SKATEBOARD ART

earl broclo ESQ

I searched the thread, but didn't find one about this. I know there probably was one, so don't jump down my throat for doing this. Basically, I felt there should be a thread in here for skateboard art. It was a huge influence on me, and i'm curious to see what other's were inspired by as well.

ron chatman

image268.jpg

this board kicked ass:

image129.jpg

the stick-o-rama (came with a bag of stickers to design your own graphic with)

image266.jpg

chris pastras:

image253.jpg

image254.jpg

duneindustrialtop.jpg

Todd Congelliere

image169.jpg

Ray Barbee:

image123.jpg

Jeremy Fish's rendition of Jim Thiebaud's classic graphic:

real_quit.jpg

Sean Sheffey:

sheffey1934.jpg

simplistic styles:

decks_09.jpg

skateboard art:

shyaa_2.1.jpg

fish1.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd like to see mostly art on skateboards themselves. wether it be mass produced board graphics, or just skateboards that were painted like the bottom two images. those jeremy fish ones, on the bottom, are actually carved out of skateboards. the top part is obviously the carved section. if i'm wrong about that, sorry. i couldn't find a better photo to represent this.

whats funny is that as much as i fucking love everything about the gonz, rarely am i feeling his art.except for the stuff like the examples below, that old vision and blind style, when he was really drawing cartoons, instead of that kid art style hes got now.

all the krooked stuff, 90% of it, i wouldnt give a fuck about, except for the fact that everything else he does is awesome, so i give the new art a hall pass.if anyone else in the world drew it, id be like, thats garbage.

image48.jpg

a1f4_1.jpg

this is on ebay right now, its a complete too. i want it bad. i need to win the lottery.

90c4_1.jpg

krooked re released this graphic but i like the original colorways ive seen alot better

/yesnerdo

whats funny is that as much as i fucking love everything about the gonz, rarely am i feeling his art.except for the stuff like the examples below, that old vision and blind style, when he was really drawing cartoons, instead of that kid art style hes got now.

i'll agree with you on that. some of his newer stuff is funny due to the material, but doesn't really stand up to the older shit.

when it comes to childish art:

image100.jpg

image99.jpg

image101.jpg

i always liked these boards. the 3rd isn't so childish.

• 2 weeks later...
i'll agree with you on that. some of his newer stuff is funny due to the material, but doesn't really stand up to the older shit.

when it comes to childish art:

image100.jpg

image99.jpg

image101.jpg

i always liked these boards. the 3rd isn't so childish.

the bottom board there i have a very similar one in my house.

i'll take a picture and post it when i post some other ones i find.