Pizza Appreciation Thread

earmuffs

lol, working my way up to BJJ, my gym is more focused on kickboxing for beginners like myself but after UFC got big they started making BJJ a requirement to get higher belts. Personally need to drop about 20 lbs and figure out how to fix my knees before I can expect to advance. Kind of tough when there's really good pizza around every corner.

• LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Mercer the Peqouds in morton grove not skokie.....my bad, has way better parking than the lincoln park location. the issue alot of people have is actually finding it, i mean it's basically a gutted out house transformed into a pizzeria in the middle of a neighborhood. Think south side Chicago dive bar bungalow in the middle of a residential area. just look for the neon lights lol. 

• Props 1

On 7/12/2018 at 9:22 PM, Mercer said:

Got unreasonably mad about a month ago when I ordered pizza in Secaucus NJ assuming it was close enough to NYC to not be that bad. These Cock smokers gave me a paper plate, with aluminum foil over it, and laid the slice on top of the aluminum foil. Needless to say since it wasn't wax paper the fucking Cheese stuck to the aluminum foil. Such a disaster trying to peel the crumbling slice off  I complained and the guy behind the counter tells me "Thats how we serve all our pizza" like that's supposed to make me feel better. I'm even getting mad typing this. lol

Serious business here.  Some motherfuckers do not know how to make a slice, or slices, to go.  Shit should be mad easy, especially when it's what you do.  I've seen dumb shit, like can't figure out how to get 2 slices on plates in a bag to go.  Anyone who overlaps slices, smh, dumbass move.

I will post some photos from L&B and every other slice I eat when I get to BKLN in a week n a half. Wife is from Kings Plaza area so we always gotta hit up the childhood spots.

Somehow, the last best slice I had was out in fucking Bay Ridge, though. Like 4 years ago. I still think about that slice.

My yearly pilgrimage is just bagels, pizza, and alcohol. Will report back soon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IHATEU said:

L&B is in Bay Ridge. ^^^

but to make it clear its the best square in the world but not the best pie or slice i have had. its in the conversation for sure though...  

just make sure you order corners or ends only....

L&B is in Bensonhurst, not Bay Ridge.

@the.crooked if you got your slice from one of the older places it's probably still there.  If it's one of the 'newer' joints it may have already folded like a NY slice.

• Like 1

@misteravenI too felt like crap today after the pizza. I took down half a medium pizza and pretty much went straight to bed. So that probably didn’t help either. Lactose intolerance could be an issue with certain cheeses as well. My ex developed it. Had it for 10+ years. And suddenly didn’t have any problems with cheese one day. Weird. 

Edited by Pistol

8 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

L&B is in Bensonhurst, not Bay Ridge.

@the.crooked if you got your slice from one of the older places it's probably still there.  If it's one of the 'newer' joints it may have already folded like a NY slice.

Oh I know. I was talking about a separate slice. It was an older place. Not far off the 72nd street stop. 

We were here staying at a feiend’s Apartment down there and it was this one magical period of time where the R train had full service. I half way believe it was a dream. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, the.crooked said:

Oh I know. I was talking about a separate slice. It was an older place. Not far off the 72nd street stop. 

We were here staying at a feiend’s Apartment down there and it was this one magical period of time where the R train had full service. I half way believe it was a dream. 

You're slightly off on your stops but if it wasn't across the street from your stop that narrows it down and most of those are still there.  

Little further down and you might be talking about Nino's, people were always crazy over their Sofia Loren slice and the Gran Mama.

And yes, it's true, I've rode the R end to end and back, without delay even!  Right before that magical time on the R there was even a time when you could hit the BQE and be through Brooklyn in a few minutes, and it wasn't even 4am!

Pizza Brooklyn post 1:

pic 1 - Broadway Pizza - Fucking delicious. Just the welcome back I needed. Sauce was fuego. Size was great. Crust was crispy and flavorful. Classic NY slice. 

Pic 2 - Best Pizza - Pero, hipster food ccan be fire. This is fire hipster pizza. Frank L is doing some good shit. Fresh mozz and basil helps highlight  the quality of the other ingredients. Paired with a pitcher of bud heavy is perfect. The light sweetness of an American adjunct lager carries the sugars in the sauce without making anything saccharine. 

0A27D825-C003-46F0-BBA8-F549C80C7519.jpeg

29013024-C836-4E2E-8B69-DB097F731EA2.jpeg

• Like 2