Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TreSixO

Asshole Cops : V.197378436746.3

So I got home yesterday and there was a ticket on my car - Im like hell naw because its parked legally in front of my house and I figured it was a ticket for having an abandoned car (my car is the piece of shit style caprice that people always leave abandoned on the city...) but it was for Expired registration (which just expired in JAN)

Its only a 10$ ticket if I mail it in within 45 days, but Im like fuck that - the crack dealer at the apartments next door just moved out so the smokers who use to be all up in the lots aznd alleys all moved 3 blocks down for the most part - pigs cant just cruse down and see someone hitting a stem like they always do here to make their quota, so they ticket my car for an offence that as far as I understand, is only illegal if I drive it - if you dont have metered parking in front of your house then you have specific parking rights here and can even legally shoot someone in self defence on the sidewalk in front of your house if they are fucking with your car because both your car and the parking space are considered your property here... and its not illegal to own unregistered cars, its just illegal to drive them on non-private property

So I call my lawyer the next day and hes like "I dont know about the specifics of that minor traffic code, what did they list it as?"

At the very bottom the box is checked "All Other Offenses" (10$)

the blank that says "offense" has "expired tags" written on it"

below that there is a space that says "code" where they have to write the code... it just says "Jan 2008" (when my tags expire)

So hes like "Yeah thats not filled out right... but I can tell you my fees are gonna be more than ten dollars..." I could have bothered him to look into it more but he has way better and more important things to work on than my petty ass 10$ ticket, and I respect that - he just says call him if I get another one because then thats harrassment and something wiorth his time

Thing is they have it set up where you can A)pay the ticket within 45 days for ten bucks

b)request a hearing date within 30 days... which is what I would do, but if you lose then you have to pay court fees that are from 45$-150$...

or C) do nothing like I always do and have it increased to 62$, that I will have to pay in 6 months when I try and get my license back legit

I would have normally just thrown the fucking thing away, but Im gonna have to pay 62$ later because Im actually trying to get in good standing and get my license back and I already paid 850$ of the fines to avoid having my proibation revoked and get off it, which was like 3 weeks ago... so Im obviously pissed

So what should I do? Pay the measly 10$?

Go to court and waste my time and possibly catch a contempt charge because im a lazy ass and will probably oversleep, plus I dont have a license and would probably have to take a cab at least one way there - basically I know I can beat it but its gonna be a pain in the ass and cost me at least 10$ because the bus here sucks)

say fuck it and let it sit in the drawers with the others?

Sit on the rooftop and hit the pig with the cal, or possibly a molotofv, when he does another sweep? Because ytou know, 10$ is some shit you gotta keep it gutta on.

Start the revolution and make him an example?

anyways so this guy comes on tv who runs this site

http://www.wheretofindparking.com/

Hes erik Feder and you can pay 20$ to have a 15 minute phone conversation and have him tell you a bunch of crap

http://www.wheretofindparking.com/view/subscription.aspx?intChild=0&cityid=12

erik_feder_in_the__act-thumb.jpg

FUCKING REGISTER YOUR CAR YA FUCKING DUMBASS! Pay the fucking 10$ and stop wasting space if your tags are expired you deserve a ticket...wtf...

They can take your car if it's unregistered. Even if it's in your driveway.

You didn't know that?

I'm surprized it's only $10.

Just pay the lousy $10 and get your shit registered.

Or if you're trying to prove some point you could always drop even more money on fighting it, but you'll probably lose.

actually im kinda glad I got tipped off because Im sure I would have forgot - I dont have my car registered to where I live so its kinda trickey - and I dont have a license - but i drive like 3 times a week

really I was just wondering what other people would do

Im obviously gonna pay it and get it registered

They can take your car if it's unregistered. Even if it's in your driveway.

You didn't know that?

I'm surprized it's only $10.

Just pay the lousy $10 and get your shit registered.

Or if you're trying to prove some point you could always drop even more money on fighting it, but you'll probably lose.

how is that legal???

If I own something its allowed to sit anywhere I want it to, as long as I own the space its occupying

For instance - say I'm building a car and working on it in my driveway. Once it gets to the point its drivable they can tow it away because its unregistered?

FUCK THAT!

Its only a 10$ ticket if I mail it in within 45 days, but Im like fuck that - the crack dealer at the apartments next door just moved out so the smokers who use to be all up in the lots aznd alleys all moved 3 blocks down for the most part - pigs cant just cruse down and see someone hitting a stem like they always do here to make their quota, so they ticket my car for an offence that as far as I understand, is only illegal if I drive it - if you dont have metered parking in front of your house then you have specific parking rights here and can even legally shoot someone in self defence on the sidewalk in front of your house if they are fucking with your car because both your car and the parking space are considered your property here... and its not illegal to own unregistered cars, its just illegal to drive them on non-private property

slideshow-3.jpg

HOW HARD IS IT TO USE A FUCKING PERIOD?!

Yeah thats probably waaay different in Philly than down south...

theres a million rednecks with cars on blocks in their yards

West nashville is like a trans am graveyard

how is that legal???

If I own something its allowed to sit anywhere I want it to, as long as I own the space its occupying

For instance - say I'm building a car and working on it in my driveway. Once it gets to the point its drivable they can tow it away because its unregistered?

FUCK THAT!

It might depend on the municipality, but you'd be surprised what the fuck they can get away with.

You don't actually own shit in this country.

slideshow-3.jpg

HOW HARD IS IT TO USE A FUCKING PERIOD?!

oh shit

you must have my macID

how did you know?

with all the tickets ive had i could be a paralegal.

its $10 so you must seriously be hurtin.

but basically you get your car registered, bring in the paperwork, receipt,

and maybe even a picture of your beater with its brand new sticker on it.

they will dismiss the ticket

but you will have to pay for gas, drive to the court house, sit and wait around an hour,

miss work = more than $10

you<everyone else

Nigga why you bitching about a 10 dollar ticket?

I paid the city of Boston 2000 dollars in tickets a couple months ago.

And yes, about 250 were for the expired sticker.

10 dollars man, for fucks sake.

i tried to renew my license today.

i can not do it until i pay a $800 speeding ticket i got in california in 2001.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now