english tv is so uselessly boring, im surprised it doesn't fall asleep to death

seeking

seriously, this shit is hillarious.

im watching some show called 'time team' where they explore ancient areas. on this particular episode they're excavating a huge area of land in some english countryside, trying to figure out what kind of structures used to exist there. thing is, all they're finding is rocks and dirt, and everything they think they're about to find, turns out to not exist. so basically, it's been an hour's worth of tv that amounted to absolutely nothing. nothing was discovered, nothing was figured out, nothing was accomplished, just an hour worth of digging into nothing.

there's no way in hell this would have ever aired in america.

this might not seem like much of a big deal, but i've been watching this shit all day, and everything, on every channel is based off this same monotonous formula. it's all so bland, it's like watching jeans being sewn. infact, there's probably a channel that features such a thing.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sometimes they find some good shit on time team, but ill admit it does get boring after a while. Personally i find our TV a lot better than any American programmes, the over dramatization of all US reality TV fucking pisses me off. The dramatic music, the little interviews with people constantly, showing the same little clip of some big drama about 6 or 7 times before it actually features on the narrative. Its all just completely unnecessary. Its like the producers don't trust or want the audience to make their own conclusions to the programme. Anyway fuck US TV. UK ftw.

Time Team is great! It's my favourite "sick in bed eating toast and watching tv" show. They never find anything!

Anyway, the UK produced loads of good tv: Monty Python, Blackadder, Have I Got News For You, QI, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, 'Allo 'Allo, Crystal Maze, Danger Mouse, Father Ted, Black Books, Jeeves and Wooster, Drop the Dead Donkey etc....

And when you live on the dreary island directly to the west, you appreciate a reason to turn off R.T.E., I assure you....

QI. Black Books, Father Ted, A Bit of Fry and Laurie, Brasseye, Room 101, Red Dwarf. ha

anyway, I'd say the uk has a fairly high number of decent shows, given the size of the country/population, same with music.

but for the love of God, don't tell them, because they won't shut up about it....

I may be one of the few Americans who thinks Red Dwarf was brilliant. I loved that show.

Someone mentioned 'Allo 'Allo up there... I haven't seen this yet but the wife was saying how great it sounds, from an article she read. Any info to online previews?

I'm surprised no one mentioned Dr. Who... where all my sci-fi geeks at?

I used to watch 'Allo 'Allo on Tv when I was younger.

It is based around a french cafe in nazi occupied france, the owner is working with the French resistance and the Nazis. If you like lots of silly innuendo and things like that you will love it, but it is very repetative and really ran for ages and got old.

Funny thing about that show (if you can call it that, and if i recall rightly) we had some storms years ago and the main actor in 'Allo 'Allo got smashed in the head by a falling branch/tree which went through his windscreen while driving and gave him so mad head injuries

I spent 6 months in Australia recently and kept saying "the tv here is shit , english tv is much better". Now im home I realise that I was so so wrong. The Aussie made program's sucj balls but at least in Australia you can watch the likes of South Park, Family Guy, Futurama and shitloads more pretty much anytime of day.

The problem is there is fucking quality English made program's but they get over shadowed by the shite put on at "prime time".

Absolute tripe like X Factor and all those gash celebrity skating/sport etc programs make me just turn off the telly and go out.

I give the yanks credit because they got the balls to put lots of money into idea's whereas here we just recycle the same format or steal shitty american one's.

Shameless, Life on Mars, Spaced, Peep Show, Monkey Dust that's 5 very good program's post 1983. Also Nathan Barley and Mighty Boosh are worth checking out. There all very English (strange that!) so the humour might go over non brit heads. Thats not a diss or anything but we have an odd humour which most other nationalities dont get.

Skins is something of love hate thing for me. I used to live in the city they film it in and it reminds me of the madness we used to get upto there. Saying that lots of it is so cliche it's painful. Mad amounts of my friends have been in it at extra's which is another reason I watch it. Whenever it's on I just want to move back to Bristol, get another shitty house, minimum work and get off my tits all the time.

:cool:

fucking hell, everyones slagging off uk tv here!!!

bollocks to that...

whats up with american tv networks being soo goddamn obsessed with advertising revenue that they show programmes in this order: opening scene - ad break - opening credits - ad break - 2 or 3 scenes - ad break -1 or 2 scenes - ad break - end credits - ad break.

what on fucking earth?????????????????????????

but i will admit it is hilarious when you mix both uk and us tv..

gordan ramseys "american" kitchen nightmares is pure joke.

like someone said above, the complete over dramatisation of the show is too funy...hyping up scenes in adverts and "coming up on..." parts of the show, which turn out to be minor makes me laugh