Breaking Bad

japillahan

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't think Jesse is Mike's new guy at all. I think Gus arranged all that to give Jesse back his sense of purpose. He could tell he was floundering and feeling lost after everything that went down. I think Gus did it because he knew if he killed Jesse Walt would have freaked out. Walt has already tried to kill Gus but when it comes down to it, Gus is a business man and he's got to keep the money flowing. Doing that was the path of least resistance.

Also, I proper face palmed when Walt said the genius is still out there. Pride comes before a fall.

I don't think Jesse is Mike's new guy at all. I think Gus arranged all that to give Jesse back his sense of purpose. He could tell he was floundering and feeling lost after everything that went down. I think Gus did it because he knew if he killed Jesse Walt would have freaked out. Walt has already tried to kill Gus but when it comes down to it, Gus is a business man and he's got to keep the money flowing. Doing that was the path of least resistance.

Also, I proper face palmed when Walt said the genius is still out there. Pride comes before a fall.

This is pretty much it right here. Gus isn't going to trust a junkie with such serious work. It's also been shown that Jesse doesn't handle killing people well.

if they split those last 16 episodes into 2 seasons, that'd be amazing.

but i'd also go for 1, 16 episode season...

shit's going to get insane!

like daily said, i love delving into possible ways the story lines will pan out.

also, bump everyone saying jesse isn't mikes guy.

because he is NOT.

that whole thing was set up by GUS (one smart mother fucker) so jesse would get out of his funk.

and it did just that.

just because he is going on "another run" with mike does not mean mike is taking him under his wing.

because i don't see that happening... like ILB and GRD said, GUS knows jesse's streak of self hate after killing someone... so there is no way gus would risk putting him in that situation out somewhere in NM with tons of his money.

plus... i think "new guy" i don't know if i've heard his name yet... will be mikes 2nd hand man... they just haven't had the time to train him with everything going on.

I need more backstory on Mike. NAO

IMDB just says "fixer for gus, and all around bad ass" :lol:

this is from AMC...

Mike is Saul Goodman's fixer, his go-to guy for sticky situations. "Saul Goodman sent me," Mike tells a shell-shocked Jesse the morning after Jane dies from an overdose. Mike removes evidence and prepares Jesse for his interview with the medical examiners. Mike sums up his M.O. as he prepares to leave Jesse's duplex: "Do I need to state the obvious?" he says. "I was not here."

Though he works for Saul, Mike's chief loyalty is to another employer, Gus Fring. Mike bugs the White home for Saul, but when the Cousins arrive intending to murder Walt, Mike calls Gus's subordinate Victor. "I'm assuming Saul Goodman doesn't need to know," says Mike after the Cousins withdraw.

Walt's outrage over the bugging, Mike suggests, is misplaced. "You know, Walter," he says, "sometimes it doesn't hurt to have someone watching your back." Mike later warns Walt against taking "half measures" with his partner after Jesse defies Gus.

On behalf of Gus, Mike murders one of the Cousins and single-handedly outmaneuvers four cartel gunmen sent to Albuquerque to probe for weaknesses. Mike even turns on Saul, threatening to kill the lawyer if he doesn't reveal the whereabouts of Jesse, who goes into hiding after Walt kills two of Gus's dealers to protect him.

When the time comes to kill Walt, the responsibility falls to Mike. First, however, he allows Walt to call Jesse, ostensibly to get a line on his whereabouts. Instead Walt uses the opportunity to instruct Jesse to kill Gale — Walt's lab assistant, and the only other person who knows Walt's meth formula.

His gun trained on Walt, Mike attempts to call Gale to warn him of the attack. Gale does not answer.

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/breaking-bad-sneak-peek-episode-406-cornered

Breaking Bad Sneak Peek: Episode 406, Cornered

Season 4, Episode 6

Mike and Jesse share an unexpectedly touching moment in this sneak peek from episode 406 of Breaking Bad. What does this mean for Jesse?

anyone wanna speculate with me? :lol:

me and HUSK were talking about how... something must have happened before that scene.. thats why jesse seems a bit rattled.

it's weak... but maybe mike does have a soft spot for jesse.. and maybe jesse will be the one to convert mike to the heisenberg team.

I hear ya. But a hot girl appearance every once in a while wouldn't hurt nobody..

Another thing I was going to mention before. Isn't it a little far fetched about the "trustworty" workers in the laundry mat?? I mean cmon son- Out of all those people, nobody says anything???

jesse has been flauntin his cash lately, they need to get him a hot girl who loves free money.

it's not really far fetched, especially since 90% of them are most likely illegals, or related to illegals.. or related to someone in the cartel.

they also probably get paid pretty well for working in a laundromat....

plus, i'm pretty sure gus has probably laid down the law with every single one of them, or mike did and they all know to keep their mouths shut.

I hear ya. But a hot girl appearance every once in a while wouldn't hurt nobody..

Another thing I was going to mention before. Isn't it a little far fetched about the "trustworty" workers in the laundry mat?? I mean cmon son- Out of all those people, nobody says anything???

Not to be incredibly racist, but wouldn't a laundry mat like that harbor almost exclusively illegals thus none of them would want to bring any attention to anything of themselves.

it's not really far fetched, especially since 90% of them are most likely illegals, or related to illegals.. or related to someone in the cartel.

they also probably get paid pretty well for working in a laundromat....

plus, i'm pretty sure gus has probably laid down the law with every single one of them, or mike did and they all know to keep their mouths shut.

I doubt he would employ illegals in the one business that houses the greatest meth lab on the planet.

But they are probably all tried and true, non-talking to police immigrants with working papers.

My mom employed Mexicans for years and they avoided the cops even after they were citizens.

Browns don't like poe-lease.

I doubt he would employ illegals in the one business that houses the greatest meth lab on the planet.

In regards to this discussion on the past page -

Gus - Season 3 Episode 5

"My employees to be sure, are well trained. Trustworthy."

I'm guessing everyone that works there has been for a long time and was probably picked by Gus individually, maybe employees of the many Los Pollos Hermanos chains Gus owns? The manager of the main one we see says that Gus owns something like 20+ stores.

yerp.

i'm waiting for an episode where they show gus's side of this...

i wanna see the distribution... the dealers all around the south west...

if i recall correctly the closest we've come to seeing any of that.. was when gus showed walt how it worked a little.. and they were putting the meth into tubs of some chicken stuff and loading it onto a truck.. pretty sure it was one of those factory lines... and at the very end the meth went in and then it was loaded on to a truck and it zoomed away... forget what episode that was on... but it'd be awesome to see another episode that covered that shit.

and an episode dedicated to mike... need to know more about him.