Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sleeping Pills

Morse Code?

i did a search and nothing came up

does anyone here happen to be familiar with it?

my and my friend originally wanted to learn it so we could cheat on tests together (it was more of a joke than anything serious), and we both downloaded this morse trainer online, and we're just starting to learn it and it's pretty cool actually.

we even printed out copies for ourselves and laminated them /nohomo

morse-tab1.jpg

if any of you army guys or something know morse code some tips and pointers would be kinda nice considering this is harder to learn than i thought.

i just know SOS is either a long short long beep or a short long short beep steez

thats all

but thats all you need to know anyways

yeah i saw on the history channel on modern marvels i think that SOS doesn't actually stand for anything, but whoever made it for a distress call chose those letters because they're the easiest sequence in the code

Guest shai_hulud

...---...

SOS

There was a Morse Code thread on another forum I used to look at.

http://www.phonelosers.org

Check there. Normally I'd do it for you, but I don't really feel like it right now. Sorry, just being honest.

Morse code isn't used much nowadays but I'm sure a teacher would catch on if you tried to use it to cheat.

at the time the idea sounded cool, but now just learning it is pretty awesome, and i don't have any classes with her anyway. although, the teachers at my school are generally pretty stupid.

anyway so far i'm on 8 characters on this morse trainer.

We cheat by using red, green, blue, and black bic pens. Then put different colored cap tops on the pen to "flag" the answers.

Or you can do it this way (recommended by my uncle who's a professor at University of Michigan)

31-uEWunG6L._AA280_.jpg

Lego pen you can put different legos on top of.

dude for real. instead of learning the material of a test you'd learn morse code to cheat on it? that doesnt seem a little retarded to you?

I know ILBC the darthvader cheat pen is so much smarter...duh people take them glasses off pho seriously...

yeah i saw on the history channel on modern marvels i think that SOS doesn't actually stand for anything, but whoever made it for a distress call chose those letters because they're the easiest sequence in the code

I thought it stood for save our souls, created by the british navy

SOS is the commonly used description for the International Morse code distress signal (· · · — — — · · ·). This distress signal was first adopted by the German government in radio regulations effective April 1, 1905, and became the worldwide standard when it was included in the second International Radiotelegraphic Convention, which was signed on November 3, 1906, and became effective on July 1, 1908.

From the beginning, the SOS distress signal has actually consisted of a continuous sequence of three-dits/three-dahs/three-dits, all run together without letter spacing. In International Morse Code, three dits form the letter S, and three dahs make the letter O, so "SOS" became an easy way to remember the correct order of the dits and dahs. In modern terminology, SOS is a "procedural signal" or "prosign", and the formal way to write it is with a bar above the letters, i.e. SOS.

In popular usage, SOS became associated with phrases such as "Save Our Souls," "Save our Ship" "Save Our Shelby," "Shoot Our Ship", "Sinking Our Ship", "Survivors On Shore", and "Save Our Seamen". It is mostly known by "Save Our Souls". However, these phrases were a later development, most likely used to help remember the correct letters—something known as a backronym.

Many songs have been made of the distress signal SOS, such as "Message in a Bottle" by The Police, "SOS" by ABBA, "SOS" by Rihanna, "S.O.S." by The Jonas Brothers, and "Stranger" by Gamma.

sneeze-a

cough-b

fart-c

shit-d

i hope you dont have many d's as the answers to your multiple choice so you dont shit everywhere

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now