Pizza Appreciation Thread

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Just now, SukiSukiNow said:

I’ve tried so many recs and so far I’m not impressed. I hardly ever have pizza these days. So so very sad.

HTX is pretty much in the same boat.  Funny as it sounds, the only pies I currently enjoy is MOD Pizza.  There is another place but it's a travel to get to even though it's good it's a hassle for the travels.

5 minutes ago, ndv said:
6 minutes ago, ndv said:

HTX is pretty much in the same boat.  Funny as it sounds, the only pies I currently enjoy is MOD Pizza.  There is another place but it's a travel to get to even though it's good it's a hassle for the travels.

that sucks, I feel your pain. One of my adopters has a spot that’s good but i don’t want to drive 45 min there then 45 min back in LA traffic.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Every pizza I eat besides Grimaldi’s is pretty weak. Have you tried it before @ndv?

@SukiSukiNowWhat was your favorite place for pizza in SF? I bet you liked Blondie’s on Powell Street.

It’s been so long I can’t remember but Blondies!!! That was my jam as a poor grad student. Soda and a slice $3!

I think I went to Oakland and Berkely for my pizzas 🍕 

2 hours ago, SukiSukiNow said:

It’s been so long I can’t remember but Blondies!!! That was my jam as a poor grad student. Soda and a slice $3!

I think I went to Oakland and Berkely for my pizzas 🍕 

lol Blondie’s was terrible. I always liked Panhandle pizza when it was open, it had really good cornmeal crust which was different. Nizzario’s was pretty good too. Don’t remember any of it being great though.

Making a rare stop at the local joint, now there are some West African folks running the operation. They are launching a parallel menu with African food, hope it is decent, discouraged by the presence of tillapia though. maybe i am just a snob but when you are 19 miles from the Atlantic you should really serve quality seafood, of you are going to serve it.

• Like 3

Honestly, it looks like a digiorno to me.  In other words looks good to me.  In fact knowing it's a home made and not digiorno is even better.

Growing up parents use to make home made pizzas.  Always wheat crust and shaped square becuase they used cookie sheets to bake them.

• Like 3
  • Props 1

3 hours ago, ndv said:

Honestly, it looks like a digiorno to me.  In other words looks good to me.  In fact knowing it's a home made and not digiorno is even better.

Growing up parents use to make home made pizzas.  Always wheat crust and shaped square becuase they used cookie sheets to bake them.

Your parents sound pretty cool.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

yeah that is a beautiful pizza. need to study up on making my own dough..

500g flour 

12.5g salt 

2g yeast 

5 gram sugar 

20g oil/shortening 

300g water 

mixed it up, let it sit for 30

knead it again, ball it up and let sit sealed for ~2hrs 

split it in half, ball up both, seal and sit for another ~2hrs 

after this you should have 2 nice balls of dough that’ll make you a 14-16” pie 

• Like 2
  • Props 1