Stay High 149

Joker

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 year later...

I was at the show Bio references in his letter and concur with everything he says. I would like to point out a couple of facts that are irrefutable and should put this matter to rest. When Luis walked into that show he introduced himself as Stay High 149. It was during Wayne's 20 year absence so there was no reason to share the credit with him at the time. Now that Wayne's back and remembered by so many he has no choice. Wayne had already been pictured in NY Magazine in 1973. Luis is Spanish but that photo depicted a black man. Another fact regarding Luis's claim of writing name with number graff in 66-68 is impossible. It didn't exist. If no photos of his tag from those years exists wouldn't one tag, any tag with a name and number anywhere in NYC have survived in a photo even if by accident? It's not like either of these guys are fighting over a winning lottery ticket. Wayne deserves to own his legacy and sell his work . His very existence depends on it. 5 people emailed me about Luis's video since I interview Wayne at the end. I am just trying to distance myself from any connection to Luis's claim.

Sincerely,

J.SON/TERROR161

• 2 weeks later...

he came to orlando and opened up a graff store then tried to use his name(stay high) to do events and get sponsership he was called out be some real writers and it seems to me he was black listed and nobody fucked wit him then moverd i think hes in puerto rico now he told me the stories and theydidnt seem to be real deal i was told he was trying to get his shine on be for the real stay high dies( he might have had a health issue of some sort )

kind of a doosh bag but what ever a got a couple of free cans just to sit there and listen to the bullshit... i say many people has had the same name who ever makes it known and respected owns it

• 3 months later...

OK I will tell you guys a true story right here right now. Luis is the fake StayHigh 149!

Back in the days when there was no photography internet etc. this guy went somewhere and seen a real "Stay High 149" tag downtown.

He figgured hey I'm gonna go to my block and "become" Stay High! So he did a few tags pieces around his way mimicking the real Stay High. Luis quit after a year or so and went on with his life.

The real Stay High disappears for 20 years or so, since he's missing Luis once again resurfaces this time not for fame but with the intention of making money from the canvas scene and being a real "ol school king".

He moved to Orlando during the real estate boom (got paid some good money from selling his house). In Orlando he wasn't doing anything so he decided hey what the heck! I'm gonna be a famous guy out here and get paid $$$$. So he opened a graff shop playing off his fame.

It was then that the "Real Stay High 149" resurfaced again. He panicked worrying about what he was gonna do so he concocted the bullshit story he was telling everyone that he was the original etc.

Long story this Idiot and Imbecile of a human being got busted, real writers kind of knew the truth but wasn't so sure, but eventually due to the appearance of the real Stay High 149 his game was up. His store in Orlando went belly up and he went broke. Lost everything and went back to Puerto Rico to live with his parents.

This guy is a disgrace to the graff game. I don't even know how he can show his face.

p.s. I know this prick personally and this is a true story. Homie think people in Puerto Rico are stupid too! He running that same story over there and trying to open another graff shop.

OK I will tell you guys a true story right here right now. Luis is the fake StayHigh 149!

Back in the days when there was no photography internet etc. this guy went somewhere and seen a real "Stay High 149" tag downtown.

He figgured hey I'm gonna go to my block and "become" Stay High! So he did a few tags pieces around his way mimicking the real Stay High. Luis quit after a year or so and went on with his life.

The real Stay High disappears for 20 years or so, since he's missing Luis once again resurfaces this time not for fame but with the intention of making money from the canvas scene and being a real "ol school king".

He moved to Orlando during the real estate boom (got paid some good money from selling his house). In Orlando he wasn't doing anything so he decided hey what the heck! I'm gonna be a famous guy out here and get paid $$$$. So he opened a graff shop playing off his fame.

It was then that the "Real Stay High 149" resurfaced again. He panicked worrying about what he was gonna do so he concocted the bullshit story he was telling everyone that he was the original etc.

Long story this Idiot and Imbecile of a human being got busted, real writers kind of knew the truth but wasn't so sure, but eventually due to the appearance of the real Stay High 149 his game was up. His store in Orlando went belly up and he went broke. Lost everything and went back to Puerto Rico to live with his parents.

This guy is a disgrace to the graff game. I don't even know how he can show his face.

p.s. I know this prick personally and this is a true story. Homie think people in Puerto Rico are stupid too! He running that same story over there and trying to open another graff shop.

This brought a smile to my face... Fuck Luis and his false claims!!!! He should write Stay Fake 247 :mad:

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I started Writin' in Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn, NY. in 1970.

When my friends and I decided to go All City in 1971, Stay High "149"

was probably the most prolific Writer of the day, and I recall meeting

Wayne at the Writers Bench at the 149th St. subway station in the Bronx.

The SH 149 I met that day, and the SH 149 / "VOICE OF THE GHETTO"

that everyone knew was Wayne.

The SH 149 that I went hittin' with at the Kingston Avenue layup in Brooklyn,

was Wayne.

Nuff said. Ya dig?

MICO

http://micoaslatinpride.com/

• 9 months later...