thingz black peoplez likez

mightymim

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but really, here is something I have noticed since I have been trying to get regular legitimate employment...

I've gone to a fair ammount of job fairs and group interviews, and I notice black people have a tendancy to dress really innapropriately for these things - I was sitting in a lobby of a staffing firm (that actually had a sign saying if you were wearing jeans you would be dismissed, so it MUST be a recurring issue)

I'm wearing black on black, nice shoes, and this black chick comes in for an interview wearing a white BeBe tank top with rhinestones glued on it and some Capri jeans with the embroidered pockets... Now I guess that cuts it for interviewing at the mall, but this is a business office environment...

At job fairs I see black people wearing ed hardy type shirts, untucked, embroidered jeans, wondering why they can't get a job...

Now I'm not going to say ALL black people do this, because I DO recognize the guys in suits and ties, or the women in business dresses... But the overwhelming majority look like they probably do when goingvout on a Friday night to the club, if not just some old whatever whatever shit.

Do black people have some aversion to just wearing simple business attire? I notice this even more in court... Even when I was crazy and on drugs all the time I took my lawyers advice and wore slacks , a tie, and shaved whatever crazy facial hair I had going...

My theory is that it is a subconscious self-sabotage. Anyone agree?

Yeah, court is even more rediculous, but I figure there's a good chance you either a ) don't give a fuck

B ) don't know any better

Or

C ) are just fucking stupid

I remember one time I was in court and this black guy was up on a probate hearing (so he should have KNOWN off top to be on his game)

He's wearing a gaudy ass 3XL Tee, huge embroidered jeans all saggy, and a matching fitted

Keep in mind there are huge signs on EVERY court room that says NO HATS IN COURT

And he comes in wearing his hat... The judge stops the case he's hearing to blast this idiot, telling him to take his hat off, and going off about how at his last hearing he was told to dress appropriately and not sag his pants. This guy seriously argues with the judge about how he thinks he's appropriately dressed, and is all like "maaaaaan why are you doing this to me?!?"

He kicked the guy out (violating his probation) and said if he ever came back sagging and wearing a hat he would hold him in contempt... Did I mention the judge was black?

• Like 1