Crossroads in my Life (help me out!)

pat-the-baker

I figure i can do painting and decorating for 2 years,

dj on the side to get some extra cash,

and hopefully later in life become a freelance graphic designer,

i have the drive and and nearly certain i can manage it,

some of the most famous entrepenuers/designers/artists dropped out of school

yea good vision, but your still a dumb cunt for not at least getting your GED.

thats the bare fucking minimum you need. its only one more year. man the fuck up and at least finish high school so your not 25 sitting in a classroom full of 17 year olds.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waking up in the morning? that's your argument against dropping out?

what about when all his friends are in their third year of school not making

a goddamn thing, and he's three years into a trade gettin' motherfuckin'

paid...dude could be driving what he wants, and on his way to owning some

property while his friends are still in school.

is your vision for the future like 3 years?? you are a retard my friend.

yea, for the first three years it seems that the kids who didnt go to college had it good. they were getting paid 15 an hour in various jobs, having more financial freedom, while the college kids were stuck in school all day with crappy part time jobs, not having money to blow on apartments and cars.

but then homies start getting out of decent colleges with decent degrees, and they surpass the high school kids within the first few years. i only know ONE kid without a college education that is making decent money, and thats because he sells alot of dope/coke. all the rest have been working at their 15/hr jobs for the last 3 or 4 years, havent moved up the layer cake at all.

always have a plan a, b, and c.

get a degree in something that you can fall back if you decide to go the civil service route or into a trade. try to leave yourself as many options as possible. who knows what the state of affairs in the world will be over the next 10 years and how that will effect the job market.

and yeah, if you don't have a basic education today, good luck!

AT LEAST get an associates degree.

crossroads of life at 17????? try being a flaky loser at 26......do what you love, fuck the rest!!!

Hahaha... shit man, that goes for quite a few of us on here I think..

You want some honest advice kid?

Stop doing graffiti and stop hanging around on message boards with people like us...

Seriously, graffiti will close lots of doors for you later on down the road... And most writers I know are some of the more fucked up people I know... I would say that probably about 80% of writers I know party constantly, have what most people would consider at least 1 substance abuse problem, steal, commit crime on a pretty consistent basis, get in fights, fuck shit up, and are just generally anti social deviants in the eyes of the rest of society..

Next step...

Don't fuck skank bitches... seriously, that will fuck your life up worse than anything else.. Think about it do you really want a kid from some fucking nasty hoe everyone you know has nutted up in?

After that

Go back to school, go to college, borrow lots of money, save the money, learn something interesting, and make money on the side you can save.. Get your fucking degree, and your passport, then split the fuck out of here with whatever money you have saved to somewhere where you can live pretty fucking nicely off a few thousand a year... Also make sure to get a credit card the day you turn 18, buy 1 thing, pay it off, and then cut the thing up so you got fucking excellent credit when you get out of college... That way you can get lots of money from getting as many credit cards as possible to split the country with..

Don't worry they will never find you in some country where you can live nicely off thousands a year.. So you never have to pay back a cent for school or to the credit card agencies...

And the last step...

Is to relax on a beach in some temperate climate for the rest of your life drinking mojitos and smashing all the beautiful women in the country you moved to...

i didnt read through the responses on here so far, but heres my opinion.

stay in school. for real. when i heard that shit all the time when i was in school it always sounded so corny to me but man is it ever true.

i always figured id finish college and all that and shit would pretty much follow the basic guidlines for me. during my first year of college my life got flipped upside down and i ended up homeless and having to drop out. i really wish id kept my shit together and stuck it out. now im just trying to figure out how the hell to go back. being stuck with dead end jobs isnt fun and schooling is the best way around that as far as getting options for yourself. what seems good now and less hassle isnt going to help you in the long run.

and comparing that job to the salary of a teacher isnt saying too much, they dont make good money at all.

its basically a pay off

quit school now, get a short lived jump start and make decent money for the rest of your life.

put in your 4 (most of the time its 6 years now) on the school grind. you will learn some new things, get to see hot chicks everyday, and after its all done you enter the job world with some nice shit on your resume, pretty much garunteeing you a good 40 grand a year with lots of room for improvement.

real cats will go back and get their masters and PHDs, and enter the 100k a year brackett.

Wow if i had a dime for every Thread, nevermind.

Here is some advice fuck school if your kicked out take the Ged you'll pass even if alcohol level is 3 times the legal limit. Go decorate or paint whatever go to junior college they will take your GEd and work on the I.G.E.T.S.I. program to transfer to a top notch college and you will forget you will ever have not gotten a diploma.

poesia has a great point. actually, i did exactly what he is saying. i dropped out and got my GED, which was cake. i went to a state university and got my associates. i then transfered to a 4 year university, which was a waste of my money, which is why i am in a 4 year state university finishing up my degree.

I've worked full time the majority of the time i've been in school, i've also owned my own horrible business too. so, you can hustle and do both work and school. just see what your options are, weigh them out and do your thing. just don't sleep on school, you'll be sorry you do!

not to sound like an echo is a hollow chamber (if that makes sense) but stay the fuck in school homie... when i was 17 i thought fuck why the hell am i in school this shit is a joke. i wanted to dick out of school (nh) and just keep with the job i had at a print shop... well turns out i finished school and went to community college for a year and i still worked that job. glad i moved on because after those three years there i wanted to kill myself coming into work everyday knowing that the rest of my life could very well be this and nothing more. so now i'm sittin in my apartment away at a university with a nationally accredited graphics program making something of my life.

synopsis... stay in school cause its just going through the motions so you wont fuck yourself in the end

There's nothing wrong with working in the trades, and working your way up to getting your journeyman ticket can indeed pay quite well. That being said, don't fall prey to the short term glossy finish of a trades job. If you drop out of high school and start working, sure maybe you'll be making some cash while your friends move on to college, but you'll hit your earnings ceiling VERY quickly. Ie: Making $25-35 an hour might seem fucking fantastic when you're 17, but when you're 35 with a wife, kids, cars, a house and a mortgage, you'll be stretching those dollars hard, and then it's tough to go back to school.

It's high school, man. You only have one fucking year left.. just lay low and stay out of trouble - a year really isn't much time at all. At least get the GED under your belt, and then do whatever the fuck you want. I personally say college is the way to go, but whatever, that's your call. Just don't be a retard and not finish high school. You'll seriously regret it.

There's nothing wrong with working in the trades, and working your way up to getting your journeyman ticket can indeed pay quite well. That being said, don't fall prey to the short term glossy finish of a trades job. If you drop out of high school and start working, sure maybe you'll be making some cash while your friends move on to college, but you'll hit your earnings ceiling VERY quickly. Ie: Making $25-35 an hour might seem fucking fantastic when you're 17, but when you're 35 with a wife, kids, cars, a house and a mortgage, you'll be stretching those dollars hard, and then it's tough to go back to school.

It's high school, man. You only have one fucking year left.. just lay low and stay out of trouble - a year really isn't much time at all. At least get the GED under your belt, and then do whatever the fuck you want. I personally say college is the way to go, but whatever, that's your call. Just don't be a retard and not finish high school. You'll seriously regret it.

all good points.

but i'll say it again, at least get an associates degree. it will definitly open up more doors for you opposed to having just a GED or HS Diploma. many civil service jobs require that you have at least 60 college credits. an associates is about 66, so get the full degree and take it from there.

When I was 17 I dropped out of highschool, painted mass amounts of graffiti, stole alot of shit, started getting into pretty regular beefs, met the girl that would take over the next 2+ years of my life, was having sex about 10 times a day, and working fulltime learning how to open/run a kitchen with no experience or help.

I had maddddddd fuckin fun.

Who says that having a high paying job will make you happy?

If you want my opinion,(which I doubt anybody wants...) I'd say you start thinking about going to an art school of some sort.

Do whatever the fuck you want till the day you die. I guarantee if you do that, you'll be a lot more happy than these knuckleheads that work their hands to the bone at their pitiful 9-5 jobs.

I have so many friends that graduated high school, went to college etc etc etc... and what are they doing today? Worrying about whether or not their children are gonna have food to eat tomorrow, looking for a second job cause they can't find a career related to whatever the fuck they majored in, and all that jazz.

California is such a stupid place to live... we're all so fucked it's not even funny.

Btw, somebody let me move in with you with you, I have a vagina and I'm kinda cool.

:D

i painted for a living, not a long time but it paid me well. then again everything needed painting after Katrina.

but i had a friend when i was in school, had got expelled with 2 months left his senior year. he made the decision to come back and it did him pretty good. but everyones situation is different. if you have jobs lined up to get money, chase that if it can make your living.

When I was 17 I dropped out of highschool, painted mass amounts of graffiti, stole alot of shit, started getting into pretty regular beefs, met the girl that would take over the next 2+ years of my life, was having sex about 10 times a day, and working fulltime learning how to open/run a kitchen with no experience or help.

I had maddddddd fuckin fun.

I should add a disclaimer to this before someone else (most likely Catface) gets a chance to. BLAH BLAH BLAH, DON'T DO WHAT I DID, LOOK HOW I TURNED OUT. :rolleyes: