Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
earl broclo ESQ

SKATEBOARD ART

I searched the thread, but didn't find one about this. I know there probably was one, so don't jump down my throat for doing this. Basically, I felt there should be a thread in here for skateboard art. It was a huge influence on me, and i'm curious to see what other's were inspired by as well.

ron chatman

image268.jpg

this board kicked ass:

image129.jpg

the stick-o-rama (came with a bag of stickers to design your own graphic with)

image266.jpg

chris pastras:

image253.jpg

image254.jpg

duneindustrialtop.jpg

Todd Congelliere

image169.jpg

Ray Barbee:

image123.jpg

Jeremy Fish's rendition of Jim Thiebaud's classic graphic:

real_quit.jpg

Sean Sheffey:

sheffey1934.jpg

simplistic styles:

decks_09.jpg

skateboard art:

shyaa_2.1.jpg

fish1.jpg

i'd like to see mostly art on skateboards themselves. wether it be mass produced board graphics, or just skateboards that were painted like the bottom two images. those jeremy fish ones, on the bottom, are actually carved out of skateboards. the top part is obviously the carved section. if i'm wrong about that, sorry. i couldn't find a better photo to represent this.

Big impact on young eyes

DC_StaabScientist_S.jpg

DC_JesseeRI_S.jpg

DC_ObrienReaper_S.jpg

DC_GonzalesPro_S.jpg

wingedripper.jpg

ratbones.jpg

screaminghand-tee.gif

natas_panther2.jpg

slasher.jpg

hensley.jpg

koston.jpg

steverocco.jpg

More later ... good idea for a thread !!!

I didn't think of stickers, good call.

mike smith started Liberty skateboards around the same time Rocco started World Industries. it's been way too long for me to remember, but check the similarities in that last sticker, with this board:

image173.jpg

and dude, that corey o'brian board was the shit!

girl.gif

basically just google jim phillips. that will save me alot of time posting. but good thread idea anyway.

neil blender too.

there was this issue of road rash skate comic by phillips and his crew on ebay a while ago. i wanted that shit bad but i slept on it, and it got gone.

SB7SB2

SB3SB4

SB5SB6

Its not for everybody, but I always appreciated the cold and clinical sharp clean

design of the Alien Workshop decks. It's quality work from a graphic design

perspective, and I still have much love for the hand drawn kings like Andy Howell,

Mike Giant, etc.

i'm a huge fan of don pendleton's work.

i'm an even bigger fan of mike giant. all around style master, and from what i read, seems like a down to earth solid human being.

ap303_470ef0ccb7f40.jpg

zy_giant_collab_1.jpg

i can't find any of the think boards --but that's some newer stuff.

this is the sickest thread ever I have some super old 80's Airwalk Stickers that I should flick and post later... sickest thread ever!

someone needs to post some oldschool mark gonzales shit

air%20fresh.JPG

whats funny is that as much as i fucking love everything about the gonz, rarely am i feeling his art.except for the stuff like the examples below, that old vision and blind style, when he was really drawing cartoons, instead of that kid art style hes got now.

all the krooked stuff, 90% of it, i wouldnt give a fuck about, except for the fact that everything else he does is awesome, so i give the new art a hall pass.if anyone else in the world drew it, id be like, thats garbage.

image48.jpg

a1f4_1.jpg

this is on ebay right now, its a complete too. i want it bad. i need to win the lottery.

90c4_1.jpg

krooked re released this graphic but i like the original colorways ive seen alot better

/yesnerdo

whats funny is that as much as i fucking love everything about the gonz, rarely am i feeling his art.except for the stuff like the examples below, that old vision and blind style, when he was really drawing cartoons, instead of that kid art style hes got now.

i'll agree with you on that. some of his newer stuff is funny due to the material, but doesn't really stand up to the older shit.

when it comes to childish art:

image100.jpg

image99.jpg

image101.jpg

i always liked these boards. the 3rd isn't so childish.

second one is dope. lance has this stuff where he paints those little characters on swimming pool tiles. i dont have time to find it now but they are pretty cool.

jim.jpg

phillips

and this is my budding neil blender sticker collection. once i started collecting these i was geeked but i havent seen a new one since

IMG_2936.jpg

Hey im painting a board, any tips?

I primed it and i applied gesso on it...

I will be using acrylics,

to finish it off, my bro can either spray lacquer or some car clear coating,

any recommendations?

any recommendations?

if you're painting completes, and don't want to fuck up --go with what you're doing. if you've got snapped decks, and don't care, i recommend hitting it with a can of glossy paint. a solid layer of that, and paint markers work fine.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now