Is the devil reaching out to you through hip hop music?

awkward eye

Today I was talking to a friend who has recently been saved and no longer listens to rap music because he is trying to live his life for the lord now...And that's not a bad thing in my opinion, it's just not the path I would choose for myself. Besides that, who am I to say what another man should do with his own life? He's trying to live good, I can't knock that.

So we're talking and he tells me about this dvd that helped him make the decision, the dvd is titled "The Secrets Of Hip Hop"...He goes on to say that in the video he learned that Jay Z's song H to the Izzo played backwards says Murder Jesus and that Jay Z was actually mocking Jesus by calling himself J Hoova. So now I'm thinkin' to myself who the fuck has brain washed my friend??? He also tells me that Bone's E 1999 Eternal cd has a spell on the back of the album cover and if you read it in the mirror you're actually casting a spell on yourself....

After hearing this I really wanted to learn more, so I got the info for the Ministers website and just finished reading over his thoughts and opinions of Rap music....I'm not convinced by his arguments or his personal opinion of what rap music is and what it is truly meant for. He did hold my attention for nearly an hour though, maybe I'd be more convinced if I watched the 100 dollar 4 part dvd series he's selling on his site. My buddy seems to believe all this man is saying is true, I personally think G. Craig Lewis is in it for himself and his wallet...But I wont tell him that, cause he's really turned his life around since being saved and if it works for him than so be it...As long as he doesn't preach this shit to me then we'll always be friends.

Here's a few things from the website......

Purpose of hip hop? What is its purpose? 2Ti 3:1

To set the stage for the coming of the antichrist and teach his doctrine of self-worship and knowledge of self.

To blur the existence and reality of the true and living God of the Holy Bible.

To lead youth into rebellion against the righteousness of God’s word.

To steal the true “meaning” or “purpose” of existence from our youth and lead them to early

death before they can fulfill their God given destiny

Thoughts on JAY Z-

ok let’s look at an obvious contradiction of Holy Hip-hop. Many holy-hoppers wear the clothes of artist who publicly oppose God. For instance, if a Holy-hopper wears Roca-wear he is promoting “Jay-Z” who has a song on an underground album that says “murder, murder, Jesus” Now, why would any Christian want to wear anything that promoted someone who claims they are “Jay-hova” and openly mocks Jesus?

http://www.exministries.com/whyhhh.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the devil reaching out to you through hip hop music?

Well, first of all that is a loaded question. Whether I answer yes or no, my answer would imply that:

A. the Devil exists

B. I listen to hip-hop music

I can't answer the question in a way I assume you'd like me to, because Christian theology has not been proven to be true yet.