Jesus Christ christianity and the people that support it are fucking insane...

Some1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yea its the Christians that don't want to hear the word god riiight! you guys are hilarious!

where have you guys been for the past 9 years?? Anybody who mentions God is immediately singled out as being anti-equality or some bullshit. You cant even quote the bible and not get ridiculed... but yeah its the Christians that just hate hearing the word God right?

derp.jpg

why do atheists tend to act so superior to everyone else who believes in something, when in reality they believe in something equally as impossible to prove?

its all about agnosticism

"believe in something equally impossible to prove" ??

atheism isn't about believing in something - it's about not believing in something.

it's pretty simple - there is no evidence for a god, therefore I don't believe in god. most atheists i've spoke with don't hold the belief that there is no god - it's impossible to prove something doesn't exist - so saying you're certain it doesnt exist is silly.

with that said -

i'm an atheist because im agnostic. i don't know that god exists, therefore i don't believe in god. just like you may not know what's in your neighbors garage, so it wouldn't be foolish to make the statement "i don't currently hold the belief that my neighbor has a ferrari in his garage."

I hate to side with that kid again, but Atheists believe that there definitely is no God.

Atheism is a belief. What you're describing is called being agnostic.

Agnostic means that you don't know if there's a God or not and basically you'll believe it when you see it.

You can't be atheist and agnostic. Those are two different things.

"Atheists believe that there is definitely no God."

This is incorrect. I've read many books on atheistic topics by many different authors, and I've yet to read where an author wrote that there is definitely no God.

In the 1980s a guy named George H Smith wrote an important book called "Atheism: The Case Against God", in the book he wrote of two forms of Atheism:

Explicit Atheism and Implicit Atheism

He defined explicit atheism as ""the absence of theistic belief due to a conscious rejection of it"

and he defined implicit atheism as "the absence of theistic belief without a conscious rejection of it"

To simplify it, an implicit atheist says they don't believe in God, while an explicit atheist says there is no god. They sound similar, but there is an enormous difference in the two.

Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris, Bertrand Russell, and many other popular authors who have written books on atheism all agree that it is ridiculous to say "there is no God". We can't disprove God just like we can't disprove the tooth fairy, bigfoot, or the spaghetti monster.

--

I guess you're correct, DAO, if you write "some Atheists believe that there is definitely no God". But I've personally never once came across somebody that said there is definitely no God.

You can also read books that said the holocaust never happened, the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Atheists believe that there's no such thing as God.

Agnostics don't believe that there is or isn't.

This is common knowledge.

Anybody who claims to be an "atheist" while still holding out that they don't really know and for all they know there could be, is either confused as to the definition of an atheist or they're a fucking retard.