IM BACK!!! AND IM OUT OF THE ARMY!!!

mapo wc

Today was a big day for me. I mean, its not every day you get discharged from the Army. But I have been hoping this day would come since I got there. I just got home and 12oz was the first website for me to go after my 3 month hiatus from civilization. Ill explain my Army experience/reason for early discharge tomorrow. Im too tired now.

The board looks different. To be honest I liked the old, simple style more. My theory - its a message board..no need to be complex.

Well Im gonna read some posts I missed and then go to bed..when I want to, not when some god damn drill seargant tells me to. Oh, and then Im going to wake up whenever I want to..not at 4am. And then in the morning Ill take as much time to eat as I feel like, etc, etc..

Talk to ya tomorrow.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

mapo i knew you would hate it. i think its just one of those things that you really do not understand the choice you have made until you get there. i haven't been in the army or military or anything shit like that but i can see it being real bad. about you not like the new look of the board, i didn't like it either at first but you get used to it and it does have a lot of useful features.i'm waiting to hear why you got discharged.

Well heres the gist of what went down..

My recruiter picks me up at 5am and I go down to Miami to ship..I finally get to Louisville at about 10pm..I finally get on base at around 1am..I get my initial briefing..issued a canteen and a really annoying belt to go with it..a poncho...a 'smart book' which is basically the Armys manual for basic training..and a pillow. I finally get to bed at about 4:10..about 25 minutes later I hear "alright, everyone get the fuck up! I SAID GET THE FUCK OUTTA BED, YOU FUCKIN HEAR ME PRIVATES?!? GET UP!!" It was right about then I realized I made a bad decision.

That morning we waited in the rain for about 45 minutes..outside in the freezing ass rain..to go in for breakfast. I literally had tears in my eyes thinking I made the biggest mistake in my life. Over the next 3 days I basically did all the initial paperwork..got my military ID, dog tags, financial shit, dentist, shots, etc. I was hoping theyd find AIDS or some shit in my blood so I could go home. No joke. We also had $250 taken out of our first check and put into a 'smart card'. With this card, we were to buy exactly what the DS's told us to buy. Yes, we paid for it in our own money and were forced to buy certain items. By this point I am under a ton of stress and basically living in Hell. I start wondering how the fuck I can get out.

Rumors start to spread that they dont have any slots open for Tanker basic training. Apparently recruting command fucked up and brought in more tankers than there was room for or some shit. The rumors say we might stay in reception for weeks before even being shipped to training. We stay in reception for 5 weeks. Doing nothing. Being treated like complete shit. I start losing my mind. Im literally under so much stress during the day that I get the feeling Im going to pass out. I begin to develop an odd sleep disorder. The people on 'fire guard' (basically just wake up for an hour in the middle of the night and count everyone to make sure no one runs away) wake me up because Im sitting up in my bed. I was literally just waking up to find myself sitting indian style on my bed. I request to see the psychologist. They try to talk me out of it, but I know they legally have to let me go..so they make me an appointment. I lose track of time and get to my appointment about 5 minutes before it was supposed to end. I get my appointment rescheduled.

I finally get to training. First day DS says 'does anyone have any emergencies or problems that might prevent them from completing training?'. I raise my hand and tell him I have an appointment with the psychologist. He laughs and says 'theyre only going to say theres nothing wrong with you and send you back to training!', I reply, 'thats fine Drill Seargant'..he says 'hey Ill tell you whats fine and whats not around here'. I finally get to my appointment and ask for medication..knowing if I ask for a discharge theyll think this is just a fake thing to get out of the Army. They tell me they cant give me medication in basic. She says theres not much she can do. She says if it continues my DS would refer me. I quickly realize that a DS has to recommend you to see the psychologist before they can really help you. My sleep thing keeps occuring.

Other privates tell the DS. My DS gets concerned because you sleep on a tank with 3 other guys..if Im sleepwalking it could cause problems.

Instead of sending me to the psychologist his brilliant plan is just to put me on the bottom bunk so I dont hurt myself. After about week 7 of training things are getting really bad. Im getting more and more pissed off at my situation..the other people there..the weather..everything is just getting on my nerves in a big way. I pretty much cant take it anymore. One night I decided I was going to stop training..no matter what the consequence. So the next morning..when we were to get in formation..I go and sit under a tree. All the DS's get in my face and scream at me to do what Im told..I act like theyre not there. After a few minutes they just tell me to go do something else. This continues for a few days. At this point Im willing to go to jail instead of be in basic.

I guess they think Im crazy or something at this point, because my DS finally schedules an appointment with the psychologist for me. So I go there and he promptly gives me a medical discharge.

Ill give you more details about all the fucked up shit I put up with in the Army at another time. But I gotta go to sleep for now.

Guest wakassOATH

man oh man it wouldent take a drill sargent-on-a-power-trip for me to find out that the army wasnt right for me.. man i would never join the army or if they drafted i would head for the woods, im seriouse.. fuk that

you know what really sucks, here in korea all men when they turn about 21 have to do that army boot camp shit for 3 years striaght, and when those 3 years are up, they gotta go back 3-4days every year to touch up their skills(for protection of thoseevil north korean commies).. anyway that army story was great man ..i love hearing about that shit and im glad that you got out the army is for chumps

post some more stuff on yer experence im so interested

Archived