Potholes..

mosluggo

If i hit another fucking pothole my car will break in half. I think chicago streets and san wait till it hits the 3ft deep mark before fixing. On the other side, i get joy at seeing other people bottom there cars out. Especially on the ones that are covered with water. Makes me feel better. That is all..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I hit a pothole once in NYC that broke my mufler.

It wasn't even a real pothole, it was more like a man hole that the lid was like a foot below the surface.

It was right infront of some hotel or fancy apt building or some shit and when I pulled over to check it out the doorman of that building ran in and got me a coat-hanger to ghetto-rig my shit up with.

People in NYC are way freindlier than people in Philly.

i'd imagine east coast and states along the gulf would be the worst.

rain/ice/snow can fuck up asphalt big time. humidity also.

when the storms come you gotta wait for the streets to dry before you can attempt to put a cold patch on for a quick fix much less lay down some hot asphalt.

so in the middle of winter im sure those pot holes might take awhile before they get fixed.

there's a study going on, i believe in miss or bama regarding asphalt.

there's many different mixes of asphalt and engineers are trying to figure what works best as far as life, comfort of ride etc. they got army trucks driving around a track 24 hours a day with loads double the fed limit to simulate years of wear. so hopefully it helps improves streets in the future.

concrete is better but much more expensive. and in case it does need repair it's harder to patch up. so roads will probably continue to be made from asphalt.

in my city you can bitch and bill the city for damage and they usually pay it.

but im guessing chicago might take 4 years to get reimbursed.

Last year I got my tire all fucked up on a giant pothole on augusta blvd. Then I found out I can file a claim with the city to have them pay for it - And I did. They paid for half of it. Check it out.

damn i should check into that i wonder if they do that in NY