Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seeking

mac leopard users

ive got a copy of leopard infront of me...

is it really worth upgrading from 10.4?

i just dont want to deal with reinputting serial numbers for half my programs and shit like that.

anyone?

There are some shiny upgrades to the OS but unless you're really wowed by Time Machine... there's not much reason to upgrade. I only did because I'm a nerd...

i had it but then i switched it back to 10.4.x. running azureus made it extremely slow, even to do simple shit like finding files. my machine's not even a year old and it can't run it properly. i don't remember having to re input serials on CS3 or games though.

Seeking if you dont want it I'll fucking take it. But only because Im running 10.2.

I have it. PM me.

my never ending need for new shit, along with my total boredom and disinterest in going out into the snow is making it difficult to not install this shit.

please tell me why i should not do it.

There you go, seeking.

BECAUSE GLIKS SAID SO.

Seriously, it's not that big of an improvement unless you have a very new machine (at least within the past year or so). Even then, the only material advantages I noticed were Stacks (multiple desktops) and Time Machine...which is actually pretty damn cool, if you are a slacker when it comes to making backups. Besides that, I didn't notice anything too spectacular.

If you have an old machine, then it's more like a step back performance-wise because it uses a shit ton of resources.

If you are going to do it, I highly suggest that you stuff as much RAM into your computer as you can afford, because you'll need it.

my never ending need for new shit, along with my total boredom and disinterest in going out into the snow is making it difficult to not install this shit.

please tell me why i should not do it.

do it and then send it to me..

macbook

2 ghz intelcore 2 duo

2gb ram

i dont back shit up ever, and i'd like to. time machine seems cool. multiple desktops sounds awesome too, although i dont know anything about them.

Stacks is great, and the 'work spaces' are so useful

very nice aesthetic upgrade, and visually more coherent. The os looks amazing.

ummm...why didnt someone tell me that none of my unsanity haxies would work with this shit?

im annoyed as shit now. ha.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO THIS SHIT. IT'S BOOTY.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now