Shepard swindles from VICE

mental invalid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember I was at this party/artshow, and somebody handed Shepard Fairey a blackbook and a marker, and asked him to hit his black book, and he got confused and was like "I don't really do the graff thing" and then he pulls out a sticker and slaps it in his blackbook. It was that "anti-Iraq War" sticker that says "Greetings From Iraq". Then he signed his signature underneath.

SHEPARD FAIRY IS AN ART FAG, WITH NO GRAFFITTI SENSE WHAT SO EVER, ANYONE CAN DO A PAST IT OR A CUT OUT..FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG

i don't think he's ever gone for that "graffiti sense." that is if your talking about style and letter structure. from what i've seen, he's also been pretty respectful when it comes to going over other's work. i love how when he was doing everything DIY, people we're cool with him. you didn't really hear to many people shit on his work. then with the late 90's boom of "street art" (stencils, stickers, pasters), you have everyone yelling "art fag" and hating. it's funny how graffiti artist can act like pompus bitches, when in actuality, that's the trait everyone hates in real "art fags."