What Kind Of Cell Phone Do You Have?

Tuff Tone

On 8/14/2018 at 12:51 AM, methamphetamyne said:

Thanks man. What would be the original price as opposed to the new price? I'm really considering the s9/s9+ since a couple of my friends have been really recommending them.

They still haven't dropped the prices but here's what i got from today (8/17/18)...

s9 unlocked:

$720 for 64GB

$770 for 128GB

$840 for 256 GB

s9+ unlocked:

$840 for 64GB

$890 for 128GB

$960 for 266GB

i have no idea what the price drop on these are going to be, but im hoping that they drop by like 15% soon...if i dont see a good price drop i might just wait till black friday....if i dont see anything good by then, I might just get the note 9 if that drops too.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 8/17/2018 at 4:14 PM, CALIgula said:

They still haven't dropped the prices but here's what i got from today (8/17/18)...

s9 unlocked:

$720 for 64GB

$770 for 128GB

$840 for 256 GB

s9+ unlocked:

$840 for 64GB

$890 for 128GB

$960 for 266GB

i have no idea what the price drop on these are going to be, but im hoping that they drop by like 15% soon...if i dont see a good price drop i might just wait till black friday....if i dont see anything good by then, I might just get the note 9 if that drops too.

Geez. Think I'm good with 64GB on the S9+. Either way, I'm gonna upgrade at the end of the month if the prices drop. If not, I'll ask the associates at the store if they know of any price drops. Anyway, thanks Cali.

Edited by methamphetamyne
  • Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the memory upgrade cost between 64 & 128 is a ~$30 ripoff, and the one between 128 & 256 is a $10 savings...  so $20 over on the parts cost,  subtract Chinese factory labor and it's $19.75 profit across memory options assuming consumer prices, likely more for them but the scaling is close.    ? ?

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 3:14 PM, CALIgula said:

17 years...5 phones.

2001-2002 Nokia5110

200px-Nokia_5110.jpg.1dae2674f91b3df50a7eaff30229b172.jpg

2002-2006 Sony Ericsson T206

01_sony-ericsson_t206.jpg.ae3f6e4d19b141321fe9c3d122584ce6.jpg

2006-2008 Nokia 6255i

31ZfDy1VA1L.jpg.d92bd86e2bc580190392d2b02ebb1bcf.jpg

2008-2014 Samsung r450

messager-mpcs_sch-r4501.jpg.8faacdfa52b27cba4c277d986b1a42cc.jpg

2014-Present Samsung s5

92feb9c4-c347-439a-ad19-1876e0ba735c_1.jpg.e6195628edd267bef4a88926c60f592d.jpg

What can I say? I take good care of my shit and don't upgrade until I really need to.

Been on the grind working as much as possible.

Waited for the $200 Black Friday price drop and copped this for $800:

2018-Present Samsung Galaxy Note 9

samsung-galaxy-note-9-use-1161.jpg

Got it a couple of days ago and couldn't be happier.

Yeah, the price point was a bit steep but I figured I might as well treat myself.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm spending a lot of time thinking of getting one of these and just using an IPOD. Connecting IPOD to wifi to download podcasts or Spotify playlists seems satisfactory. Then facing a simple text and call device in pocket. 

Onky reason I haven't made the move is my dependency on GPS 

VJwECCr86wejbeoZaz93ej.jpg

chaplins-punkt-mp-01-mobile-phone-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First phone as a LG flip phone, no clue on the model.

Always been with Verizon, my next phone was the Chocolate.  Got it just in time for an upgrade while my circle still had to wait and get it. Cool phone, mine had no issues.

Upgraded to the Black Berry Storm. I loved the Contact option where the phone was completely silent, but only certain people or group could bypass it.

Moved on to the voyager. Liked the idea of having a kepboard or touch screen as a preference. 

Broke old phone, had to get a quick phone. Bought the Pantech.  Didn't like the touch circle to navigate.

Upgrade came about, got the Moto Razor. Great phone,  durable and tech looking.

Finally came across the Note Series, my first one was the note 2. Been a fan up until the Note 8 (never owned the note 7)

The note 9 didn't get my attention,  neither did the note 10.  So for the longest, I switched series, Now I have the S10+.

I Had the S5 before as a second phone and liked it. Can't really say much about the S10, other than the camera and the small details to separate itself from others (like the rotating light by the camera when taking a picture). I miss my Pen ? Haven't searched for a stylist with a fine point,  thats all I want.  I can go by the other features.  Loving the phone though, haven't used it to its full potential yet.

I've also owned (as a second phone) Iphone 5 and 7, HTC phone, Motorola Droid Turbo, and Pixel 2. Mix feelings between all of them and no, I would never re-own one or try theirs new versions.

I still Favor the Note series and keep up with them. If 11 catches my attention, I will switch in an instant.   The quickest way for me to get it, is if it has a HUD feature (Heads Up Display). I need that in my life. Also, if their Bluetooth Function had the option to bluetooth to many devices, and all the devices would play at the same time (current function only allows multiple hook ups with One Channel output to Source). I want to hook up to my car's stereo while also hooked up to my amp via bluetooth. 

New battery life, camera upgrades, speakers, blah, who cares.  I want to see something new to the Note 11 that is different from the rest of them, not this Pen Harry Potter type shit. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/14/2018 at 10:46 AM, dady said:

No. I don't, but my phone does work with Tmobile sim cards in the states. However, it does not work with Verizon, or Sprint.

I am not familiar with Hauwei and not sure if you can get into the bandwidth service option?  But I have the same issue with my factory unlocked Galaxy s6 that I purchased from someone in the uk with the same issue where Verizon/Sprint sims do not recognize but T-Moilbe sims work just fine.

Like @misteravensaid.  It is probably GSM based.  In order to allow Verizon/Sprint you will have to get into the service mode to get to the bandwidth to select the options you need to support CDMA / LTE. 

I understand the samsung info below is irrelevant to Huawei but thought I would throw it out there for whoever may be reading this topic could possibly help.

I tried the Samsung code *#0011# - service mode loaded promptly, but I couldn't get past service mode to open up bandwidth service mode.

• 2 weeks later...