Hipster, are you a....

bodice_ripper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wordsmif-

DAO is so tough he eats Chuck Norrises and shits Kimbo Slices. So, if I were you I would beg for DAO's forgiveness...you could start by paying him homage by allowing your sister to suck his massive, uncircumcised member while tears of gratitude stream down your face. That would be a good first step.

Bodice, I remember you from back in the day. You're not a hipster, because you don't take yourself too seriously. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, roll with that.

whenever i go to hipster parties i feel really fat

sometimes (depending on

what kind of mood I am in) the thought of being

a tad bit overweight crosses my mind

whenever I am surrounded

by a mass amount of hips

but then I realize I dont really care

because sticks are a tad bit overrated.

chunk adds character.

whenever i go to hipster parties i feel really fat

Whenever I go to hipster parties I feel like King Kong.

Snatching cups like "What!" and butting in line at the keg to get my free beer on.

Vandalizing and pillaging whatever me and my boys want.

Actually I'm getting old now. That was more like a few years ago.

Whenever people call me a hipster I tell them to fuck off.

I wear jeans, hiking boots, and the same black sweater I've had for a year. On the other hand, I have a beard, glasses, and a lot of curly hair. However, the hipsters I see usually look like a color-blind retard dresses them in the morning after hitting a bowl of leak.

I hate PBR and cocaine, I don't smoke and I can't afford to constantly update my wardrobe. Art shows bore me, graffiti bores me, and people who cling to either scene are pretty pathetic, IMO.

I WILL fuck their women, though. They're usually using fashion and a funky attitude to compensate for their low self-esteem, which makes them ripe for the picking.

props. i'm like 1/3 hipster, my self esteem isnt low enough to go all the way. you're spot on though

I'm sure you know what's up Ayebee. :biglaugh:

Yeah man, you know me haha

Actually though, I try to avoid hipster parties. And college parties. And hood parties. I like parties to have a real good mix of people in general

My parties are always mad crazy to look at...when you get up the stairs the staircase is always filled with graffiti writing scumbags, all huddled around eachother high/drunk as fuck. When you enter the house there's usually a congregation of some skateboarding kids. Off in the firts side room you have all the potheads, then the main area of the kitchen is filled with drunk, slutty white girls. Moving towards my roomates room you start to encounter a few higher class darkies, then once you actually enter his room it's filled with all my Damu homies and a buncha hoodrats.

Just wandering around the place drunk and watching how people interact is hilarious to me

Yeah man, you know me haha

Actually though, I try to avoid hipster parties. And college parties. And hood parties. I like parties to have a real good mix of people in general

My parties are always mad crazy to look at...when you get up the stairs the staircase is always filled with graffiti writing scumbags, all huddled around eachother high/drunk as fuck. When you enter the house there's usually a congregation of some skateboarding kids. Off in the firts side room you have all the potheads, then the main area of the kitchen is filled with drunk, slutty white girls. Moving towards my roomates room you start to encounter a few higher class darkies, then once you actually enter his room it's filled with all my Damu homies and a buncha hoodrats.

Just wandering around the place drunk and watching how people interact is hilarious to me

Sounds like quite a few parties I've been to over the years.

Bodice, I remember you from back in the day. You're not a hipster, because you don't take yourself too seriously. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, roll with that.

I dunno, seems like I might be. I listen to Bright Eyes, The Decemberists and The Dandy Warhols. I'm bisexual, I've been to art college, I tattoo, I drink a lot of red wine, i'm only five foot tall, and I play bass in a mopey folk band.

Having said that, I'm strictly plain jeans, a black band t shirt and a black hoodie, for like the last 12 years.

And I'm no emo, that shit is just getting out of control over here, I mean really, how do you convince that many allegedly straight guys to dress that faggy?

I dunno, seems like I might be. I listen to Bright Eyes, The Decemberists and The Dandy Warhols. I'm bisexual, I've been to art college, I tattoo, I drink a lot of red wine, i'm only five foot tall, and I play bass in a mopey folk band.

Having said that, I'm strictly plain jeans, a black band t shirt and a black hoodie, for like the last 12 years.

And I'm no emo, that shit is just getting out of control over here, I mean really, how do you convince that many allegedly straight guys to dress that faggy?

If it's keeping you up at night....

-Music. To step your game, add the Brian Jonestown Massacre, any band with Ian Sveonius (The Make Up, Scene Creamers, Nation Of Ulysses) Neutral Milk Hotel, Iron And Wine, The Postal Service, and Rocket From The Crypt to the list and you can be a serious music snob. (Actually, those are all bands I listen to.)

-Bisexual- Most women are, think they are, or wish they are. Since I don't know you, I'll just have to take your word for it. Another sort of check.

-Art school. My ex-GF went to art school, and had a BFA. She was a waitress. She DID feel that the BFA qualified her to criticize everyone else's art, though. One of the points of contention in our relationship was that I (with no formal art training) got invited to be in several art shows in the two years we were together, while she got...to be a waitress. I'll say check, but there's a qualifier on this since you apply your art skill as a...

-...Tattoo artist. Are you good? Work in a shop? How many nautical tattoos, stars and owls have you done on skinny white guys lately? Hip, but it's also having the sense to answer the door when opportunity knocks ($$$).

-Red wine. I don't know. Doesn't EVERYBODY in Europe drink red wine? I think it just means that you're a Euro. Vaguely hip, but for what it's worth you're as hip as a 70 year old French grandmother.

-Only five feet tall. If you're Japanese, yeah. Otherwise, you're just short.

-Playing bass in a mopey folk band- That IS pretty hip, no two ways about it.

Sounds like we dress the same. However, emo is one seriously played the fuck out label. I still like Rites Of Spring and Cap'n Jazz, and am decidedly NOT in some teenage target market.

As far as what guys dress like, it's BEEN out of control here (San Francisco). Just wear clothes that fit, for crying out loud. Who convinced them to dress like rough trade? I'll bet fashion magazines, cocaine and pop culture all had a hand in it.

Ultimately, I advise that you do NOT dwell on this issue for much longer, lest your head explode...instead, just listen to "What Is Hip?" by Tower Of Power a couple times. You'll realize it's a age old question, and it's a good song that will put a smile on your face.