Bandannas

Oiler

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, after reading the thread about safety and all those stories of what happens to people who don't wear respirators, I'm NEVER going out without my mask anymore. Bandanas don't filter ANYTHING, no matter how tight you wear it.

Also, when you wear a mask you probably look more legit to non-writers so they'd be less likely to bother you (just an assumption, meaning I don't have any clue but it makes sense to me).

I'd say wearing a bandanna is better than wearing nothing at all, but if you can get a mask then by all means, get it.

^^^^ALSO when you wear a respirator it makes you look like a legit writer to other non-writers AND COPS!!! dude seriously you have NO clue if youre that worrieed about your lungs getting affected from the spray you need to get a safer hobby

Let's see how manly you are when you're 40, have no hair, you're incontinent, and you're gasping for breath.

i have no hair now by choice. and second im not as stupid as you to breath in the spray. hold your damned breath you pussy. you make such a big deal out of it. like i said if youre too afraid of what the spray will do to you then DONT GET INTO GRAFFITI.

Well I can't hold my breath for 3 minutes when I'm doing a piece. And if you're too stupid to understand that the gases in spraypaint will fuck you up, then that's your problem. And if I want to wear a mask, then why the fuck does it matter to you?

Get off my ass and stop acting like you're king shit. I'm tired of you bashing every post I make. Your signature says "go paint and stop acting like your king of the toys on the internet". Maybe you should take your own advice.

it matters because you take this way to seriously. and im not acting like king shit. IM THINKING, IM USING MY HEAD IM USING COMMON SENSE. youre just a little bitch trying to act like youre a fucking crip or somthing. youre the stupiest person on here next to szr and jaer

it matters because you take this way to seriously. and im not acting like king shit. IM THINKING, IM USING MY HEAD IM USING COMMON SENSE. youre just a little bitch trying to act like youre a fucking crip or somthing. youre the stupiest person on here next to szr and jaer

So for me to be smart I have to inhale toxic paint fumes?

And I don't understand how you think I'm acting like a crip by saying I'd rather wear a mask than a bandanna.

It's obvious you don't wear a mask because you make absolutely no sense.

^^ youd be smart to shut up untill you know what the fuck is up. i dont give a fuck if i look cool. i actually think respirators do look cool but im not going to take the chance of a cop seeing me with a respirator around my neck or on my face. especially one coverd in paint with paint residue in the filter. i DO use a respirator when im at a legal wall, private spot or a chill spot and sometime...just sometimes ill take one to the freight yards. i can rock a bandana anytime because 1 i can put it in my pocket 2 if someone catches me with it up i can say that my face gets cold. seeing as how its cold here AND where you live and 3 because when i throw a bandana on the ground to ditch it or run it dosent make a noise and it doesnet break so i can get it later and reuse it without paying $20 to replace a lost or broken one. your gonna die one way or another. you just have to choose how you die. and if you die from the consequences of you having fun and doing what you love then youve won at life.

Sorry, but I'm not gonna sit here and get talked down to by some fucking idiot teenager who thinks he's the fucking master of the internet and all things related to spray painting.

I don't give a fuck if you wear a bandanna OR a mask or if you sit there sucking on the nozzle. You don't have to go off on me for wanting to wear a respirator.

you would have to bareface it for more than a couple years for the cancer and the kidney failure to kick in....most of you just dont paint enough.if your out there all the time painting you might want to take some precautions...as far as bandanas those shits arent gonna do shit for stopping fumes,infact i get higher off fumes when i wear bandanas for some reason.anyways who gives a fuck.if you feel like you need to mask up do it.some people would say "oh well bandanas bring too much heat" if you painting why the fuck should that matter? your painting, if someone sees you it doesnt matter what the fuck your wearing you got spotted.when you go out you dont rock a bandana the whole way to the spot you put it on before your about to hit whatever your after.

on the gang issue.if you have a bandana hangin out your pocket of course your gonna get checked for it.but if your out their painting and someone sees you masked up their more than likely gonna know whats up and know your not bangin and that your just painting.you have just as much risk not wearing a rag while painting in the hood as you do without one,rule of thumb is if your not from that neighborhood your already out of place and potentially in danger.most gangs dont want cats painting in their neighborhoods but its really 50/50 with alot of cats.some leave you alone some dont.if a nigga asks you where your from just be like "i dont bang fool im just getting up" and they MIGHT leave you alone.or not.just depends...

really its up to you man.i prefer to wear an extra shirt that i can peel off and rap around the face.its less bait than carrying around a rag but bottom line if your stopped with or without a bandanna if they find paint on you their gonna know whats up...

my .02...i dont paint alot either to be honest ive been trying to improve skills but alot of this is just common sense duudes.

• Like 1

I like to paint almost every night and at least once every three nights if I have other shit to do... And I do a lot of extra painting other than going out to write. Like I paint my xbox controllers and my xbox and my bikes and shit so I think it'd be better for me to be safe than sorry.

Putting on a mask when you already have problems from the paint is like quitting cigarettes after you already have lung cancer. You're already fucked and changing up your shit isn't going to reverse the effects.

Yeah dude that sore throat BS is why I stopped painting with a bandanna on and switched to my respirator. The same night I used up a whole can of copper Burner on a little throwie, I got a really sore throat and at first I thought it was strep throat but then I figured it must be from the paint because it happened the same night...

I guess they weren't kidding when they put that little picture of a guy wearing a respirator on the can lol

Yo has anyone seen those things called "skullys"?

It's basically a balaclava that's really thin and it's kinda like underarmor... I think SWAT officers wear them under their helmets...

Anyways here's some sick ones I found, they look much cooler than a bandana... And they cover most of your face instead of just one-half of it...

http://www.backstreet-merch.com/bands/bally/default.asp

If anyone has one or had one or is gonna get one, please do a quick review so I can find out if it's actually worth buying... I basically need to know if they're warm, HOW warm, does wind pass through easily, and do they hold up very well or do they just fall apart.

• 3 months later...