Pizza Appreciation Thread

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You're in a different country/economy, what do you usually pay for a slice? A NY slice is going to be maybe $2.50. There's a few places that will sell $1 slices but you tend to get what you pay for with that. A NY slice should be roughly the size of 2 slices from anywhere else. I forget exactly how long I lived in NYC but wen I got there there was almost a pizzeria on every block. Surprisingly, a lot of them sucked and you had to look around for what was really good.

This is one I made a while back when I had access to a proper oven.

Pretty basic - just cheese, sauce, and rocket, but top quality.

[ATTACH=full]226480[/ATTACH]

Kind of minimalist, but basic can still be quite good. Not sure I approve of throwing any leafy greens on a pizza (except fresh basil of course), especially after cooking. I had one once and wasn't fully feeling it- there's nothing to hold the greens in place and they don't cook and blend with the other ingredients. Can't realy take it to go as the greens wilt, can't reheat for kind of the same reason although I guess you can just take the greens off and add them on again at the end.

Anyone else want to weigh in on leafy greens on pizza? Also how about chicken? I've heard claims that it doesn't belong on pizza but I have seen it work.

heres a picture of the MOD Pizza i had (yes, I like pineapple on my pizza occasionally)

my girlfriend and I apparently got to the store 5 minutes before closing so they were in a rush to make the pizza so thats why it doesnt look too appetizing...the BBQ sauce was supposed to be a swirl and from what i could tell lightly put on the pizza...the guy was in a rush so he just put extra on it not in a swirl...lol...like i said before, not bad.

18426445_10212860887217249_473328111_o.thumb.jpg.ed61d01ca5a41b775eee9594e6501e03.jpg