Ralph Nader to run for President

Ferris Bueller

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

he does it for one of two reasons:

1. He is getting kickbacks from the repub party to split dem and independent voters from Obama.

2. He is an old narcissistic retard who can't see past the fact that his entire platform has already been built into our society's projected path (the current and developing green movement, while old to many it can clearly be said to have reached a new level of integration and implementation within developing societal infrastructures).

I think it is the latter of the two. Simplest answer is that he is old, crazy and irrelevant.

If people aren't bright enough to see that this man no longer matters then they might as well vote for McCain.

Mr Nader denied he was seeking to be a spoiler candidate - and accused the main parties of "political bigotry".

This is rich. The sad thing is that he's probably going to run as a Green again.

Ralph Nader is sort of a phenomenon. The Neocons like him for his capacity to split the liberal vote, but hate the fact that, for the most part, he's right.

The Liberals like him for all the times that he "stuck it to the man", but they all wish that he'd just stick to writing books because he has a tendency to draw attention away from their more moderate (read- likely to win) candidates.

As far as wacky perennial candidates, I'd say that John McCain is definitely in that category. Lyndon LaRouche and Jesse Jackson are a couple of other goofballs that seem to not get the point, either..

he does it for one of two reasons:

1. He is getting kickbacks from the repub party to split dem and independent voters from Obama.

2. He is an old narcissistic retard who can't see past the fact that his entire platform has already been built into our society's projected path (the current and developing green movement, while old to many it can clearly be said to have reached a new level of integration and implementation within developing societal infrastructures).

I think it is the latter of the two. Simplest answer is that he is old, crazy and irrelevant.

If people aren't bright enough to see that this man no longer matters then they might as well vote for McCain.

Except that part of the reason that his platform is being incorporated into the future may be partially because of him. Also, how easily we can be knocked off the path if situations change? And considering we live in a county with no real third parties, those that advocates what he does may disappear in the corporate sponsored mess that is the dominant parties. His ideas are being taken up en masse in Europe, but here we are in danger of forgetting about them in the US.

The fact is that this guy has done more to change this country than the other candidates have up until this point. Consumer protections that we enjoy now were pushed by him and his organization relentlessly in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I don't see corporate influence over the candidates letting up anytime soon, so Nader happens to be necessary.

Think about it, when it comes to domestic policy, the only way Bush and Clinton differed is in sexual politics. Other than that, it's the same old shit. Clinton actually had a huge impact to fucking our asses by letting more deregulation of the media go through, joining the WTO, welfare reform, you name it. And his consistently favoring economic imperialism may have made the military imperialism of Bush possible.

So until the major parties decide to change a little faster, Nader will stay. He is a narcissistic old fuck, but we only think that because he is supposedly being selfish by running and ruining the chances of the democrats. They are all narcissistic fucks in politics, why else would they choose to do this job?

As for voting for McCain, we'll see what happens. I'm not going to completely compromise my idealism just for pragmatism. The world changes sometimes in fits and starts, rather than gradually, usually in response to some kind of disaster. Think of the changes that the Black Death brought about in Europe, or the discovery of America? I can't see what the next thing will be from where I am sitting, but I hope it helps somehow.

Shit man, that's quite a rant.

This country would've been so much better off had Nader not run in 2000, and Gore won.

9/11 would've still happened, but the reaction to it would've been much wiser. There'd be no occupation of Iraq, although there would probably be troops Afghanistan. There would've been no rejection of the Kyoto Treaty given Gore's environmentalist position. America would be more well-liked around the globe, and much of the billions of dollars poured into Iraq would be used for domestic infrastructure. New jobs for clean/green industry would've been generated to boost economies in regions that are currently afflicted (what Hillary Clinton dubbed "green collar jobs"). What a shame. Probably beating a dead horse... however I doubt Nader will have any effect in determining the outcome in this election, just as he didn't in 2004.

This country would've been so much better off had Nader not run in 2000, and Gore won.

9/11 would've still happened, but the reaction to it would've been much wiser. There'd be no occupation of Iraq, although there would probably be troops Afghanistan. There would've been no rejection of the Kyoto Treaty given Gore's environmentalist position. America would be more well-liked around the globe, and much of the billions of dollars poured into Iraq would be used for domestic infrastructure. New jobs for clean/green industry would've been generated to boost economies in regions that are currently afflicted (what Hillary Clinton dubbed "green collar jobs"). What a shame. Probably beating a dead horse... however I doubt Nader will have any effect in determining the outcome in this election, just as he didn't in 2004.

I've never seen any solid evidence that Nadar cost Gore the election, only CW bullshit.

i have a feeling most of you hating on nader have been sucked into a vortex of spin and not facts. do some research from BOTH sides of the argument first, i think you'll find it's rather inconclusive and based more on butt hurt feelings. it's certainly not rock solid from the research i've seen.

personally i'm a fan of nader, despite his flaws(which are pretty cosmetic anyhow). he's got bigger balls than every candidate, except for maybe kucinich(who incidentally was banned from the first democratic debates by the wonderful corpo's at nbc), and what he brings to the table in terms of issues blows every candidate out of the water.

I just think he is fooling himself.

much like ron paul.

i mean i think the dude is bright and did lots of great things, he just don't matter anymore, thats all.

my comment about voting for mccain was more so about wasting ones vote.

if this country elects mccain, im just bouncing. big duece to america at that point.

^yeah but didnt the communist party have more than 600?

seriously thats a sad cop-out anyway.

not trying to argue with you theo.. im just sick of hearing that excuse.

i basically agree with larry pubes.

both parties suck..and odds are mccain will be president.

i still dont know who ide vote for because basically any vote for a dem is a throwaway in my opinion..they dont represent me or my beliefs and i dont see how they could actually win this election. but that doesnt mean vote for nader..although i like what he has done.

theres a good chance im voting for santa clause but then again i could be a convicted felon by then and have no vote.

wherever this discussion goesa i dont have the energy to get angry over elections anymore the last two wiped me out..ill stick to being mad at my cat when he pees in the bathtub.

he is a good boy though and strong, he killed my neighbors peice of shit dog.

ive got him on all canned food now with the occassional home cooked meal.

his name is tacho he is an ocicat..claws and un-nuetered..killing machine.

was this about cats?

i could go on..

Well I think Gore lost Florida (the "deciding" state) by about 600 votes. Nader had close to a hundred thousand votes in that state.

that assumes that those who voted for Nader would have voted at all in lieu of voting for him, and if they had voted, that they would have voted for Gore. I have never seen any evidence for that.

Let's put it this way, if Nader was a candidate for the democratic nomination with the same platform he has now, but the same number of delegates as Obama, would you vote for him? In other words, is the problem only that he doesn't have a chance? If so, that's pretty sad, don't you think?

I just think he is fooling himself.

much like ron paul.

i mean i think the dude is bright and did lots of great things, he just don't matter anymore, thats all.

my comment about voting for mccain was more so about wasting ones vote.

if this country elects mccain, im just bouncing. big duece to america at that point.

He doesn't fool himself in thinking he has a chance to win, which I assume you are not referring to. But even you said that his ideas are part of an inevitable future paradigm, and the same can definitely not be said of Paul.

True on McCain, I think I'll loose the last bit of faith in America if that happens.

True on McCain, I think I'll loose the last bit of faith in America if that happens.

This election is my experiment to test whether or not I even want to engage in political activity.

The last two elections, the first of which I was not able to vote in, and the second in which they failed to send an absentee ballot even though I requested one, showed us a president placed in power by court appointment (2000) and an election where the country was too stupid to know better (2004). If America wants me to have anything to do with it after this election, they damn well better show me they are not complete fucking retards.

I am not voting in this election by choice. Yes, it is so I can say "well I didn't elect that fuck."

All you kids can blast me all you want about not being patriotic and participating in the system I am supposed to be upholding, but really, the system being upheld is nothing which you profess to vote for.

If they elect the young black man, I am in. If they elect the old white folk, I am out.

Plain and simple.

I was watching the debate tonight and Obama, even though he's full of a lot of shit like most of the other candidates, has an inspiring attitude about certain subjects. He was speaking about healthcare, and he talked very specifically about the mistakes that he though Hillary had made. They were a failure to involve certain politicians, who as a practical matter, happened to be necessary at the time for anything to get done. Then he said something even more interesting, he said that Clinton failed because she believed she had to fight. The truest thing I've heard him say yet...

Obama has one great quality, he is just young enough and conceded enough to think that he can actually do something by getting people to agree. I like that. Then I heard him dance around campaign finance and I wanted to blow up his head. Why do those motherfuckers have to talk so much shit? At least they could wink at me to let me know that they're doing it for the election, not for reals.

You have no idea how much I wish that just a fraction of the obnoxious shitheads who said this in 2000, 04, and every opportunity since then, and then couldnt be troubled to get off the fucking couch for 15 minutes to vote, would just follow through and get out of my country. Go get citizenship in euroland, they already have all of the social programs obama/clinton are promising you so it must be great there. First try to get a work permit, and if you can, just wait until you see the 50sq ft bachelor pad you get after 50% of your income is skullfucked by their tax system (to pay for their inefficient and generally useless social programs). But don't worry, you will really get your moneys worth when you finally get into the doctors office after a 3 month waiting period to get that rash checked out which resulted from your encounter with a newly arrived slavic working girl (who ripped you off since you still dont understand the euro-dollar conversion rate.) And have fun dodging fiat unos on your vespa, in the winter.

You have no idea how much I wish that just a fraction of the obnoxious shitheads who said this in 2000, 04, and every opportunity since then, and then couldnt be troubled to get off the fucking couch for 15 minutes to vote, would just follow through and get out of my country. Go get citizenship in euroland, they already have all of the social programs obama/clinton are promising you so it must be great there. First try to get a work permit, and if you can, just wait until you see the 50sq ft bachelor pad you get after 50% of your income is skullfucked by their tax system (to pay for their inefficient and generally useless social programs). But don't worry, you will really get your moneys worth when you finally get into the doctors office after a 3 month waiting period to get that rash checked out which resulted from your encounter with a newly arrived slavic working girl (who ripped you off since you still dont understand the euro-dollar conversion rate.) And have fun dodging fiat unos on your vespa, in the winter.

do you not have the capacity to read through the whole thread before you respond?

Is your shining brilliance so awesome and bright that it blocks out the logic I laid out maybe four posts later?

suck it trabek

You are probably right, I just skim posts on crossfire because if I read all of the idiotic shit you guys write on here/actually believe my head might explode. So be a dear and lets clarify, is it that you attempted to vote and then FAIL? Or that you aren’t going to try to vote this time around, so when you are complaining about who is elected you can say “yeah man I didn’t vote at all in the election so its not my fault, oh wait actually it is my fault since voting is the process which determines who is elected and I intentionally didn’t participate, oh man im such a fucking retard I should go jump off the empire state building now.” I mean, you do realize that you can still say “I didn’t elect that fuck” by voting for the other fuck, right? sorry if I have been harshing your mellow brosef.