What Kind Of Cell Phone Do You Have?

Tuff Tone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 6 years later...

sorry to bump this thread, but my girlfriend just got a new cell phone today.

she traded in her iphone 5c for the LG G-flex seen here:

lg_g_flex_review_sg_14-820x420.jpg

she went back to having a droid...so far she likes it and the bigger screen is easier for her to read without having to keep zooming in.

back in 2008, we got the same phone...a phone i still have to this day...lol..before the jokes start getting thrown my way, i have to say that im the type of person to get something new and take really good care of it and make it last a long time....this is how i have always been with everything from shoes to clothes to electronics to cars...basically "ride it till the wheels fall off"...for example, my last car had about 50 miles when i bought it and when i traded it in, it had over 300,000 miles on it.

anyways, since 2008 ive had this one phone (not a smartphone), and today we counted and she has gone through 9 different phones since we both bought the same phone in 2008...im really thinking of getting a new phone (not because i need it because my current 2008 phone looks exactly like the day i bought it and works perfect, but because i feel like i need a phone with apps and stuff in order to keep up with the times).

so just curious as to what phones you guys have....and what phone i should get....i have ghettro pcs and they dont have iphones though...but i was even thinking about switching providers to get something good...the samsung note 3 looks good, but if i stay with metro, im limited to the samsung mega or samsung s4 or samsung s5.

so, post your phone!

here's what i have (and had)...ive only had 3 phones in the past 12 years:

From November of 2002 to 2006:

sony ericsson t206

sonyericssont206-1356317567-1.jpg

From 2006 to October 2008:

motorola 6255i:

120574-nokia-6255i.jpg?thumb=y

From October 2008 to present (6/3/14):

mobile-phone_SCH-r450_features_kv.jpg

^only paid $200 for it brand new and it doesn't have a single problem.

Lolz, so funny to see all these old ass phones. Times sure have changed :P

6893499_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=500;canvasWidth=500

This is the most recent phone I got. I bought it earlier this year only because my second cell phone ever broke for some reason. It just stopped charging. I refuse to get a smartphone with apps because I only like to be on the internetz on my computer. FIGHT THE POWER BR0!

FIGHT THE POWER BR0!

:lol:

yes! fight the power indeed!!

i read that since t-mobile bought metro, and they will be switching to the t-mobile towers (all cdma will be gsm) that my cdma phone wont work (sometime at the beginning of 2015)..so i will be forced to upgrade anyways and they will give me a credit for my cell phone.

so i might as well wait till then.

• 4 months later...
:lol:

yes! fight the power indeed!!

i read that since t-mobile bought metro, and they will be switching to the t-mobile towers (all cdma will be gsm) that my cdma phone wont work (sometime at the beginning of 2015)..so i will be forced to upgrade anyways and they will give me a credit for my cell phone.

so i might as well wait till then.

well it finally happened.

i had no choice but to upgrade:

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8776517&postcount=656

^i was thinking about getting a oneplus one....even tried getting some invites for it....but heard about the yellow band glitch with the phone so that scared me away from purchasing it.

otherwise seems like a really nice phone and the price is great.

yeah, the first thing i did after i bought my phone was go to bestbuy and buy an otterbox defender series case for the phone....usually, im super careful with my phones anyways...thats why ive only had 3 phones in the past 12years and have never gotten insurance on any of them.