3.Yup! i thought the same exact thing. That scene. something was just off, with that being said in the background, and Hanks face just blankly staring. My only other thought would be, that (like you said) Hank or Gomez kill themselves, but its actually done to make it look that way, and they actually didn't do it. I can see Walt doing this at some point. Possibly Gomez.

“When a cop kills himself, they want a full report.”

-Dave Bannion

4. Whats going to happen with the lawyer dude, and the car wash manager talking, is Todd's "uncle" (his connections, who is in jail, and I'm assuming carries some clout) Todd will reach out to him, to have someone take care of all 9 people, as it looked like happens in the clip for the next episode. Someone dies in the shower room.

Yes, yes, and yes! thats my thoughts exactly, on what is going to happen. Todd is definitely going to be a problem, if they're cooking, he's trusting him with the recipe to his blue meth. Which, by the time he learns it, why will he need Walt. Also them buying out Mike's share, and Walt not being able to cook due to complications with the Law coming after them, but I feel like thats just too easy. It's got to be something else. It's got to be something bigger than just getting ran off by the Phoenix crew, who he made look stupid tonight. "Say my name"

****edited*****

tumblr_m9ebm3WhU21qmfp8io1_500.jpg

Another sneak peek into the final episode

Walt and Lydia's meeting.

*edit- a comment off the AMC boards...

All of those Mike lovers out there: I understand. I liked him too. BUT you can't hate Walt for shooting him. Yes, he made a mistake when he shot him, and he instantly regretted it. But if you didn't already HATE Walt after he killed Jesse's girlfriend SEASONS AGO, then you can't really hate him now. Walt doesn't let anything get in his way. We know this. And Mike never showed Walt any respect. He didn't even thank him when Walt called him to warn him about the cops, OR when he brought him the bag he needed. HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN TO GIVE WALT THE NAMES LIKE HE ASKED! But he didn't give him the names because of his OWN pride. Pot calling the kettle black. Sad to see him go, if only because he was just a cool guy... but nobody disrespects Heisenberg and lives to tell about it.

*double edit- another comment from AMC boards that could play out...

I get the feeling that jesse and skylar are gonna start collaborating against walt. as soon as jesse finds out that walt killed mike jesse is going to be totally against walt and jesse knows skylar doesnt want anything to do with walt. my opinion.

I can see that happening after Jessie bangs Skylar lol

Mike done died, didn't see that one coming. I knew Walt was going to make those other guys partners ;)

haha "Say my name" ....'Heisenberg' .... "you god damn right"

Bacon Banana Cookies

yields 30

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups sifted all purpose flour

2 teaspoons of baking powder

1/4 teaspoon of baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt

1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter

1 1/4 cups of sugar

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

4 bananas mashed (about 1 1/3 cups)

1/2 pound of bacon, cooked crisp, chopped

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and salt.

3. In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the butter and 1 cup of the sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until they are fully incorporated. Beat in the vanilla. Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture, then stir in the mashed bananas, beating well after each addition. Fold in the bacon.

4. Stir together the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and the remaining cinnamon. Set aside.

5. Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons into the prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Sprinkle generously with the cinnamon-sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until slightly browned. Allow the cookies cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Cookies will keep for 5 to 7 days.

One more thing I'd like to add, When Hank was in that meeting he was pretty focused on those pictures, especially the one of Mike at a diner. It seems like he knows where the diner is and he will be able to link Lydia to Mike when he talks to the waitress that knows Mike. That's if she gives anything up. They also might have a camera system or he could talk to another employee...just speculatin'

also,

SOON.

McFv3.jpg

Next weeks episode is called, "Gliding over all." which is presumably a reference to a Walt Whitman poem...

GLIDING o'er all, through all,

Through Nature, Time, and Space,

As a ship on the waters advancing,

The voyage of the soul--not life alone,

Death, many deaths I'll sing.

eum1K.png