Buying Gold and other investments

Dawood

T;6174564']

Real money is attracted like the Butterfly flies to you and lands in your lap. Thats cashflow people bringing you money, through rents investments and all that shit. Then you working regular work paying bills but your cashflow is growing. Once that cashflow grows strong enough you dont got to work and can just work managing your money.

Ya heard.

yea thats what i dream about, having my money work for me. the problem is i dont really have the investing power to have several properties, collecting rents, etc. i gotta get a job and stack up alot of cash first. i have a long ways to go.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Silver oz was 11.50 on july 2007 , now it's around 20 USD

But keep in mind that the USD has depreciated a lot

It's funny how we create bubbles after bubbles... like the 2000 Internet bubble... then the Subprimes bubble and now the commodities bubble..

But a serious advice is when you hear people who knows nothing about it starting to say like i'm going to invest in that etc.. ALERT!! time to sell

• Like 1

i dont look at the dope game as a way to get rich or ballin, because poesia is right, when you do the math your really only making minimum wage, unless your a grower or major player. i look at it like a bank account that has an extremely high interest rate. where else can you start with 300 bucks and build it up to the thousands? if there are alternatives i would love to hear. im trying to get more into investing, that platinum shit sounds interesting. i love the trade and dealing of commodities, any ideas?

for the most part, looking at it in dollars might be skewed because the dollar is falling. meaning, just because it takes more dollars to own some gold doesn't mean the actual value of it is skyrocketing. it is going up, and i would invest in it, though. i'd also invest in copper.

raw materials are kind of different because it's not entirely in futures like everything else... but it's also depressing because there's only so much of everything in the world, and that's the only reason it's more valuable. real estate, for example.

platinum was at 2100 oz today.

id definately recommend buying gold. however, once the mainstream starts talking about it, the money has already been made. my prediction is that in the next couple years gold might rise to 1500 then start falling back.

but the biggest thing to remember is that buying gold isnt done to make money necessarily. yes, you can make money on it. it is possible. but is more of a way of simply securing what you already have. 'keeping what you got' in a sense. to 'make money' in gold you have to sell it. i'd say the only time i would sell my gold is if i got it @ 500 oz and sold it @ 1500 and put that money into something tangible like land. anything but federal reserve notes. i've heard alot of guys, (guys who owned gold back before 01 when it was 200$ an ounce) say that when it hits 1000$ they are selling their coins, stranger foreign gold coins first, and saving kruggerands and eagles for last, and putting the profits in to land, firearms, anything that is tangible and holds its value. i'd imagine some people made a nice profit on some of those transactions.

i think with the recession here, the stock market falling, and commodities going up, people should take things with a grain of salt. dont look to make tons of money off of this. over the last century, gold has pretty much stayed the same in regards to purchasing power. as a matter of fact, so as oil in the last 30 years. in 1980 after reagan deregulated gas and brought the price down, it was about .80 a gallon. if you take a typical 1980's gas price of 1.24 and adjust it for inflation, you come up with 3.18 a gallon.

so alot of this commodities boom stuff going on is really just an illusion.

buying gold shows that you have a pessimistic outlook. i say buy it. the collapse might be just around the corner. if you adjust 950$ an ounce gold for monetary inflation that has taken place, gold is still CHEAP compared to the highs in the early 80's. although it sure would of been nice to of bought it cheap and stacked it deep in 02 or 03.

investing in fine art and antiquities is a pretty solid investment, slow but very steady growth. same with fine cigars, wines etc. right now i've been looking into fake violins, ebay and craigslist. if you take your time (and invest accordingly), you can turn a 5,000 dollar investment on an antique violin, turn around and flip it into a 15-20,000 antique. not too many laws in your way either, "i found it in this attic." all you need is a top notch violin restorer, start by looking up graduates of violin restorer universities.

This fucking dude was pounding "buy gold buy gold" into everyones skulls a few years back...wish I would of listened. Haha

I seriously need to get with some people. I got a lot of cash just sitting in mutual funds. I want to find better investments or start a bunch of internet hustles. Someone just put me onto AUTO-BLOGGING. You open like 100 blogs and they all auto-update and if you can make like $1 each day off each blog from Adsense then thats like $700 a week for basically doing nothing beyond setting it up.

School is dope if you don't let yourself get fucked over and be in debt.

I know people who have like 40-50k in loans, who think that when they get out of school with their mediocre degree they are going to be doing it.

How the FUCK are you going to afford a place to live, your car payments, insurance, phone, food, all that shit on top of these school bills that are going to start piling in right when you graduate.

It's worth it if you are putting in work and actually retaining all of that knowledge and get a worthwhile degree.

So many people goto college and focus on the night life that they forget half the shit they learned and think just the degree will be enough.

The job market is going to be fucked for a while, and there are so many people coming out with the same degrees now that you really have to stand out.

if you adjust 950$ an ounce gold for monetary inflation that has taken place, gold is still CHEAP compared to the highs in the early 80's. although it sure would of been nice to of bought it cheap and stacked it deep in 02 or 03.

hell yeah

Investing now is too late. You are more likely to see loss, prices wont go up for ever. To see worthwhile returns, at over a grand an ounce, you would need to put up $10,000 minimum assuming prices continue to go up. Also have fun trying to sell that back. Im sure there are plenty of people willing to sell to you, but liquidating gold is a bitch. Gold, historically, has been a terrible investment.

But we are in a bull market...even so I do not suggest it.

If you are dying to invest, invest in the bond market. Its at least stable.