tax returns

yinz n'at

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i paid in a lot and itemized deductions so i got a lot,

but i'm an adult.

anyway, i did taxes for a friend and used https://free4.1040now.net/

got them through irs.gov

it went well and at the end had quite a few opportunities to check on anything extra you might qualify for that an average non tax person wouldn't know about otherwise.

we recommend it.

you can deduct a lot of shit

if you buy uniforms at work, or have to buy "professional clothes"

drycleaning for those work items

if you moved for work you can deduct that

Charity's, like I gave a shit load of gear to the Salvation Army...deduct that shit

are you deducting the tax only or the whole purchase?

• 3 weeks later...

with the whole deduction thing...

can i claim/deduct on a few g's worth of photography equipment i purchased in the past year EVEN though i dont actually have any income/profit from the use of this photography equipment?

(i do still have every receipt/invoice from these purchases)

any help would be awesome.

everyone that has done their taxes will be receiving 600 in may, if your married 1200.

Join or do work for a non for profit organization, you can deduct gas, phone, food, the works...

Also get yourself a good certified tax guy. This way when your taxes are done he signs off ob it, and if the irs knocks on your door it will be his door first.

not every body is gettin that money. i got a letter. im stoked mainly cause i maight get it right before i go on vacation. i already got my tax return and spent it. bills and such.. bought my plane ticket with it and some other misc. shit.

oh and to be on topic i used turbo tax and got back a little under a grand which was about 300 bucks more than last year. say word.

not every body is gettin that money. i got a letter. im stoked mainly cause i maight get it right before i go on vacation. i already got my tax return and spent it. bills and such.. bought my plane ticket with it and some other misc. shit.

oh and to be on topic i used turbo tax and got back a little under a grand which was about 300 bucks more than last year. say word.

i heard everyone that made over 6 g's last yr will be getting that check.

theres a bunch of "disclaimers" on that letter though.

taken from the letter:

"In addition, individuals cannot receive a payment if they can be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer or if they filed a 2007 Form 1040NR, 1040NR-EZ, 1040-PR, or 1040-SS."

Though if you are a dependent (if your mom and/or dad or guardian claimed you on their taxes) you may get $300 through them. but not $600.