sobriety

Duck Butter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

addiction is a strange thing.

its very easy for some people to "get/be" sober because, well, they arent of the "addictive personality" type.

i can't have ONE beer; no such thing.

some people can drink out-of-controllably for long periods of time alcoholic-style, then "learn(?)" to drink responsibly

some people can be quite addicted to hard drugs, get sober, then drink normally

i have tried everything mentioned above, none worked.

so i quit everyallthings

close to a year sober now, i am much less of a fuckup, yet remain a fuckup nonetheless. oh well

yeah and fuck doing coke/E again. i only ever do that when im super drunk and then i regret it every time.

although im sure next time im smashed and get offered it it'll be a different story. I would like to be fully sober but to be honest, its kinda boring. although i find that you do appreciate other things on a whole other level.

hLet's see...this weekend involved me consuming (with a little help from my friends)-

About two cases of beer

A six pack of Sparks

A fifth of Ketel One

Some Jim Beam

Two bottles of cheap red wine (one on the train ride home)

I was out of town and feeling crazy, so...yeah. Why not? There was a half assed attempt to purchase narcotics but the universe decided to put the whammy on that plan (thanks).

I've been getting fucked up on one thing or another since I was 11. Lately booze has been the thing. I'm not proud of it. I take breaks...I definitely feel one is going to be coming into my life soon for various reasons.

I respect people who are sober and I make no attempts to influence them one way or the other. 99% extend me the same courtesy...and the one percent that don't get dealt with on a case by case basis.

I went to a liquor store yesterday that had "bring back prohibition" etched on it's window.

I seriously want to curbstomp and rob the faggot who wrote that.

I'm not just talking shit on the internet... I seriously want to rob and maim the faggot who did that.

That is seriously the biggest mis-use of etch I've ever seen in my life!